Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

job apportunity in dubai help plzz.

job apportunity in dubai help plzz.

Old Jun 28th 2011, 4:08 pm
Just Joined

hmuzz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default job apportunity in dubai help plzz.

Hi I m british pakistani lives in London we are family of 4 husband wife n two kids one is 3 and other is 1 my husband works in credit card terminals company he is a software eng got a job offer from dubai company for the role of project manager .. he has 15years exp in his feild we are confused with the offer it does'nt seem too good . His pakage details r below
my son is just 3 so we r thinking not to enrol him to school for a year .. if both kids dont go to school we only will have to pay rent(average 2 bd appt) which could be 60,000AED yearly is this salery good enough to live comfortable n save some money ..?

75k USD Yearly which makes 23500 AED monthly
full family medical
air ticket to back home once a year just for family
relocation allownce
no accomodation
no school fee allowenc
waiting for helpfulladvices many thanks.
Old Jun 28th 2011, 5:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: job apportunity in dubai help plzz.

Hi Hmuzz.
I wouldn't touch that! You are not going to be able to live on it. 23,000 a month and no school fees etc I think you will struggle to be honest.
There are a lot of hidden costs here from 5% agency fees..rent cheques up front + deposit. DEWA deposit, housing fee which is 5% of your rental.

Add to that your setting up costs for an apartment, car and various other costs I think you will really struggle and then you will have future school fees to pay.
Sorry but unless you can negotiate house fee/school fees you would be mad to take it.
edit to add..I didn't see the dupliicate thread re this..

Last edited by Patsy Stoned; Jun 28th 2011 at 5:19 pm.
Old Jun 28th 2011, 5:57 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned
Hi Hmuzz.
I wouldn't touch that! You are not going to be able to live on it. 23,000 a month and no school fees etc I think you will struggle to be honest.
There are a lot of hidden costs here from 5% agency fees..rent cheques up front + deposit. DEWA deposit, housing fee which is 5% of your rental.

Add to that your setting up costs for an apartment, car and various other costs I think you will really struggle and then you will have future school fees to pay.
Sorry but unless you can negotiate house fee/school fees you would be mad to take it.
edit to add..I didn't see the dupliicate thread re this..
thanks Patsy Stoned;9462886 ur answer is v helpful .. but the thing is we ;live in london but still v down to earth ppl not do eating out much or anything extra what i was thinking if we live at cheaper place in 2 bd appt and live a simple life like here in uk so may be it ll help us in saving money ... thing is my husband will get a project managar title in his cv if he works for 2 yrs for this company which is v benificial in future one more thing compoany will pay the house rent in full and they will detect it from salery monthly do u think its a better approch to get this job(by living simple life style we dont booze n v lil eating out once a month~)
Old Jun 28th 2011, 6:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hmuzz
thanks Patsy Stoned;9462886 ur answer is v helpful .. but the thing is we ;live in london but still v down to earth ppl not do eating out much or anything extra what i was thinking if we live at cheaper place in 2 bd appt and live a simple life like here in uk so may be it ll help us in saving money ... thing is my husband will get a project managar title in his cv if he works for 2 yrs for this company which is v benificial in future one more thing compoany will pay the house rent in full and they will detect it from salery monthly do u think its a better approch to get this job(by living simple life style we dont booze n v lil eating out once a month~)
Be careful where you pick to live. Places that may sound nice that are also cheap may not be ideal.
International City has become a "workers" area it is not really suitable for families any more. Will the company allow you to come out 1st to have a look see? Will they put you in temp accomodation for a couple of months until you get your bearings?
What time of the year are you coming? Will you want to enroll your eldest in an English type school.
Please research very carefully..I would hate to see you come over with your family and it goes pearshaped!
Also ..if the company say they will pay the rent and deduct it remember that if they sack your husband they will expect the outstanding rent back!!!!
Good luck!!
xx
Old Jun 28th 2011, 6:46 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned
Be careful where you pick to live. Places that may sound nice that are also cheap may not be ideal.
International City has become a "workers" area it is not really suitable for families any more. Will the company allow you to come out 1st to have a look see? Will they put you in temp accomodation for a couple of months until you get your bearings?
What time of the year are you coming? Will you want to enroll your eldest in an English type school.
Please research very carefully..I would hate to see you come over with your family and it goes pearshaped!
Also ..if the company say they will pay the rent and deduct it remember that if they sack your husband they will expect the outstanding rent back!!!!
Good luck!!
xx
Patsy Stoned : if my husband accept the offer it will start from 1st of september..yes he has seen the area and company will pay for 1 month in hotel appartment until he finds a house or appt . my son is 3yrs 4 months so i was thinking to do home schooling for a year just to save some money and enrol him for next yr i dont know when enrolment start in dubai and i was also thinking for first year of his education i ll send him to normal cheap school like any pakistani or indian school (just for a year ) and when he will be 5 it will be 2 years in the company and my husband can easily change his job to other company or we can come back to uk even with project managar title on his cv..
Old Jun 28th 2011, 6:57 pm
Forum Regular

sherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud of

Patsy has given you a first-rate advice. You would be making a huge mistake coming here. We are also a family of 4, I earn around **k AED and only save something like £2.3k pcm– don’t know the exact figure, it may be +or-, as my wife has changed bank passwords/pin and I get petty cash for my expenses Anyway, the point is that you will really struggle here on that salary.

Last edited by sherri; Jun 28th 2011 at 7:33 pm.
Old Jun 28th 2011, 7:02 pm
Forum Regular

sherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud of

Patsy Stoned : if my husband accept the offer it will start from 1st of september..yes he has seen the area and company will pay for 1 month in hotel appartment until he finds a house or appt . my son is 3yrs 4 months so i was thinking to do home schooling for a year just to save some money and enrol him for next yr i dont know when enrolment start in dubai and i was also thinking for first year of his education i ll send him to normal cheap school like any pakistani or indian school (just for a year ) and when he will be 5 it will be 2 years in the company and my husband can easily change his job to other company or we can come back to uk even with project managar title on his cv..
I've changed my mind now. I think you'll probably survive here. All the best
Old Jun 28th 2011, 7:05 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by sherri
I've changed my mind now. I think you'll probably survive here. All the best
sherri: why did u change ur mind ??
Old Jun 28th 2011, 7:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Darling, I am no help at all re schooling or the costs of same I am sure some of the other girls will come on and help you with that side of things.
Anyway, I hope it all goes well for you..sometimes you just have to grab it and run with it..nothing to lose and everything to gain if you are careful
Old Jun 29th 2011, 5:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Mogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to all

Schooling...costs (Primary UK Curriculum) :

Cheapest (I think) Wellington near Ibn Buttuta mall (Jebel Ali) approx AED 4k per term per child

"Premium" e.g. Kings Dubai (Umm Suqeim), AED 12k per child per term.

The rest are within these bands although most good ones will be a lot closer to 12k per term rather than 4k.
Old Jun 29th 2011, 10:52 am
Just Joined

Donutty will become famous soon enough

School fees are spelt out here, very helpful site overall
http://www.expatwoman.com/dubai/mont...fees_6135.aspx
you will find some answers to your questions. I think home schooling is not a bad idea if you can do it.