Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Job Seekers beware.

Job Seekers beware.

Old Dec 30th 2004, 5:03 pm
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Job Seekers beware.

Originally Posted by novita77
Face... what is Cheese Manakish? Me and hubby like to get shawarma from nearby our house, and we also love to get this thing we call 'cheese bread'. Like bread with some cheese inside. Is that what u call with cheese manakish???
its like a cheese pizza, but its folded in half usually. Made with arabic cheese and is laid on a thin circular shape of dough and is roasted in an oven. Comes in other forms aswell..... mince Manakish and Zatar (tis a mean blend of arabic herbs) manakish.

I think the cheese manakishes are called cheese breads down at Spinneys. typical!
Old Dec 30th 2004, 5:05 pm
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by LakesLassie
Good choice Face - my 5 year old had chicken shawarma and cheese manakish for his Christmas dinner at the Meridien! Fish & chips also good, but mind you watch all those calories!
Manakish and shawarma at the Meridien? lol. lovely!

Thanks..... yeah... fish and chips will b good..... Japengo does the best fish and chips I have ever had though..... the hammour is just fantastic.

So I suppose it may be a fair trade.... fshawarma for fish and chips..... hmmmmmm..... i feel a poll coming on!
Old Dec 30th 2004, 5:11 pm
semarang

novita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Face81
Manakish and shawarma at the Meridien? lol. lovely!

Thanks..... yeah... fish and chips will b good..... Japengo does the best fish and chips I have ever had though..... the hammour is just fantastic.

So I suppose it may be a fair trade.... fshawarma for fish and chips..... hmmmmmm..... i feel a poll coming on!
So is Manakish come from arabic language???
Old Dec 31st 2004, 1:45 pm
The 5th Amendment

joseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nice

Originally Posted by novita77
So is Manakish come from arabic language???
I think what we have to ask ourselves is will the job seekers bring enough money to eat after paying for the airfare, accomodation, spending every night in the pub and getting the 30 or 40 so extension visas at DHS500 so they have enough time to find a job?