Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

just been to Fujairah for the w/e

just been to Fujairah for the w/e

Old Mar 26th 2007, 7:08 am
BE Forum Addict

arbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond repute
Default just been to Fujairah for the w/e

Was double booked at the Le Meridain.

After kicking up a fuss, they couldnt help us so we went to the nearest place, the Sandy Beach Motel

hmmmm

Anyone else been there? Opinions??

I thought to be honest it was ok. You pay motel prices you get motel standards i suppose.

The bath towel with the fag burn in it was a bit disturbing thou.

I always tell the wife not to smoke in the shower

ok crap joke, it is monday morning
Old Mar 26th 2007, 7:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Jeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: just been to Fujairah for the w/e

I went there about 6 weeks ago and though it was great value for money....we stayed in the new 2 storey building which is apparently better than the villas they have.
Only there for the beach.....and it's right in front of snoopy island.
Ate diiner at Le Meridian in any case.

Best way to go I reckon....A room is a room and you're asleep anyway.
Old Mar 26th 2007, 7:36 am
BE Forum Addict

arbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jeeper
I went there about 6 weeks ago and though it was great value for money....we stayed in the new 2 storey building which is apparently better than the villas they have.
Only there for the beach.....and it's right in front of snoopy island.
Ate diiner at Le Meridian in any case.

Best way to go I reckon....A room is a room and you're asleep anyway.
Thats exactly what we did. The only room we could get was right behind the reception.
Snoopy island was great, too many jellyfish thou for m
Old Mar 26th 2007, 7:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Jeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by arbroath_abroad
Thats exactly what we did. The only room we could get was right behind the reception.
Snoopy island was great, too many jellyfish thou for m
Yeah - there were jellys there when we were there as well...small clear ones....not sure if they're seasonal or what but I've not seen them before and i've been to Fuj a few times now.

Last edited by Jeeper; Mar 26th 2007 at 7:52 am.
Old Mar 26th 2007, 8:23 am
W10

Guy I work with got stung to pieces by the tiny Jellies.

I've never seen them before and I've been there loads of times.

Old Mar 26th 2007, 9:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by W10
Guy I work with got stung to pieces by the tiny Jellies.

I've never seen them before and I've been there loads of times.
There were loads of them. Some people were stung and a lot of people were handing back their snorkling equipment as it was too dodgy due to the amount of jellies around
Old Mar 26th 2007, 9:08 am
BE Forum Addict

There were loads of them. Some people were stung and a lot of people were handing back their snorkling equipment as it was too dodgy due to the amount of jellies around
Imagine what the jellies are saying on their forums about being knocked about all weekend.
Old Mar 26th 2007, 9:59 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jeeper
Imagine what the jellies are saying on their forums about being knocked about all weekend.
has anyone stayed at the rotana - was thinking about trying it?
Old Mar 26th 2007, 11:30 am
W10

I didn't think it had opened yet.

Old Mar 26th 2007, 12:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by W10
we tried their after the fiasco at the Le Mieriden. It was open but only certain parts. I think it was for promotions/industry people.

either that or they just didnt like the look of me and i got turned away.
Old Mar 26th 2007, 1:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by W10
Crapboy has been promoting it in a competition on his show, so I think it must be open now...

MM, xx
Old Mar 26th 2007, 1:41 pm
W10

Not necessarily, unless the prize is for this weekend.

I was under the impression it opened in April

Old Mar 26th 2007, 1:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by W10
Not necessarily, unless the prize is for this weekend.

I was under the impression it opened in April
they told me April 10th i think.
Old Mar 26th 2007, 3:27 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

they told me April 10th i think.
will check there was an ad in gulf news today
Old Mar 27th 2007, 6:49 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
will check there was an ad in gulf news today
just checked out website, cheapest room is 1200 dhs per night plus taxes etc so we won't be going there!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.