Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Job Responce from Dubai

Job Responce from Dubai

Old Oct 4th 2004, 3:10 am
BE Enthusiast

Calgarian is just really niceCalgarian is just really niceCalgarian is just really niceCalgarian is just really niceCalgarian is just really niceCalgarian is just really niceCalgarian is just really niceCalgarian is just really niceCalgarian is just really niceCalgarian is just really niceCalgarian is just really nice
Default Re: Job Responce from Dubai

Originally Posted by malamri
Hi Khan

The way that I have approached it is as follows; I too was unsure what the situation would be like during Ramadan. So, to the companies I have called, once they have my CV, I have said that I intend to visit in due course.......can I come by and see you. So far the response has been positive. Once I get enough "yes" answers, I will phone back and make definite arrangements...regardless of the time of year.....

One tip, don't leave it till a week before, plan weeks in advance.

Martin
Thank you Martin,

I really appriciate that. I will start looking for companies . And see How many "Yes" I get. I will wait till I get ard 20 "yes" .

But thanks for advise.

Khan
Old Oct 4th 2004, 4:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Calgarian is just really niceCalgarian is just really niceCalgarian is just really niceCalgarian is just really niceCalgarian is just really niceCalgarian is just really niceCalgarian is just really niceCalgarian is just really niceCalgarian is just really niceCalgarian is just really niceCalgarian is just really nice

Hi Martin,

Just last question. Do they have to have job vecancy for me to send resume or it is just that I send resume to all the IT companies. I am looking since morning and so far I only found 2 companies looking for a Comp Programmer. So What do u think will be good approach? Applying when they have job or sending them resume anyway?

Thanks

Khan
Old Oct 4th 2004, 5:36 am
Forum Regular

MCA27 will become famous soon enoughMCA27 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Calgarian
Hi Martin,

Just last question. Do they have to have job vecancy for me to send resume or it is just that I send resume to all the IT companies. I am looking since morning and so far I only found 2 companies looking for a Comp Programmer. So What do u think will be good approach? Applying when they have job or sending them resume anyway?

Thanks

Khan
The simple answer is do both. Apply to companies that have definite vacancies and apply to companies that do not have vacancies....they will keep your details on file and contact you when something comes up.

Not all companies advertise vacancies on their website........

Also have a look at http://www.khaleejtimes.com under the appointments section, they have lots of IT stuff.

Good luck and keep me posted on how you get on....I may be asking you for some tips once you have got yourself that dream job

Martin
Old Oct 4th 2004, 5:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by malamri
The simple answer is do both. Apply to companies that have definite vacancies and apply to companies that do not have vacancies....they will keep your details on file and contact you when something comes up.

Not all companies advertise vacancies on their website........

Also have a look at http://www.khaleejtimes.com under the appointments section, they have lots of IT stuff.

Good luck and keep me posted on how you get on....I may be asking you for some tips once you have got yourself that dream job

Martin
Thank you very much martin for your help...let me start digging and see what I find out I will keep u posted.

Khan