Reload this Page >

IT Jobs in Middle East

IT Jobs in Middle East

Old May 22nd 2009, 7:09 am
Banned

AhmedJack is an unknown quantity at this point
Default IT Jobs in Middle East

Dear All,

I want to know which country is best for IT related jobs in Middle East. I have a total experience of 4 years in microsoft dot net technologies. Most recently I am working on Datawarhouse/Business Intelligence project. I have a Master degree from UK and I am a Pakistani national. Can some one advise me which country is the best for working in IT in terms of salary.

cheers,
Ahmed Malik
Old May 24th 2009, 1:08 pm
meonline

meonline is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: IT Jobs in Middle East

I think you may be barking up the wrong tree. The vast majority of IT posts here in the Middle East are filled by Indians who from my experience are pretty hit and miss when it comes to IT projects.
Old May 25th 2009, 5:49 am
Just Joined

cod head is an unknown quantity at this point

im an IT project manager working for a multinational company in Dubai - recruited straight out of the UK, and even im on rubbish money....albeit with a decent housing / schooling allowance

If you are looking to save money - then you should look at Saudi, not the UAE
Old May 25th 2009, 10:15 am
Just Joined

chthomas will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by AhmedJack
Dear All,

I want to know which country is best for IT related jobs in Middle East. I have a total experience of 4 years in microsoft dot net technologies. Most recently I am working on Datawarhouse/Business Intelligence project. I have a Master degree from UK and I am a Pakistani national. Can some one advise me which country is the best for working in IT in terms of salary.

cheers,
Ahmed Malik
Qatar Petroluem in Qatar. They give reasonable package and allowances
Old May 25th 2009, 4:38 pm
Banned

twisty100 will become famous soon enough

Dubai is out of teh question at the minute, stick with KSA or Qatar
Old May 26th 2009, 7:19 am
Forum Regular

NickLess is an unknown quantity at this point

Still no more job s in Dubai.
Old May 26th 2009, 7:22 am
BE Enthusiast

deemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nice

Originally Posted by NickLess
Still no more job s in Dubai.
no offence but if you're pakistani i wouldnt bother coming here, you'll be treated like shit unless your english is top notch and you have a british passport.
Old May 26th 2009, 7:45 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by deemi786
no offence but if you're pakistani i wouldnt bother coming here, you'll be treated like shit unless your english is top notch and you have a british passport.
THUMB OF RULE - If you are a technical person, you will out of these formalities, BUT if you are looking a general jobs, like sales/data entry/content management/receptionist/even it sales and it marketing etc. You will require the top English language, highly profile in educated and experience, British passport, good looking with perfect personality etc.
Old May 26th 2009, 8:26 am
BE Enthusiast

deemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nice

THUMB OF RULE - If you are a technical person, you will out of these formalities, BUT if you are looking a general jobs, like sales/data entry/content management/receptionist/even it sales and it marketing etc. You will require the top English language, highly profile in educated and experience, British passport, good looking with perfect personality etc.
i dont agree with anything you just wrote nor do i understand parts of it...
Old May 26th 2009, 9:56 am
Forum Regular

i dont agree with anything you just wrote nor do i understand parts of it...
Like faces, we have different minds. Every one thinks/act from his/her past experiences.

Was talking - If you are a technical person, you will be hired in any company regardless you have good english or Brit. passport. And if you are non-technical, then employers will ask all other formalities. Hope you understand.

Regards
Old May 26th 2009, 11:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Like faces, we have different minds. Every one thinks/act from his/her past experiences.

Was talking - If you are a technical person, you will be hired in any company regardless you have good english or Brit. passport. And if you are non-technical, then employers will ask all other formalities. Hope you understand.

Regards
i still dont agree with what you have said.

Dubai not sure about any other emirate however dont really care about how good you are at your job, in fact at my current workplace there are numerous people who should not have the jobs they do......
Old May 26th 2009, 11:47 am
Forum Regular

i still dont agree with what you have said.

Dubai not sure about any other emirate however dont really care about how good you are at your job, in fact at my current workplace there are numerous people who should not have the jobs they do......
BUT i totally agree with you. Dear i am not here to impose my thoughts. I am sharing what my experience. may be your experience is different. And hope your experience is good and enough than me. Evey One in this world is liberal and have right to express the emotions. You are very true, what you said BUT according to your experience.

Regards
Old May 26th 2009, 7:07 pm
Forum Regular

sdeveloper will become famous soon enoughsdeveloper will become famous soon enough

BUT i totally agree with you. Dear i am not here to impose my thoughts. I am sharing what my experience. may be your experience is different. And hope your experience is good and enough than me. Evey One in this world is liberal and have right to express the emotions. You are very true, what you said BUT according to your experience.

Regards
@Ahmed Malik

Right now in the view of current fin/eco situation, If you are doing some job there, stick to it, its not good time to relocate in general anywhere (unless you get a fortune )
Now if we talk about UAE or other countries in Gulf, it depends on your expenses which are linked to your status

like if you are single, independant (not having large family to support financially), then you can relocate easily even in current conditions.
if married and have family to relocate with you then just relocation to UAE will be much expensive. So its your decision...

I have been to Saudia, UAE in last 2 years, on projects. From savings point of view Saudia is good, then Bahrain/Qatar and then UAE.

I would suggest to check www.gnads4u.com/jobs, and other Gulf job sites and get in contact with recruiters, mostly have UK offices as well, so try to negotiate a good package keeping in view your expenses and targeted savings.

@NickLess and Deemi786
No rule of thumb or generalization can be made, as there are many exceptions as well. I agree with Nickless on difference of opinion and experiences.

I cannot say much but just to @Deemi786 - ragarding no offence remark
- If someone/some group of people/Govt's are discriminating, its not good to follow them blindly.
- Try to encourage those who are affected.