Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Joining you all in Riyadh in January

Joining you all in Riyadh in January

Old Nov 2nd 2011, 2:26 pm
Forum Regular

homersthirdnipple is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Joining you all in Riyadh in January

Ladies and gents it gives me great pleasure to announce that Homersthirdnipple will be among you good people in Riyadh after accepting a proposal from a Riyadh based company to join their staff for the next 2 years.
Hope to survive the experience and go back to my beloved Newcastle a richer man.
My leaving party will be at St James Park NUFC V Swansea where I am being made to wear the full Arab regalia throughout the day.
Excited yet filled with fear, eager to get out but missing home already, looking forward but dread the day I have to leave.
Its gonna be a blast.

See you soon
Old Nov 2nd 2011, 3:22 pm
Just Joined

sterobbo2k is just really nicesterobbo2k is just really nicesterobbo2k is just really nicesterobbo2k is just really nicesterobbo2k is just really nicesterobbo2k is just really nicesterobbo2k is just really nicesterobbo2k is just really nicesterobbo2k is just really nice
Default Re: Joining you all in Riyadh in January

As you arrive I depart, mine was a similar story! all the best, try and enjoy, stick to your plan and take the cash home to Newcastle!
Old Nov 3rd 2011, 8:29 am
Forum Regular

Friendly bunch of chaps and chapesses on here, 100 views and only one well wisher!!!!!
I hope I am not suffering from Geordie ism!
Old Nov 3rd 2011, 8:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome Pet- another Geordie- just what the middle east needs

Welcome Im sure you'll fit right in- ish
Old Nov 3rd 2011, 9:12 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by kittycat1
Welcome Pet- another Geordie- just what the middle east needs

Welcome Im sure you'll fit right in- ish
I'm quite quiet really, you will hardly know I am here!
Old Nov 3rd 2011, 9:52 am
Just Joined

Rappers is an unknown quantity at this point

Homer

Congrats and hope all works out well for you.

I have just got my 'contract' through and my start date should I accept the role is middleof December. We must meet up for a...orange squash.

Ray
Old Nov 3rd 2011, 9:56 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Rappers
Homer

Congrats and hope all works out well for you.

I have just got my 'contract' through and my start date should I accept the role is middle of December. We must meet up for a...orange squash.

Ray
Good luck mate, I got my offer this week, negotiated up the salary and accepted yesterday, waiting for my contract.
Deffo meet up as orange squash is my thing

Al
Old Nov 3rd 2011, 9:57 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by homersthirdnipple
Ladies and gents it gives me great pleasure to announce that Homersthirdnipple will be among you good people in Riyadh after accepting a proposal from a Riyadh based company to join their staff for the next 2 years.
Hope to survive the experience and go back to my beloved Newcastle a richer man.
My leaving party will be at St James Park NUFC V Swansea where I am being made to wear the full Arab regalia throughout the day.
Excited yet filled with fear, eager to get out but missing home already, looking forward but dread the day I have to leave.
Its gonna be a blast.

See you soon
Saudi's hate Mags....
Old Nov 3rd 2011, 10:06 am
Forum Regular

Same as Nissan then!! just completed a years contract on the new Leaf Battery Plant, all the Nissan engineers involved in the project are of the red and white persuasion and make life difficult for their black and white subcontractors. Mind they have been a bit quiet of late, wonder why.
So Saudi,s Nissan, nee difference!!!
Old Nov 3rd 2011, 7:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond repute

Think I might leave the ME and try living in the North East, it would be nice to get away from all the geordies, smoggies and mackams for a year or two
Old Nov 3rd 2011, 7:44 pm
going slowly insane

Welshman 2805 is an unknown quantity at this point

Its gonna be a blast.

See you soon
hi Homer,

Living in Riyadh now for last two months, settling in OK. living in DQ. Do you know where your accommodation is going to be, its at a premium here. I am from Swansea so not to put a damper but I hope your leaving do goes OK but with a Swansea win (unlikley). Where in Riyadh are you working?
Old Nov 4th 2011, 4:29 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

Same as Nissan then!! just completed a years contract on the new Leaf Battery Plant, all the Nissan engineers involved in the project are of the red and white persuasion and make life difficult for their black and white subcontractors. Mind they have been a bit quiet of late, wonder why.
So Saudi,s Nissan, nee difference!!!
Don't worry mate , you'll soon start the slide after Crimbo , we'll wave to you on the way up
Old Nov 4th 2011, 4:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Tockalosh
Think I might leave the ME and try living in the North East, it would be nice to get away from all the geordies, smoggies and mackams for a year or two
I'm surrounded by Jocks here , nothing more sureal than seeing a Jock in Carreforr in Doha asking a Syrian Floor Manager for Irn Bru !
Old Nov 4th 2011, 5:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Tockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by co durham boy
I'm surrounded by Jocks here , nothing more sureal than seeing a Jock in Carreforr in Doha asking a Syrian Floor Manager for Irn Bru !
lol, our Spinneys is full of Irn bru but dont hear that many Jocks, perhaps they are all at the Brit club ?

Fortunately I havent heard a scouse accent in ages so praise be for the blessings we have.
Old Nov 4th 2011, 7:51 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Welshman 2805
hi Homer,

Living in Riyadh now for last two months, settling in OK. living in DQ. Do you know where your accommodation is going to be, its at a premium here. I am from Swansea so not to put a damper but I hope your leaving do goes OK but with a Swansea win (unlikley). Where in Riyadh are you working?
Not sure where I am staying yet , but my company are sorting this out and I am assured by the business developement manager that the accommodation is very good and has good facilities.
As for the Toon V Swans, it would be typical of the Toon to send me off with a defeat, they have dissapointed me for numerous years now so why change!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.