British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   Job Offer at Dammam Airport - Best Place to Live (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/job-offer-dammam-airport-best-place-live-871542/)

smilingcamel Jan 29th 2016 10:00 pm

Job Offer at Dammam Airport - Best Place to Live

I have just been offered a position at Dammam airport. Can anyone recommend any furnished/serviced apartments that are ok and are an easy commute. Not bothered about being on a compound. Only need a one bedroom as family not accompanying. Is it best to live in Dammam or Al Khobar? or?

Any estimated cost per month would be useful.

I have worked in Riyadh before but Dammam is new territory for me. There were plenty of service apartments in Riyadh so I am assuming the same for Dammam?

I still have a KSA driving license that has not expired. (2019). Is that still valid or will I have to get a new one because employer will be different?

Any feedback appreciated.

nonthaburi Jan 30th 2016 4:57 pm

Re: Job Offer at Dammam Airport - Best Place to Live

Originally Posted by smilingcamel (Post 11853322)
I have just been offered a position at Dammam airport. Can anyone recommend any furnished/serviced apartments that are ok and are an easy commute. Not bothered about being on a compound. Only need a one bedroom as family not accompanying. Is it best to live in Dammam or Al Khobar? or?

Any estimated cost per month would be useful.

I have worked in Riyadh before but Dammam is new territory for me. There were plenty of service apartments in Riyadh so I am assuming the same for Dammam?

I still have a KSA driving license that has not expired. (2019). Is that still valid or will I have to get a new one because employer will be different?

Any feedback appreciated.

You'll have to get a new license because the number on the license must match the number on your ID. It's fairly straightforward to get a new one. You pay a fee online, and then go to the office and present your old license. Five minutes later you should have the new one.

smilingcamel Jan 30th 2016 7:33 pm

Originally Posted by nonthaburi (Post 11853842)
You'll have to get a new license because the number on the license must match the number on your ID. It's fairly straightforward to get a new one. You pay a fee online, and then go to the office and present your old license. Five minutes later you should have the new one.

Thanks nonthaburi...appreciated.

sicklyman Jan 31st 2016 7:40 am

Originally Posted by nonthaburi (Post 11853842)
You pay a fee online, and then go to the office and present your old license. Five minutes later you should have the new one.

I had to take an eye test. my employer did the rest. had my license in a couple of days.

scot47 Jan 31st 2016 7:54 am

There are lots of new builds on the airport road.