Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Job Responce from Dubai

Job Responce from Dubai

Old Oct 1st 2004, 4:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Calgarian is just really niceCalgarian is just really niceCalgarian is just really niceCalgarian is just really niceCalgarian is just really niceCalgarian is just really niceCalgarian is just really niceCalgarian is just really niceCalgarian is just really niceCalgarian is just really niceCalgarian is just really nice
Default Job Responce from Dubai

Hello everyone,

I am just wondring that is anybody who is applying for job in Dubai through newspaper or through emplyment agencies ..getting any responce back(espicially IT ppl)? Cause I am not getting anything. I am considring seriously to take advise from cherrypie and move there to find a job.

Thanks

Khan
Old Oct 2nd 2004, 5:51 am

Heart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Job Responce from Dubai

Originally Posted by Calgarian
Hello everyone,

I am just wondring that is anybody who is applying for job in Dubai through newspaper or through emplyment agencies ..getting any responce back(espicially IT ppl)? Cause I am not getting anything. I am considring seriously to take advise from cherrypie and move there to find a job.

Thanks

Khan
There are alot of ppl that have been in Dubai longer than others! You wont go wrong with taking advice from Cp, instead of seriously thinking of it .. Just do it, if you seriously want a job out here.
Old Oct 2nd 2004, 10:14 am
The 5th Amendment

joseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nice

Originally Posted by Heart of gold
There are alot of ppl that have been in Dubai longer than others! You wont go wrong with taking advice from Cp, instead of seriously thinking of it .. Just do it, if you seriously want a job out here.
I am here. One flight, loads of emails and a lot of meetings.

I am now going to the office for them to sort out my work visa for when I get back in 3 weeks.

u gotta be here or NOBODY takes it seriously.....
Old Oct 2nd 2004, 8:26 pm
Simply Brilliant

Cherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really nice

Originally Posted by joseph.creative

I am now going to the office for them to sort out my work visa for when I get back in 3 weeks.

Wow! Congratulations Joseph! You've sorted yourself out then and in just 12 days...very smart! That's excellent news- you must be well chuffed. Have to say, I didn't doubt for one second that you'd manage it...Well Done!
Old Oct 3rd 2004, 2:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Calgarian is just really niceCalgarian is just really niceCalgarian is just really niceCalgarian is just really niceCalgarian is just really niceCalgarian is just really niceCalgarian is just really niceCalgarian is just really niceCalgarian is just really niceCalgarian is just really niceCalgarian is just really nice

hi guys,

thank you very much for the encouragement. I just have to take care of one last thing then I will be gone to dubai. Joseph Congratulation man.We are thinking of visiting dubai in late oct ,early november.

Thanks again for the advisw guys.

Khan
Old Oct 3rd 2004, 2:47 pm
Forum Regular

MCA27 will become famous soon enoughMCA27 will become famous soon enough

hi guys,

thank you very much for the encouragement. I just have to take care of one last thing then I will be gone to dubai. Joseph Congratulation man.We are thinking of visiting dubai in late oct ,early november.

Khan
Hi Calgarian

I too am thinking of visiting Dubai in late Oct.....but remember it is the Holy month of Ramadan......so before you book anything, make sure that you have meetings in place and feel confident they will attend!

Martin
Old Oct 3rd 2004, 6:18 pm
Simply Brilliant

Cherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really nice

hi guys,

Khan
Good Luck, Khan.
Old Oct 3rd 2004, 10:27 pm
The 5th Amendment

joseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nice

CP and Calgarian...

Thanks guys.

Am knackered. Back inthe UK. Flight via Doha.

just picking up over 150 emails.. ouch.....

will do proper post tomorrow but this will be fun now.

And also a special cheers to Face. and Heart of Gold.

beers soon in Scarlets.

Joelb... and better change the sig ASAP!!!
Old Oct 4th 2004, 11:40 am
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light

CP and Calgarian...

Thanks guys.

Am knackered. Back inthe UK. Flight via Doha.

just picking up over 150 emails.. ouch.....

will do proper post tomorrow but this will be fun now.

