Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

job offer in Riyadh

job offer in Riyadh

Old Oct 13th 2011, 12:26 pm
Just Joined

ServerCool will become famous soon enoughServerCool will become famous soon enough
Default job offer in Riyadh

Hi This is the first time I have sent anything on here so Hi to all and I hope I am in the correct area!.

I was was wondering if anyone could advise me please.

I have been offered a position in Riyadh for 3 years via one of our group companies through our Saudi company. I am aware of the Iqama situation and Medical I will need once I am in Saudi. I am in the process of having a medical here in the UK via my GP and will get this stamped once my blood test results are back in by the FCO.
Can anyone please advise what type of Visa I need to apply for in the UK for Saudi as I see the Work visa only lasts for 3 months? Do you need to reapply for this every 3 months or when you receive your Iqama there will be no need to reapply?
Thanks
Old Oct 13th 2011, 10:45 pm
Forum Regular

khitan004 is just really nicekhitan004 is just really nicekhitan004 is just really nicekhitan004 is just really nicekhitan004 is just really nicekhitan004 is just really nicekhitan004 is just really nicekhitan004 is just really nice
Default Re: job offer in Riyadh

You are correct. You need to get a work visa and during those 3 months you convert it into an Iqama through your employer. Stupidly (and you'll notice a lot of this going on) I think you have to do the medical again to get your Iqama. Don't know if this is true, heard it is, and wouldn't be surprised if it is.

Good luck with the job, do you have anywhere to live yet over here?
Old Oct 14th 2011, 8:18 am
Just Joined

Super_Man is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes Your right your 3 month work visa will be converted to an Iqama! You will require to undertake another medical test, Blood, Stool etc!
I advise u go through an agency in london to process your visa as the embassy can be quite unhelpful! im sure ur company will reimburse u the cost!

Welcome to Riyadh! hope your prepared!
Old Oct 14th 2011, 6:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Desert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really nice

Originally Posted by Super_Man
Yes Your right your 3 month work visa will be converted to an Iqama! You will require to undertake another medical test, Blood, Stool etc!
I advise u go through an agency in london to process your visa as the embassy can be quite unhelpful! im sure ur company will reimburse u the cost!
Thats right. In addition to the medical in the UK, I had one done in Riyadh (Urine, Stool and Blood) once done, your company should be able to proceed with the Iqama process.

I recoment using Harley Medical Services in London 020 7636 7333, they are very helpful and have been in the business for years and have good links with the embassy.
Old Oct 17th 2011, 1:42 pm
Just Joined

ServerCool will become famous soon enoughServerCool will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by khitan004
You are correct. You need to get a work visa and during those 3 months you convert it into an Iqama through your employer. Stupidly (and you'll notice a lot of this going on) I think you have to do the medical again to get your Iqama. Don't know if this is true, heard it is, and wouldn't be surprised if it is.

Good luck with the job, do you have anywhere to live yet over here?
Hi Khitan, Many thanks for your reply, most helpful.
Yes my company has organised a villa on one of the compounds so hopefully it will be ready to move into in January.
Old Oct 17th 2011, 1:43 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Super_Man

Welcome to Riyadh! hope your prepared!
Thanks for your reply Superman! I have been in Riyadh many times so am well prepared.... I think!
Old Oct 17th 2011, 1:46 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Desert Shaikh
Thats right. In addition to the medical in the UK, I had one done in Riyadh (Urine, Stool and Blood) once done, your company should be able to proceed with the Iqama process.

I recoment using Harley Medical Services in London 020 7636 7333, they are very helpful and have been in the business for years and have good links with the embassy.
Dear Desert Shaikh, Thanks for your reply and info re Medical centre. I am currently doing this via my GP at a fraction of the cost £15 and then once I have my blood tests back will send it on to the FCO for legalisation £35. Hope it works OK.!
Old Oct 17th 2011, 2:37 pm
Forum Regular

khitan004 is just really nicekhitan004 is just really nicekhitan004 is just really nicekhitan004 is just really nicekhitan004 is just really nicekhitan004 is just really nicekhitan004 is just really nicekhitan004 is just really nice

£15! Bargain. Mine would only do some of the tests, bloods and x-rays etc had to be done at the hospital.
Old Oct 18th 2011, 10:21 am
Just Joined

X rays? Have not been informed of this? Is this a must?
Old Oct 18th 2011, 12:17 pm
Forum Regular

I assume so. I got given a form to for the GP/Hospital to fill out. It is in Doctor's English with lots of acronyms. Turned out one of them was a chest x-ray. Just check yours again, my GP would do only some of the things for £15, the rest I had to go into hospital for (Bloods & X-Ray). Due to the spiraling costs I just got my company to make me an appointment with Harley Street.
Old Oct 18th 2011, 12:42 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by khitan004
I assume so. I got given a form to for the GP/Hospital to fill out. It is in Doctor's English with lots of acronyms. Turned out one of them was a chest x-ray. Just check yours again, my GP would do only some of the things for £15, the rest I had to go into hospital for (Bloods & X-Ray). Due to the spiraling costs I just got my company to make me an appointment with Harley Street.
Thanks for the info. I have done the same re bloods etc which are not cheap! did you have a rabies jab or Jabs? and how much was the x ray if you dont mind me asking? Many Thanks
Old Oct 18th 2011, 3:54 pm
Forum Regular

I didn't actually get round to asking. It was becoming too much of a hassle. I can't recollect having rabies as an injection, I remember having 3, 2 in one arm and one in the other. If you ask your GP for all the relevant innoculations they should know what to give you. Some of mine were just boosters i.e. Tetanus. You shouldn't need anything for Malaria as it's not prevalent.
Old Oct 18th 2011, 6:48 pm
Just Joined

Super_Man is an unknown quantity at this point

noo i didnt have to do any xrays when i was in london, however when I got to Riyadh I had to do one as part of the medical for my Iqama!! Save your time and hastle go through the agency and im sure your company will reimburse you the cost mine did!!
Old Oct 19th 2011, 1:40 am
BE Forum Addict

hoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ServerCool
I have been offered a position in Riyadh for 3 years via one of our group companies through our Saudi company.
Can anyone please advise what type of Visa I need to apply for in the UK for Saudi as I see the Work visa only lasts for 3 months?
Thanks
Since it's some kind of internal move [almost] I would push the Saudi Company and/or the group to organise the medicals and visa for you anyway - the Saudi lot well need to do a bit of paperwork anyway to request the visa.
Old Oct 19th 2011, 8:56 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by hoofie2002
Since it's some kind of internal move [almost] I would push the Saudi Company and/or the group to organise the medicals and visa for you anyway - the Saudi lot well need to do a bit of paperwork anyway to request the visa.
Thanks Hoofie for your reply. Sometimes it is easier and quicker to do it yourself but you are correct.