Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Jobsindubai - Safe to use?

Jobsindubai - Safe to use?

Old Jan 17th 2006, 8:22 pm
Just Joined

Daz7 is a jewel in the roughDaz7 is a jewel in the roughDaz7 is a jewel in the roughDaz7 is a jewel in the roughDaz7 is a jewel in the rough
Default **************** - Safe to use?

Hi Guys

I applied for a vacancy with **************** about a month ago, I've just received the following e-mail and would appreciate any advice as they are asking me for $92 within the next 10 days. I'm sure I saw a post on here advising to be wary of them.

Accepted

Thank you for submitting your resume to Jobs in Dubai. While under
consideration for this position, we will also put your qualifications
forward for any other related positions, as they become available. Please do
not reapply. The entire placement process may take from 1 to 4 months and we
will contact you as required.

Our agents will refer you to our clients in the Middle East Region, on our
behalf. We will then, set up the telephone interviews and arrange for all
appropriate documentation. A processing fee of $47 Canadian for U.S or Canadian citizens, or $92 Canadian for all other national, is now payable within 10 days.

Regards

Darren

Last edited by Daz7; Jan 17th 2006 at 9:44 pm.
Old Jan 17th 2006, 9:29 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Jobsindubai - Safe to use?

Originally Posted by Daz7
Hi Guys
I applied for a vacancy with Jobsindubai about a month ago, I've just received the following e-mail and would appreciate any advice as they are asking me for $92 within the next 10 days. I'm sure I saw a post on here
A fool and his money are soon parted.....
Old Jan 18th 2006, 5:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Benson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: **************** - Safe to use?

Hi Guys

I applied for a vacancy with **************** about a month ago, I've just received the following e-mail and would appreciate any advice as they are asking me for $92 within the next 10 days. I'm sure I saw a post on here advising to be wary of them.

Accepted

appropriate documentation. A processing fee of $47 Canadian for U.S or Canadian citizens, or $92 Canadian for all other national, is now payable within 10 days.

Regards

Darren
I can't say I know of this agent but I have never heard of anyone having to pay for their services. As far as I am aware they charge the companies that ask for the service of finding them an employee. Check the stickies at the top of the forum. they have some good info on agencies.

good luck
Old Jan 18th 2006, 6:00 am
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Guys

Accepted

Regards

Darren

Very strange....the only time I've dealt with recruitment agencies has been in UK, you are the customer and a valuable asset to them.
They make money by offering your skills to potential employers then take an nice fat 'finders fee' if you take on the job.

Asking for moeny up front seems rather cheeky to me, but then if they ask each person on their books for up to $92, they can make an easy living without actually palcing anybody.

Anyone for setting up a recruitment agency?
Old Jan 18th 2006, 8:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by NorthernLad

Anyone for setting up a recruitment agency?
Will 200,000Dhs be enough for that????
Old Jan 18th 2006, 9:00 am
Up in the air

Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute

please search this section for jobsindubai.
There have been many postings in the past about this bunch of cowboys.

Its a con..a blantant rip off...do not touch with a s#itty stick.

Acencies get their commision directly from the client, and should not ask you for any money.

you have been warned
Old Jan 18th 2006, 9:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Jammy_Dodgers
please search this section for jobsindubai.
There have been many postings in the past about this bunch of cowboys.

Its a con..a blantant rip off...do not touch with a s#itty stick.

Acencies get their commision directly from the client, and should not ask you for any money.

you have been warned
Exactly...
They will find you a job in Dubai all the way from their HQ in Canada,how cool is that????
Aaahhhh,the marvel of technology....
Old Jan 18th 2006, 10:23 am
Just Joined

Daz7 is a jewel in the roughDaz7 is a jewel in the roughDaz7 is a jewel in the roughDaz7 is a jewel in the roughDaz7 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by shoushou
Exactly...
They will find you a job in Dubai all the way from their HQ in Canada,how cool is that????
Aaahhhh,the marvel of technology....
Thanks for the feedback everyone, it's a shame the job is exactly what I'm doing in the UK however I guess that's if it really exists. I just keep trying all the agencies direct in Dubai.
Old Jan 18th 2006, 10:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Thanks for the feedback everyone, it's a shame the job is exactly what I'm doing in the UK however I guess that's if it really exists. I just keep trying all the agencies direct in Dubai.
The best ones,from what I hears and saw firsthand,are Clarendon Parker,Kershaw Leonard and BAC.
Hope you get it sorted soon....
Old Jan 18th 2006, 10:42 am