British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   Job Seekers beware. (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/job-seekers-beware-273966/)

Jammy_Dodgers Dec 28th 2004 6:28 am

Job Seekers beware.

Had a long old chat with Shiva last night about people who come out here looking for work. We have had a few over here recently so im gonna have a chat with Him,CF and JC and knock up a thread about coming out here with no job looking for employment.

I know we have the FAQ about agencies etc, but i think we need to put a brutal reality check posting up.

There are some people who get lucky, but alot of people do not. the employment market here is very different to most places i have worked, and people who think that they can turn up and get a job need to be warned about the challenges that WILL face them.
Even with a Masters and 100years experience with fortune 500 companies, you will still find it extremely hard to get a placement in certain sectors....such as IT.
Even those with a job have to put 110% effort into it as there are 100's of people that want your job,can do your job and are cheaper than you !!

Will stick something up in the next few days once i've had a chat with the boys.

joseph.creative Dec 28th 2004 7:20 am

Re: Job Seekers beware.

Originally Posted by Jammy_Dodgers
Had a long old chat with Shiva last night about people who come out here looking for work. We have had a few over here recently so im gonna have a chat with Him,CF and JC and knock up a thread about coming out here with no job looking for employment.

I know we have the FAQ about agencies etc, but i think we need to put a brutal reality check posting up.

There are some people who get lucky, but alot of people do not. the employment market here is very different to most places i have worked, and people who think that they can turn up and get a job need to be warned about the challenges that WILL face them.
Even with a Masters and 100years experience with fortune 500 companies, you will still find it extremely hard to get a placement in certain sectors....such as IT.
Even those with a job have to put 110% effort into it as there are 100's of people that want your job,can do your job and are cheaper than you !!

Will stick something up in the next few days once i've had a chat with the boys.

good idea. Lunch at the Strip to keep it sober. Will bring laptop so we can write this off line before posting.

and can we stop talking about ur sexual prowess. (Will stick something up in the next few days).

Back Thursday AM.

Jammy_Dodgers Dec 28th 2004 7:29 am

Originally Posted by joseph.creative
and can we stop talking about ur sexual prowess. (Will stick something up in the next few days)

Well im glad you have stopped being a miserable b******

No Probs....C U when you are back !

joseph.creative Dec 28th 2004 7:31 am

Well im glad you have stopped being a miserable b******

No Probs....C U when you are back !

sorry but you did not put enough stars in that line to spell "wonderfull creative person who is a diamond geezer who will be bought lots of drinks as he is in pain from his leg".

Crying Freeman Dec 28th 2004 8:27 am

Sounds like a plan Batman, give us a shout when you want to hook up.

Jammy_Dodgers Dec 28th 2004 8:29 am

sorry but you did not put enough stars in that line to spell "wonderfull creative person who is a diamond geezer who will be bought lots of drinks as he is in pain from his leg".

Well spotted, but just enough to spell [email protected]ky or what ! :D

joseph.creative Dec 28th 2004 8:54 am

Originally Posted by Crying Freeman
Sounds like a plan Batman, give us a shout when you want to hook up.

hmm Batman... rubber.
Hook up... american slang for meeting for a XXXX

beginning to worry bout Freeman.... :eek:

Crying Freeman Dec 28th 2004 9:09 am

hmm Batman... rubber.
Hook up... american slang for meeting for a XXXX

beginning to worry bout Freeman.... :eek:

I can talk gangster if you want!!

That's tripping fool, bell us on the blower when you want to trade the biscuit!... Slightly messed up in the head today!!

Truth Speak Dec 28th 2004 10:06 am

good idea. Lunch at the Strip to keep it sober. Will bring laptop so we can write this off line before posting.

and can we stop talking about ur sexual prowess. (Will stick something up in the next few days).

Back Thursday AM.

Be careful giving advice like this as it may come back to haunt u, especially if peolple hang their hopes on what u say....

Jammy_Dodgers Dec 28th 2004 10:09 am

Originally Posted by Truth Speak
Be careful giving advice like this as it may come back to haunt u, especially if peolple hang their hopes on what u say....

Fear not MT, if anything, the reality will make them think twice before doing anything silly

Heart of gold Dec 28th 2004 10:38 am

"wonderfull creative person who is a diamond geezer ".

Cough cough... damn it I nearly choked on my cuppa!!!! Lol:D

Jammy_Dodgers Dec 28th 2004 10:39 am

Originally Posted by Heart of gold
Cough cough... damn it I nearly choked on my cuppa!!!! Lol:D

Cuppa or Blue nun ??! :beer:

Heart of gold Dec 28th 2004 10:47 am

Cuppa or Blue nun ??! :beer:

A cuppa, without doubt .. its somewhat early for me hun! :)

Jammy_Dodgers Dec 28th 2004 10:54 am

Originally Posted by Heart of gold
A cuppa, without doubt .. its somewhat early for me hun! :)

Sorry, my watch must be 10 minutes fast :D :D :D

shiva Dec 28th 2004 10:59 am

totaly agree as you know.
i think it should be titled "dubai the ******* wake up thread"