Reload this Page >

Job Offer in Abu Dhabi

Job Offer in Abu Dhabi

Old Aug 27th 2010, 5:15 am
Just Joined

bobcat1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Job Offer in Abu Dhabi

Dear All

I was wondering if you could help me. I 'blindly' applied to a recruitment agent in the ME for any work and he replied by informing me that he had forwarded my cv to the Abu Dhabi National Oil Company who were looking for "Front Desk Officers,Engineers,Secretary, & Marketing/Sales Officers"

I have now received an email from the company informing me that I have been shorlisted for the position (what position???) and that the monthly salary was AED 20,000 and that if I wanted to proceed to the interview stage I would need to travel to Abu Dhabi mid Sept for a two week selection process.

I also need to forward to the personnel manager a copy of my passport, details of my residence in UAE, proof of UAE bank account and medicial certificate; and if I did not have any of these, I should inform the personnel manager who will be able to assist

I was just wondering if any of this sounds suspicious? What has raised my suspicion is that the personnel manager's name is spelt 'Sheik'- surely it should be ' Sheikh'? Also I have asked for a job description but have not been provided one- only been told to attend.

I am not in the UAE at the moment.
Old Aug 27th 2010, 10:36 am
Just Joined

expo09 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Job Offer in Abu Dhabi

It sounds a little suspicious. And it's very strange that you haven't been given a job description. I would want to talk to someone directly over the phone before you go.
Old Aug 27th 2010, 11:17 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

usually you need to have a residence visa to have a UAE bank account?

sounds a little dodgy.

did they provide any phone numbers?
Old Aug 27th 2010, 12:02 pm
Just Joined

screeeeeem is just really nicescreeeeeem is just really nicescreeeeeem is just really nicescreeeeeem is just really nicescreeeeeem is just really nicescreeeeeem is just really nicescreeeeeem is just really nicescreeeeeem is just really nice

sounds interesting but if its sheikh i doubt that the salary will be 20k , it must be 40-60k
one of my friends is working already with a sheikh and he is gaining 55k per month
Old Aug 27th 2010, 12:41 pm
Banned

twisty100 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by bobcat1
Dear All

I was wondering if you could help me. I 'blindly' applied to a recruitment agent in the ME for any work and he replied by informing me that he had forwarded my cv to the Abu Dhabi National Oil Company who were looking for "Front Desk Officers,Engineers,Secretary, & Marketing/Sales Officers"

I have now received an email from the company informing me that I have been shorlisted for the position (what position???) and that the monthly salary was AED 20,000 and that if I wanted to proceed to the interview stage I would need to travel to Abu Dhabi mid Sept for a two week selection process.

I also need to forward to the personnel manager a copy of my passport, details of my residence in UAE, proof of UAE bank account and medicial certificate; and if I did not have any of these, I should inform the personnel manager who will be able to assist

I was just wondering if any of this sounds suspicious? What has raised my suspicion is that the personnel manager's name is spelt 'Sheik'- surely it should be ' Sheikh'? Also I have asked for a job description but have not been provided one- only been told to attend.

I am not in the UAE at the moment.
Down, down, down, down...

How low nobody knows, but definitely down, down, down, down...