Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Job Offer...........wtf!

Job Offer...........wtf!

Old May 27th 2007, 5:52 pm
Up in the air

Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute
Default Job Offer...........wtf!

This is what is currently being offered to tempt people over from the UK...fair enough, it might not be for a niche role, but do you know any westerner that can live on this or am i being spoilt here???

quote:

We offer you a basic salary and a commission as follows:

Basic: 3500dirhams per month

Transport: 700 dirhams per month

Housing: 1800 dirhams per month

Commission: Services:10% of any earnings above 10,000dirhams per month,
Retail: 7% on any sales when target of 2,000dirhams is reached.

There is a probation period for the first 6 months.
Also, we will deduct the costs of the visa application (3500 dhs) from your monthly wages at a rate of 500 dirhams per month until the end of the probation period, at which point, if both parties are satisfied we will re-reimburse these costs also after one year of employment.

Members of staff who leave our employment within the first 2yrs will be expected to repay any training and visa costs that have been covered by the salon during there employment.

The business is open 7 days a week and you will be given 1 1/2 days off per week. (2 days at owners' discretion).

You are required to work 50hrs a week;
Annual leave is 30 calendar days.

You are required to work for 12months before you are entitled to leave although we are a little flexible and if you require we can give unpaid leave. Also if you want holidays when it gets up to about 9/10 months we normally will allow paid leave.

You will be provided with a flight home every 2nd year.
Old May 27th 2007, 5:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Job Offer...........wtf!

Originally Posted by Jammy_Dodgers
This is what is currently being offered to tempt people over from the UK...fair enough, it might not be for a niche role, but do you know any westerner that can live on this or am i being spoilt here???

quote:

Also, we will deduct the costs of the visa application (3500 dhs) from your monthly wages at a rate of 500 dirhams per month until the end of the probation period, at which point, if both parties are satisfied we will re-reimburse these costs also after one year of employment.

Members of staff who leave our employment within the first 2yrs will be expected to repay any training and visa costs that have been covered by the salon during there employment.

The business is open 7 days a week and you will be given 1 1/2 days off per week. (2 days at owners' discretion).

You are required to work for 12months before you are entitled to leave although we are a little flexible and if you require we can give unpaid leave. Also if you want holidays when it gets up to about 9/10 months we normally will allow paid leave.

I'm cool with everything,but,50 hours a week???
Old May 27th 2007, 5:56 pm
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

quote:

My firm are getting really desperate offering that kind of money.

Ahem. Are you sure you didn't miss a zero off each number?
Old May 27th 2007, 5:56 pm
Up in the air

Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Confucius
I'm cool with everything,but,50 hours a week???
you can come and be my bitch then for 3600 a month
Old May 27th 2007, 5:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

expat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond repute

Where did you find this?
Up in the air

Originally Posted by littlejimmy
My firm are getting really desperate offering that kind of money.

Ahem. Are you sure you didn't miss a zero off each number?
nope...thats the correct figures for a UK person
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

you can come and be my bitch then for 3600 a month
I will not flirt...
But,I will post a reply to this on the 1st...
Old May 27th 2007, 5:58 pm
Up in the air

Originally Posted by expat.brat
Where did you find this?
Thats irrelavent..but i can tell you it was mailed the other day
Old May 27th 2007, 6:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Alexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Confucius
I will not flirt...
But,I will post a reply to this on the 1st...
Sorry to hijack thread, but that avatar is just gorgeous!
Old May 27th 2007, 6:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

expat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond repute

Thats irrelavent..but i can tell you it was mailed the other day
Just wondering if you had the contact details for interested candidates, unless you've decided to apply that is.
Old May 27th 2007, 6:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Lady Lou
Please refer to the"Right!!!" thread...
Old May 27th 2007, 6:04 pm
Its all good

Fairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lady Lou
who is it?
Old May 27th 2007, 6:05 pm
Up in the air

Originally Posted by expat.brat
Just wondering if you had the contact details for interested candidates, unless you've decided to apply that is.
The candidate is not interested.....is it me or is that offer piss-poor?
Old May 27th 2007, 6:05 pm
Up in the air

Originally Posted by Fairydust
who is it?
its me!!
Old May 27th 2007, 6:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

The candidate is not interested.....is it me or is that offer piss-poor?
I've thought about it carefully and yeah I would say that offer is below piss-poor.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.