British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   jobs in dubia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/jobs-dubia-545551/)

pauly1664 Jun 27th 2008 12:32 pm

jobs in dubia

just wondered if anyone knows of any job sites that are not looking for professional people.....im just a lowly spray painter.....thanks in advance...paul

Spugsy Jun 27th 2008 12:36 pm

Re: jobs in dubia

Originally Posted by pauly1664 (Post 6509465)
just wondered if anyone knows of any job sites that are not looking for professional people.....im just a lowly spray painter.....thanks in advance...paul

duabi is about 60% indian, and they do almost all of these types of jobs mate, I can almsot guarantee that there'll be stacks on indians out here spray painting for a quarter of what you earn back home.

pauly1664 Jun 27th 2008 12:41 pm

thanks for quick response...looks like its boring perth for me then...anywhere but here ive had enough of the uk

Madam Medusa Jun 27th 2008 12:44 pm

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 6509470)
duabi is about 60% indian, and they do almost all of these types of jobs mate, I can almsot guarantee that there'll be stacks on indians out here spray painting for a quarter of what you earn back home.

they won't get even as much as that, i'm sure...

MM, xx

Spugsy Jun 27th 2008 1:02 pm

Originally Posted by pauly1664 (Post 6509485)
thanks for quick response...looks like its boring perth for me then...anywhere but here ive had enough of the uk

perth in Australia?

jonjon08 Jun 27th 2008 1:12 pm

Originally Posted by pauly1664 (Post 6509485)

I know what you mean mate it is absolutly poo! :thumbdown:

in fact im going to start a thread about how poo england really is at the moment to help convince myself to move.

Blue Cat Jun 27th 2008 3:21 pm

so what's upsetting you all in the Uk these days ;)

Bob Jun 27th 2008 5:53 pm

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 6509930)
so what's upsetting you all in the Uk these days ;)

They're up north...should be down 'em pits like... :D

leavinguk Jun 27th 2008 7:49 pm

No its shite down south as well:frown:.........only the weathers much better:D

soukie Jun 27th 2008 8:30 pm

Originally Posted by Bob (Post 6510433)
They're up north...should be down 'em pits like... :D

Bob you have been in Dubai too long if you think this still applies:rofl:

littlejimmy Jun 28th 2008 6:00 am

The grass ain't always greener. More manicured and heavily watered perhaps, but the prevailing colour in this part of the world is sandy yellow.

pauldxb Jun 28th 2008 6:35 am

Originally Posted by littlejimmy (Post 6512267)
The grass ain't always greener. More manicured and heavily watered perhaps, but the prevailing colour in this part of the world is sandy yellow.

Ha Ha......I couldnt have put it better myself, sandy yellow suits me for the moment

davebrahney Jun 28th 2008 12:45 pm

anyone know what its like for wall and floor tilers out there ? is it just another low paid job or a recognised skill like in uk

soukie Jun 28th 2008 12:48 pm

Unfortunately it would not be well paid as there is a pool of cheap labour available from the east - better paid construction jobs in UAE tend to be in project management, design, surveying etc.

Madam Medusa Jun 28th 2008 12:48 pm

Originally Posted by davebrahney (Post 6512843)
anyone know what its like for wall and floor tilers out there ? is it just another low paid job or a recognised skill like in uk

very low paid i'm afraid...

MM, xx