Jumeirah Park

Old Jul 7th 2013, 2:51 pm
Forum Regular

MrBAH is just really niceMrBAH is just really niceMrBAH is just really niceMrBAH is just really niceMrBAH is just really niceMrBAH is just really niceMrBAH is just really niceMrBAH is just really niceMrBAH is just really niceMrBAH is just really niceMrBAH is just really nice
Default Jumeirah Park

Hi All,

Anyone know much about this community, i.e. the presence of community facilities, etc? I know it sat unfinished for some time but work has resumed. An article I found on the internet suggested that the community facilities were progressing with a deal for a Geant supermarket there about a year ago, but there isn't much else I can find that is recent?

The villas seem good value - no doubt because it is an emerging community - but the quality looks good and its location also seems good. But, I'm keen to know if there is anything there other than half-finished villas and a collection of construction vehicles?
Old Jul 8th 2013, 7:20 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Jumeirah Park

If it's where I think it is it looks pretty unfinished to me, have you looked at Falcon City, it's near Silicone Oasis
Old Jul 8th 2013, 8:33 am
Forum Regular

MrBAH is just really niceMrBAH is just really niceMrBAH is just really niceMrBAH is just really niceMrBAH is just really niceMrBAH is just really niceMrBAH is just really niceMrBAH is just really niceMrBAH is just really niceMrBAH is just really niceMrBAH is just really nice

Thanks BC. Jumeirah Park is next door to Meadows/Juneirah Islands apparently. I've been looking at Victory Heights but the villas seem really expensive considering its "an emerging community" - sakes patter for, "it isn't finished yet". The search continues....
Old Jul 8th 2013, 10:36 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrBAH
Thanks BC. Jumeirah Park is next door to Meadows/Juneirah Islands apparently. I've been looking at Victory Heights but the villas seem really expensive considering its "an emerging community" - sakes patter for, "it isn't finished yet". The search continues....
it will take you just as long to get to Silicone Oasis (I am right in thinking school is there) from Jumeirah Park as it will from Al Barsha, and at least Barsha is reasonably finished. Victory Heights is nice as is the Green Community near there not the one out of town. Falcon City is your best bet though I am not sure if there is rear exit out of the development.
Old Jul 8th 2013, 10:50 am
BE Enthusiast

the_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrBAH
Hi All,

Anyone know much about this community, i.e. the presence of community facilities, etc? I know it sat unfinished for some time but work has resumed. An article I found on the internet suggested that the community facilities were progressing with a deal for a Geant supermarket there about a year ago, but there isn't much else I can find that is recent?

The villas seem good value - no doubt because it is an emerging community - but the quality looks good and its location also seems good. But, I'm keen to know if there is anything there other than half-finished villas and a collection of construction vehicles?
I visited a mates villa there over the weekend. The entrance roads in to it are a bit of a mess, but being worked on, he reckoned he got in and out pretty painlessly 99% of the time though. There’s still a good degree of villa construction on going but, the internal roads were pretty much done. Villas were nice, , light and spacious, but apparently not finished to highest standards. Lots of them still empty, so it did have the little of the feel of a ghost town. Community facilities, shops etc are still work in progress – read empty plots – from what I saw so probably minimum a year away.

If I worked that end of Dubai, wanted a 3+ bedroom villa, and could get a decent deal I’d seriously consider it.
Old Jul 8th 2013, 11:01 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by the_red_sheep
I visited a mates villa there over the weekend. The entrance roads in to it are a bit of a mess, but being worked on, he reckoned he got in and out pretty painlessly 99% of the time though. There’s still a good degree of villa construction on going but, the internal roads were pretty much done. Villas were nice, , light and spacious, but apparently not finished to highest standards. Lots of them still empty, so it did have the little of the feel of a ghost town. Community facilities, shops etc are still work in progress – read empty plots – from what I saw so probably minimum a year away.

If I worked that end of Dubai, wanted a 3+ bedroom villa, and could get a decent deal I’d seriously consider it.
never, I can't stand the traffic lights on the Springs, does my head in
Old Jul 8th 2013, 4:42 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

make sure your villa has a title deed...without that hard (or impossible) to get your Ejari, which you will need to sponsor your family and to get Du connected...I believe there are a lot of 3 beds now being put on the market and they won't have a title deed for the next few months, or even longer...

I don't know if you are already here, but you can't decide by looking on internet...go and drive over and get a feel of the place.

I have clients that are convinced that they want to live there, until I drive them over and show them what it's like...I personally think it's a horrible development, but when I see it on tinternet it looks ok...very deceiving.
Old Jul 9th 2013, 12:34 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

So yet another development called 'Jumeirah something' that is nowhere near Jumeirah?
Old Jul 9th 2013, 12:46 pm
Account Closed

Ethos83 is an unknown quantity at this point

What would have been the alternative?

Random Development City?

You know, it's high time they started borrowing Scottish words. 'Glen Views' or 'Loch Gardens' would do well in Dubai.

Originally Posted by Meow
So yet another development called 'Jumeirah something' that is nowhere near Jumeirah?

Last edited by Ethos83; Jul 9th 2013 at 12:51 pm.
Old Jul 9th 2013, 1:01 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ethos83
What would have been the alternative?

Random Development City?

You know, it's high time they started borrowing Scottish words. 'Glen Views' or 'Loch Gardens' would do well in Dubai.
Perhaps use the name of the area the development is actually in rather than calling it Jumeirah Something to make it sound better than it is?
Old Jul 9th 2013, 1:08 pm
Account Closed

Ethos83 is an unknown quantity at this point

But that's the problem.

When it was nothing but desert a few years ago what can it possibly use?

I won't forget the time I saw a map of the desert that became Emirates Living just prior to construction. Imagine my shock when I realised not a single meadow, lake, spring or anything remotely green was to be seen. Let alone a hill.

Perhaps use the name of the area the development is actually in rather than calling it Jumeirah Something to make it sound better than it is?
Old Jul 9th 2013, 1:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

I suppose that if they told the truth, you'd end up with 'Badly Built Pretentious Bollocks Plains' or some such. Just suprised there isn't an 'Alpine something-or-other' Give it time....
Old Jul 9th 2013, 1:31 pm
Bored liberal

No imagination here when it comes to naming areas or buildings.
Old Jul 10th 2013, 6:05 am
Concierge

No imagination here when it comes to naming areas or buildings.
JLT is my favourite for that one, not in Jumeirah, the lakes have been filled so just Towers
Old Jul 10th 2013, 6:09 am
Bored liberal

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
JLT is my favourite for that one, not in Jumeirah, the lakes have been filled so just Towers