job offer

Old Jan 5th 2009, 7:11 pm
Just Joined

waggy660 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default job offer

ive just seen an agency offering work in abu dhabi at 15-20euros, 10-12 hrs, day and nite shifts, 6 out of 7 days apartment 2 to 4 share , how does this stack up against most jobs out there?? its crane operating<construction>, i havent a clue about the place or what its like to be there???, any veiws taken greatly,
Old Jan 6th 2009, 3:28 am
BE Enthusiast

hawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to all
Default Re: job offer

20 Euros a day = 18.50 pounds at the moment. That's 111 pounds a week and 5772 pounds a year. Doesn't sound like a great salary to me and I wouldn't fancy working 12 hour shifts for 6 days a week either.....
Old Jan 6th 2009, 3:34 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by waggy660
ive just seen an agency offering work in abu dhabi at 15-20euros, 10-12 hrs, day and nite shifts, 6 out of 7 days apartment 2 to 4 share , how does this stack up against most jobs out there?? its crane operating<construction>, i havent a clue about the place or what its like to be there???, any veiws taken greatly,

www.helpinghandsuae.com

this is where you will end up
Old Jan 6th 2009, 3:38 am
BE Enthusiast

hawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to all

Sorry to threadjack, but for any of you in AD interested in Helping Hands PM me and I'll give you the mobile number of the woman organising stuff here.
Old Jan 6th 2009, 3:58 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hawkhead
20 Euros a day = 18.50 pounds at the moment. That's 111 pounds a week and 5772 pounds a year. Doesn't sound like a great salary to me and I wouldn't fancy working 12 hour shifts for 6 days a week either.....
surely it means 15-20 euros per hour?
Old Jan 6th 2009, 4:02 am
BE Enthusiast

No offence to Waggy but I can't see a crane operator getting paid 20 Euros an hour here.
Old Jan 6th 2009, 4:08 am
BE Forum Addict

al dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to threadjack, but for any of you in AD interested in Helping Hands PM me and I'll give you the mobile number of the woman organising stuff here.
Err that's me or my mate Kylie! Who you??? x
Old Jan 6th 2009, 4:09 am
BE Enthusiast

I'll PM you!!
Old Jan 6th 2009, 4:15 am
BE Forum Addict

al dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond repute

I'll PM you!!
Tis but a small world! xxxxxxxxx
Old Jan 6th 2009, 11:05 am
Just Joined

waggy660 is an unknown quantity at this point

the advert said 15 to 20 euros an hr for 10 to 12 hrs a day, i have emailed them to get more info but it could be an employment agency scam to get people on their books??, otherwise if you work it out it sounds ok to me <wages and accomadation>
Old Jan 6th 2009, 5:23 pm
Once a blue Always a blue

Tiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by waggy660
the advert said 15 to 20 euros an hr for 10 to 12 hrs a day, i have emailed them to get more info but it could be an employment agency scam to get people on their books??, otherwise if you work it out it sounds ok to me <wages and accomadation>
erm... Double check the accomadation part, most of the people who go there fall to a slavery scam. Working in Oil n Gas buisness I've seen alot of poor people been scammed by recruiting agencies and unlike europe you have nothing to protect you, they can hold your passport and make you pay certain things which are supposed to be free, such as coverall, helmet and safety shoes. I wouldn't trust that adv. one single bit.
Sorry for sounding negative but thats the truth..
Old Jan 7th 2009, 2:48 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

i know for a fact (as i have a mate in Scotland who does this for a living) that crane operators in the UK get a bloody good wage.

Unfortunately i think the o/p thinks that he will command the same salary here.

And in the uk, half the cranes you see scattered around the various sites would prob fail a safety inspection..

I was unofficially asked a few years ago at a company that will remain nameless, to wire up the safety limit switches to an ALIMAK crane

When i refused and told them to get the correct authorized vendor, i was laughed and informed that it costs too much money to re-cert...'go on just do it, itll be ok'

Obviously i didnt and told my guys to leave it well alone, but my point being this is prob a common occurrence in the ME.
Old Jan 7th 2009, 3:45 am
BE Enthusiast

the advert said 15 to 20 euros an hr
I would check this out REALLY carefully. I may well be wrong as I know FA about construction but I do have a really hard time believing anyone would get paid that on a construction site here.
Old Jan 7th 2009, 3:56 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

I would check this out REALLY carefully. I may well be wrong as I know FA about construction but I do have a really hard time believing anyone would get paid that on a construction site here.

im sure managers get paid a hell of a lot more, but yes as he has been offered a 'crane operator' job. ill cut my stbd bollock off with a rusty knife if he is getting that salary..

sounds like a scam to get him on the agencies books...
Old Jan 7th 2009, 8:41 am

still.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by commander
im sure managers get paid a hell of a lot more, but yes as he has been offered a 'crane operator' job. ill cut my stbd bollock off with a rusty knife if he is getting that salary..

sounds like a scam to get him on the agencies books...
could it have been AED not EUR?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.