Job offer doha

Old Jan 12th 2021, 1:43 am
Just Joined

Tiwaline is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Job offer doha

Hi Folks,

I got an offer job in Qatar w/ a salary 26400 QAR + full furnished accommodation (2 beds, elect....) + medical insu+ fly ticket.
I m married without kids yet . Spouse can work
Plz any point of view : ok? good? low

thanks
Old Jan 12th 2021, 7:18 am
Forum Regular

psychopomp1 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Job offer doha

That's not a bad offer, since accommodation is aready included.

But just to make you aware, Qatar immigration authorities aren't issuing (m)any work visas at present, myself and a few others have been waiting since August 2020 for a Qatar work visa!! So you could be waiting for a while to start your job. If you already have a job, I wouldn't quit until you receive your Qatar work visa.
Old Jan 12th 2021, 8:34 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by psychopomp1
That's not a bad offer, since accommodation is aready included.

But just to make you aware, Qatar immigration authorities aren't issuing (m)any work visas at present, myself and a few others have been waiting since August 2020 for a Qatar work visa!! So you could be waiting for a while to start your job. If you already have a job, I wouldn't quit until you receive your Qatar work visa.
Hi there ,
thanks for your replay.
I will wait for work visa to cancider next step , even though, they told me work visa w/ 1 to 2 months.
Since , no idea about the offer and cost of living, I want some advices befor leaving.
Old Jan 12th 2021, 5:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute

I'd ask where the accommodation is. QOL in Doha really can be variable and a big part of it is where you live.

Other than that, 26500 with accom provided is a good offer. I'd assume the accom includes all the bills. But verify.

A couple can live decently on 6500 and bank 20,000 every month. Or spend more. Up to you. If wife gets a job making even only 10k, you'll be doing well. Doha does offer the opportunity to be extravagant and spend every penny, or frugal and save quite a bit. I was banking 30k a month, which will probably never happen to me again. Sigh.

And, yes, don't resign until work visa is in hand.
Old Jan 12th 2021, 5:24 pm
Just Joined

Thanks guys it 's so helpful.
Yes , accommodation includes all bills , it's close to Sidra village.
waiting for visa....
Old Jan 14th 2021, 4:37 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by DXBtoDOH
I'd ask where the accommodation is. QOL in Doha really can be variable and a big part of it is where you live.

Other than that, 26500 with accom provided is a good offer. I'd assume the accom includes all the bills. But verify.

A couple can live decently on 6500 and bank 20,000 every month. Or spend more. Up to you. If wife gets a job making even only 10k, you'll be doing well. Doha does offer the opportunity to be extravagant and spend every penny, or frugal and save quite a bit. I was banking 30k a month, which will probably never happen to me again. Sigh.

And, yes, don't resign until work visa is in hand.
Yeah, women can only earn 10k. ****ing plebs.
Old Jan 14th 2021, 12:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
Yeah, women can only earn 10k. ****ing plebs.
Could be worse. I've heard of trailing spouses going as low as 5k just for something to do.

OP should be aware that in a limited job market beggars can't be choosers. Depends on his wife's quals and the demand for it. I can't imagine Qatar's economy is robust at the moment.
Old Jan 14th 2021, 1:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

Important to have a job. My wife was going crackers when we were in The Middle East. Getting a job at Scuola Italiana di Gedda saved her sanity - and helped with her Italian language skills.

Last edited by scot47; Jan 14th 2021 at 1:39 pm.
Old Jan 16th 2021, 1:33 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by DXBtoDOH
Could be worse. I've heard of trailing spouses going as low as 5k just for something to do.

OP should be aware that in a limited job market beggars can't be choosers. Depends on his wife's quals and the demand for it. I can't imagine Qatar's economy is robust at the moment.
I just think the point was framed badly. It's maybe better to ask what the spouse does rather than just assume they're going to earn buttons because they've got no employable skills of value.
Old Jan 17th 2021, 9:32 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Scamp
I just think the point was framed badly. It's maybe better to ask what the spouse does rather than just assume they're going to earn buttons because they've got no employable skills of value.
Hi there,
My wife is working as a financial analyst with a good experience. As others spouses, she is evaluating her chance to get a job there in the banking systeme .
Any ideas are welcome !
Old Jan 18th 2021, 4:50 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Tiwaline
Hi there,
My wife is working as a financial analyst with a good experience. As others spouses, she is evaluating her chance to get a job there in the banking systeme .
Any ideas are welcome !
Oh that's great - I can't advise as it isn't in a sector I really know a great deal about to be honest, someone else will perhaps.
Job hunting though - to get a feel, use Gulf Talent and Linkedin, they're probably the two most popular.