Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

IT job market in the Middle East

IT job market in the Middle East

Old Mar 7th 2005, 2:08 pm
Just Joined

johnyzee has a spectacular aura aboutjohnyzee has a spectacular aura aboutjohnyzee has a spectacular aura about
Default IT job market in the Middle East

How is the IT job market in Dubai/UAE region? I am 28, a BA in computer science with a very good GPA and have three years of experience as a software developer from two of the biggest IT houses. Aside from project experience and loads of technical knowledge within my field I also have numerous certifications for the technologies I work with. My spoken and written English is excellent and I am a presentable and cooperative person.

Are all the IT jobs filled by Indians who I will not be able to compete with salary-wise? Or are there jobs for Westerners with the kind of salary we are used to in our countries?

Also, would you recommend going through employment agencies or applying directly to prospective companies?
Old Mar 7th 2005, 7:25 pm
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: IT job market in the Middle East

Originally Posted by johnyzee
How is the IT job market in Dubai/UAE region? I am 28, a BA in computer science with a very good GPA and have three years of experience as a software developer from two of the biggest IT houses. Aside from project experience and loads of technical knowledge within my field I also have numerous certifications for the technologies I work with. My spoken and written English is excellent and I am a presentable and cooperative person.

Are all the IT jobs filled by Indians who I will not be able to compete with salary-wise? Or are there jobs for Westerners with the kind of salary we are used to in our countries?

Also, would you recommend going through employment agencies or applying directly to prospective companies?
both ways of applying are good, but the main thing is to arrange meetings and then be there in person.

refer to the FAQ's for further info.
Old Mar 9th 2005, 11:03 am
Just Joined

blinkers is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: IT job market in the Middle East

Originally Posted by Face81
both ways of applying are good, but the main thing is to arrange meetings and then be there in person.

refer to the FAQ's for further info.
Hi,

I will be arriving in Dubai in April and will be trying to meet as many people as possible to learn more about the IT industry in Dubai. Currently working in offshore finance as a systems analyst / project manager...

Any advice would be great on where to go / which recruitment companies to meet / I will be staying in the Deira district.

Read so much about Dubai recently and looking forward to seeing the reality now.

regards

Blinkers
Old Mar 9th 2005, 11:12 am
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: IT job market in the Middle East

Originally Posted by blinkers
Hi,

I will be arriving in Dubai in April and will be trying to meet as many people as possible to learn more about the IT industry in Dubai. Currently working in offshore finance as a systems analyst / project manager...

Any advice would be great on where to go / which recruitment companies to meet / I will be staying in the Deira district.

Read so much about Dubai recently and looking forward to seeing the reality now.

regards

Blinkers
hello blinkers. welcome to the forum.

Wud be best to set up meetings and appointments with recruitment agencies and potential companies and then head out to see them. A good place to start wud be the FAQ threads. Also, check out the dubai internet city website, whose link is posted in the FAQ's as well.

enjoy the site and let us know if u have any other q's!