British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   Job offer at BAe Systems Riyadh (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/job-offer-bae-systems-riyadh-918951/)

Movingmaybe Nov 3rd 2018 12:23 pm

Job offer at BAe Systems Riyadh

Hello all,

My husband has been offered a job in Riyadh with BAe system(SMSCMC). I just wanted to know what the current political environment is like for expats/ foreigners. We are wondering whether we should hold it off for now.
Is anyone at risk of job cut?
Also, what does the marriage scheme at BAe include?
Would really appreciate if I could get a reply.

Thank you.

scot47 Nov 3rd 2018 1:32 pm

Re: Job offer at BAe Systems Riyadh

Check that you can join him. Cutbacks mean that more emphasis is given to single-status contracts.

Movingmaybe Nov 3rd 2018 1:58 pm

Originally Posted by scot47 (Post 12587278)
Check that you can join him. Cutbacks mean that more emphasis is given to single-status contracts.

Thank you for the reply, yes we will be joining him once he is over there and applies for marriage scheme. Do you know what is included within it? Also are you are of any cutbacks at BAe systems or subsidiary companies .
kind regards

scot47 Nov 3rd 2018 4:13 pm

I left KSA some time ago and did not work for BAE Wait for someone with insider info, Ask the poster known as "Sickjlyman".

sicklyman Nov 4th 2018 8:24 am

Sickjlyman is my Scandinavian cousin. He's away at the moment. In the meantime, if you PM me your contact details, I can put you in touch with someone who is in the marriage scheme but located in Eastern Province rather than Riyadh. Should be the same package I'd imagine though.

nonthaburi Nov 4th 2018 9:21 am

The BAE compound in Riyadh is lovely. A little out of the way but very nice all the same.

Movingmaybe Nov 4th 2018 9:29 am

Originally Posted by nonthaburi (Post 12587635)
The BAE compound in Riyadh is lovely. A little out of the way but very nice all the same.

Thank you. That’s good to know. Do you live there ?

Movingmaybe Nov 4th 2018 9:30 am

Originally Posted by scot47 (Post 12587350)
I left KSA some time ago and did not work for BAE Wait for someone with insider info, Ask the poster known as "Sickjlyman".

thank you.

Movingmaybe Nov 4th 2018 9:33 am

Originally Posted by sicklyman (Post 12587611)
Sickjlyman is my Scandinavian cousin. He's away at the moment. In the meantime, if you PM me your contact details, I can put you in touch with someone who is in the marriage scheme but located in Eastern Province rather than Riyadh. Should be the same package I'd imagine though.

thank you. I have just PM you.

nonthaburi Nov 4th 2018 10:22 am

Originally Posted by Movingmaybe (Post 12587637)

Thank you. That’s good to know. Do you live there ?

No, we were just visiting a friend of my wife. They had their own houseboy, solely for their use, provided for by the company.

You won't find that in many places.

scot47 Nov 4th 2018 2:33 pm

Having servants requires a psychological adjustment. Once you have achieved that, life is never the same ! Then one day you have to come back.

nonthaburi Nov 4th 2018 6:31 pm

Originally Posted by scot47 (Post 12587774)
Getting married requires a psychological adjustment. Once you have achieved that, life is never the same ! Then one day you have to come back.

FTFY...

nottmbantam Nov 7th 2018 5:13 am

I used to work for BAE, if you need any info , let me know. It might be a little out of date though, I left them five years ago.

Jammy_Dodgers Nov 8th 2018 12:22 pm

I did some work for BAE in Riyadh about 3 years ago, although i was working through ISE on a contract.
Compound is nice, they do some decent events and the home brew is better than most.

weasel decentral Nov 9th 2018 2:07 am

Originally Posted by Jammy_Dodgers (Post 12590234)
I did some work for BAE in Riyadh about 3 years ago, although i was working through ISE on a contract.
Compound is nice, they do some decent events and the home brew is better than most.

I'll second that, the compound is nice though though the entry/exit security is a ballache. They had a decent bar, plus used to serve home brew mixed with actual cans of beer (such luxury in Saudi)