And also a special cheers to Face. and Heart of Gold.

beers soon in Scarlets.

Joelb... and better change the sig ASAP!!!

No probs mate. it was a pleasure!

-Face81
Old Oct 4th 2004, 1:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi Guys,

Could any of you tell me how to arrange meeting and stuff, cause in my head its hard to arrange something when the other part is not replying? ANY ADVISE will be much appriciated. Cause all the companies I sent my resume to didnt return my email.

Thanks

Drink cpl of beers for me Joseph

Khan
Old Oct 4th 2004, 1:50 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Guys,

Could any of you tell me how to arrange meeting and stuff, cause in my head its hard to arrange something when the other part is not replying? ANY ADVISE will be much appriciated. Cause all the companies I sent my resume to didnt return my email.

Thanks

Drink cpl of beers for me Joseph

Khan
Hi Khan

Always follow up with a phone call. Once you get someone on the other end of the line, you have a contact person with whom you can get into a conversation. Get their details and request a meeting.

I am in recruitment myself and have come to the conclusion that most of the agencies in Dubai are very poor. Therefore contact companies direct. Sell your abilities and say that you intend to visit dubai and that you would like to meet them to diiscuss future opportunities. The trick is, to then maintain contact so they remember you.

Hope this helps.......

Martin
Old Oct 4th 2004, 2:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by malamri
Hi Khan

Always follow up with a phone call. Once you get someone on the other end of the line, you have a contact person with whom you can get into a conversation. Get their details and request a meeting.

I am in recruitment myself and have come to the conclusion that most of the agencies in Dubai are very poor. Therefore contact companies direct. Sell your abilities and say that you intend to visit dubai and that you would like to meet them to diiscuss future opportunities. The trick is, to then maintain contact so they remember you.

Hope this helps.......

Martin
Thanks Martin,

Now I have to find the recruitment agencies that specialize in IT recruitment, send then my resume and then call them. Any other advise?

Thanks

Khan
Old Oct 4th 2004, 2:29 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Martin,

Now I have to find the recruitment agencies that specialize in IT recruitment, send then my resume and then call them. Any other advise?

Thanks

Khan
Khan

Don't place your hopes in the agencies. Of course contact them, send them your CV and meet them if you are in town......but have a look at companies that you are interested in working for and contact them direct. Submit your CV via their website, then follow up with a call.......with the aim of getting a meeting.

As a recruiter, I know companies always prefer sourcing candidates themselves...its cheaper!!

Martin
Old Oct 4th 2004, 2:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by malamri
Khan

Don't place your hopes in the agencies. Of course contact them, send them your CV and meet them if you are in town......but have a look at companies that you are interested in working for and contact them direct. Submit your CV via their website, then follow up with a call.......with the aim of getting a meeting.

As a recruiter, I know companies always prefer sourcing candidates themselves...its cheaper!!

Martin
Thanks Again Martin. I will start my research and will go there as soon as I can. Shouldnt I wait till I am sure when I am going to go there and then start making phone calls so when I get there they remember me . For example If I am planning to go there in December should I start making phone calls end of november begining of December ? I want to go there after ramazan cause I get the feeling that most ppl take it easy in ramazan.

Thanks again for the advise.

Khan
Old Oct 4th 2004, 3:02 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Again Martin. I will start my research and will go there as soon as I can. Shouldnt I wait till I am sure when I am going to go there and then start making phone calls so when I get there they remember me . For example If I am planning to go there in December should I start making phone calls end of november begining of December ? I want to go there after ramazan cause I get the feeling that most ppl take it easy in ramazan.

Thanks again for the advise.

Khan
Hi Khan

The way that I have approached it is as follows; I too was unsure what the situation would be like during Ramadan. So, to the companies I have called, once they have my CV, I have said that I intend to visit in due course.......can I come by and see you. So far the response has been positive. Once I get enough "yes" answers, I will phone back and make definite arrangements...regardless of the time of year.....

One tip, don't leave it till a week before, plan weeks in advance.

Martin

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.