Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Job Offered based in Riyadh

Job Offered based in Riyadh

Old Jul 26th 2012, 8:31 pm
Banned

Desert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Job Offered based in Riyadh

Originally Posted by hiteshapatel
Wow that was not what I was told. I have been advised I could get a 1 bed appartment for 1500usd PCM in a compound. I assume this is wrong.

So what is the average cost of a 1 bed apartment in a good compound for the year?
I'm sure you can but there's compounds and then there's compounds.

Good compounds are 90k to 120k per year.
Old Jul 26th 2012, 10:02 pm
Forum Regular

Southlondoner is an unknown quantity at this point

SAR 40k for a full spec Tahoe? This is an annual lease right?

I was truly diddled then. Was paying SAR 56k (on a monthly basis) for a Toyota Prado in Riyadh.
Old Jul 26th 2012, 10:17 pm
Banned

Desert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Southlondoner
SAR 40k for a full spec Tahoe? This is an annual lease right?

I was truly diddled then. Was paying SAR 56k (on a monthly basis) for a Toyota Prado in Riyadh.
Yes, this is an annual lease on 3 years with a 50k balloon payment. Your 56k seems like a rentacar cost. One can rent an Altima or a Camry for 2800 per month if one doesn't fancy buying.
Old Aug 5th 2012, 2:34 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Hitesh

What did you decide in the end? Just to emphasise a point, try and get onto a compound in Riyadh. I met a friend of mine working in Saudi who is back during the Ramadan lull.

He put it well. Life in Riyadh outside the western compounds is dull and slow. Imagine a city in Pakistan - but with good roads and much cleaner. That is the best parallel. Its a miserable existence outside the compound. It would be optimal if your company pays the rent/gives you the allowance.
Old Aug 5th 2012, 3:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Alexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond repute

Oh, are there now flats/villas available for private people on Western compounds in Riyadh?
Old Aug 5th 2012, 4:58 pm
Forum Regular

Hi

I think you need a company as a sponsor or guarantor - to show proof of employment and cash flow. You can certainly apply on your own though.
Old Aug 6th 2012, 7:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

MaserMan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Alexa
Oh, are there now flats/villas available for private people on Western compounds in Riyadh?
Yes there are and always have been. The compounds use the 'compound full' line to keep prices up or the compound manager to get a backhander to jump the alleged waiting list.

There are also a number of new compounds online now.

Where I live, they say they are full and that is not the case and they are not villas being retained by companies. As an example I moved from one villa to another and the villa I moved out of is still lying empty after 8 months.
Old Aug 6th 2012, 8:25 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by MaserMan
Yes there are and always have been. The compounds use the 'compound full' line to keep prices up or the compound manager to get a backhander to jump the alleged waiting list.

There are also a number of new compounds online now.

Where I live, they say they are full and that is not the case and they are not villas being retained by companies. As an example I moved from one villa to another and the villa I moved out of is still lying empty after 8 months.
The situation with compounds in KSA is beyond any logic, like everything else I guess.

In my compound I have been harassing them to move me from a 2-bed apt to a 3-bed villa and a few are lying around but no..........