British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   JLT??? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/jlt-645160/)

Bigtaff Dec 17th 2009 4:40 am

JLT???

Does anyone live in either the Goldcrest executive block in JLT or somewhere near? Looking to make friends as currently I'm all alone here :(

Blue Cat Dec 17th 2009 11:17 am

Re: JLT???

Originally Posted by Bigtaff (Post 8178985)
Does anyone live in either the Goldcrest executive block in JLT or somewhere near? Looking to make friends as currently I'm all alone here :(

my hairdresser has a salon in Indigo Tower :p

Timmy Molloy - London Boy Dec 19th 2009 9:35 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 8179734)

that's like a really weird reply

rowell Dec 20th 2009 6:00 am

Originally Posted by Timmy Molloy - London Boy (Post 8185111)
that's like a really weird reply

Maybe the hairdresser is also a alone:D

Bigtaff Dec 20th 2009 8:50 am

If I had hair I would go introduce myself but even Kojak pines for hair as short as mine :)

mission Dec 21st 2009 10:09 am

mate i use to live in Saba 2 and am now in Lake View Tower on the other side of JLT.

If you wanna meet up for a drink give us a shout.

mission Dec 21st 2009 10:11 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 8179734)

Blue i've used that hair dresser - he doesnt speak much does he lol also it cracked me up when he sits you infront of the huge framed mirror, i was like WTF :rofl:

Blue Cat Dec 21st 2009 11:03 am

Originally Posted by mission (Post 8188894)
Blue i've used that hair dresser - he doesnt speak much does he lol also it cracked me up when he sits you infront of the huge framed mirror, i was like WTF :rofl:

the magic mirror!! I love it :p

Bigtaff Dec 22nd 2009 5:57 am

Mission, a drink sounds great! Im going to venture out new years eve I think, to Barasti bar. It comes highly recommended!!

Timmy Molloy - London Boy Dec 22nd 2009 7:25 am

Originally Posted by Bigtaff (Post 8190907)
Mission, a drink sounds great! Im going to venture out new years eve I think, to Barasti bar. It comes highly recommended!!

lol

mission Dec 22nd 2009 9:36 am

TAFF barasti is full of frigging p*sshead brits lol i try and stay away from that joint.

If you fancy going to say either The View bar (in the emirates tower) or say the garden roof top bar at the shangri-la or infact any other bar other than barasti, gives us a shout.:p

For new years eve am hoping to go see Rihanna in AD.

Roadking Dec 22nd 2009 5:16 pm

Jeez man, Barasti and Spice Island; you need to get out more. ;)

Do you wear football shirts when you go for a beer?

Madam Medusa Dec 23rd 2009 3:55 am

Originally Posted by mission (Post 8191166)
TAFF barasti is full of frigging p*sshead brits lol i try and stay away from that joint.

If you fancy going to say either The View bar (in the emirates tower) or say the garden roof top bar at the shangri-la or infact any other bar other than barasti, gives us a shout.:p

For new years eve am hoping to go see Rihanna in AD.

oh yeah, cos vu bar is so good and defo not full of hookers...and i-kandy is just soooo busy...

MM, xx

commander Dec 23rd 2009 9:19 am

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa (Post 8192971)
oh yeah, cos vu bar is so good and defo not full of hookers...and i-kandy is just soooo busy...

MM, xx

regardless, Barastis is an absolute shitfest..

Bigtaff Dec 24th 2009 4:10 am

No, I do not wear football shirts - at any point in fact! Although I do wear Rugby shirts casually but not whilst out drinking (unless Wales are playing and I'm watching it in the pub)!

I'm new to Dubai so yes, do need to get out more. I just want a reasonably priced beer and somewhere to sit and talk to meet and get to know people. I don't really want somewhere playing piano music over the sound system and over priced beer because its the "cool place to be".

Any suggestions will be happily accepted of course!! Unfortunately I have only what people tell me to go on currently. I haven't been to Barasti so wouldn't know if its good or not, same re spice island and until now I have only heard good things. I guess for you to know its crap means you have been there at least once yourself. Either that or you are going on what people say, just like me.

Cheers for the input and will let you know my findings as it seems everywhere, including spice island, is fully booked for Xmas dinner but they have fitted me in so I'm glad I've got somewhere to go at least :)