Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

JOB in Qatar/Dubai/Kuwait/SA

JOB in Qatar/Dubai/Kuwait/SA

Old Aug 28th 2007, 3:58 pm
Just Joined

schweet is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: JOB in Qatar/Dubai/Kuwait/SA

Cheers buddy, much appreciated. Drinks (well, non alcoholic ones at least) are on me when (not if) things work out...
Old Aug 28th 2007, 6:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by schweet
Hi;

I am a Unix systems Engineer with over 8 years of experience working in telecoms and ISP's in the UK. Extensive experience within web and J2EE environments. Can Anyone on these forums help. Looking to relocate to Qatar, Dubai, kuwait of Saudi...

Can send CV.

Thanks
Ali.
So in simple English that an idiot like me can understand, schweet - what do you actually DO?

And don't start using initials and acronyms - I'm campaigning against them............
Old Aug 29th 2007, 12:18 pm
Just Joined

Well in simple english. I'm like your GP. You go to your GP with symptoms, he asks you questions and analyses exactly what your problems are and then recommends or prescribes a solution (well its true in my case, maybe not in your GP's case, he/she may make things worse!). I do pretty much the same thing but within IT. I work for AOL and have done so or over 3 years.

Large scale sysems and network rollout, Web server configs and general system engineering type role. Lots or project work.. I hope that was in non IT jargon. Oh 1 more thing, I dont deal with Microsoft stuff! Phew! Thank god for that...
Old Aug 29th 2007, 12:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Paidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond repute

Well in simple english. I'm like your GP. You go to your GP with symptoms, he asks you questions and analyses exactly what your problems are and then recommends or prescribes a solution (well its true in my case, maybe not in your GP's case, he/she may make things worse!). I do pretty much the same thing but within IT. I work for AOL and have done so or over 3 years.

Large scale sysems and network rollout, Web server configs and general system engineering type role. Lots or project work.. I hope that was in non IT jargon. Oh 1 more thing, I dont deal with Microsoft stuff! Phew! Thank god for that...
That's great that will be about 95% of us on BE who now understand what you do
Old Aug 29th 2007, 1:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

oktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to behold

I know how you feel regarding Micro$haft, problem is - they have 98% of the market in this region. Have got some feedback for you I'll send a pm
Old Aug 29th 2007, 1:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

in other words you advise your clients to switch their computers off and back on to solve the problems!
Old Aug 29th 2007, 1:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

oktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
in other words you advise your clients to switch their computers off and back on to solve the problems!
Do you remember that word-perfect customer service conversastion?
Old Aug 29th 2007, 1:56 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
that normally works for me
Old Aug 30th 2007, 10:16 am
Just Joined

Well, funny how switching on/off a Microsoft machine solves the problem, BUT, 80% of the time, its the easy questions that resolve the problem. IS IT PLUGGED IN? lol. ermmmm, oh yeah, the power cable... hehehe, I dont know how that happened.
Old Jan 28th 2008, 6:29 pm
Just Joined

Hi Guys,

Got awesome response from you guys when I originally posted. Have moved on from my job in London since. Started on my contract with BT From Nov 07. Still looking to move to Qatar/Dubai/Kuwait/SA/Doha etc...

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

thanks
Ali.