Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Jet skis banned from Abu Dhabi beaches

Jet skis banned from Abu Dhabi beaches

Old Jul 31st 2013, 9:43 am
BE Forum Addict

csdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond repute
Default Jet skis banned from Abu Dhabi beaches

Awesome: http://www.thenational.ae/news/uae-n...dhabi-corniche

Let's hope this isn't one of those rules they rescind after two weeks.
Old Jul 31st 2013, 10:01 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Jet skis banned from Abu Dhabi beaches

Good.

Horrible noisy things. Hope they get banned in Dubai too.
Old Aug 4th 2013, 5:49 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

This is a good thing given most of the people who use them don't seem to understand that piloting the skis at high speed near boats isn't welcome. The number of times I've been out and a couple of twats decide to whiz up really close and shake the boat with their wake is stupefying...they drive jet skis like they drive cars.

Hope it stays in place. They can have a designated area for jet skis somewhere else so swimmers and boaters can be left in peace.

N.
Old Aug 4th 2013, 6:17 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

I love jet skis they're great fun! I also love power boats (was on one all weekend) and I also sailed (raced for 4 seasons) and I love that too.

The problem is, when you are on a sailing boat you hate power boats and jet skis, then when you are on a power boat, you just hate jet skis.

So all in all everyone hates jet skis when you're on something else, however they're good fun and if ridden with a bit of common sense and respect there should be no problem. The issue is that its young Arabs generally who ride them and similar to how they are on the road they ride them using no common sense and no respect.
Old Aug 4th 2013, 6:37 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jam25mack
I love jet skis they're great fun! I also love power boats (was on one all weekend) and I also sailed (raced for 4 seasons) and I love that too.

The problem is, when you are on a sailing boat you hate power boats and jet skis, then when you are on a power boat, you just hate jet skis.

So all in all everyone hates jet skis when you're on something else, however they're good fun and if ridden with a bit of common sense and respect there should be no problem. The issue is that its young Arabs generally who ride them and similar to how they are on the road they ride them using no common sense and no respect.

Jetskis are noise pollution and used by idiots. I feel much the same about power boats.

Norm suggests a designated area for them. I suggest this should be in the middle of a Pacific Ocean.
Old Aug 4th 2013, 8:18 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow
Jetskis are noise pollution and used by idiots. I feel much the same about power boats.

Norm suggests a designated area for them. I suggest this should be in the middle of a Pacific Ocean.
Just because your not a fan doesn't mean they should be banned! Have you ever even been on one? You never know, you may even enjoy yourself. They're great fun and if that makes me an idiot then so be it.

Also, they're no more noise pollution than circuit based motor sport.

I myself am not a fan of....... people who have loud badly behaved kids / walk aimlessly at 0.5 mph, 2-3 abreast along pavements / through malls etc. These bafoons should be banned and then shot then banned and shot again!

Each to their own eh...
Old Aug 4th 2013, 8:39 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Just because your not a fan doesn't mean they should be banned! Have you ever even been on one? You never know, you may even enjoy yourself. They're great fun and if that makes me an idiot then so be it.

I myself am not a fan of....... people who have loud badly behaved kids / walk aimlessly at 0.5 mph, 2-3 abreast along pavements / through malls etc. These bafoons should be banned and then shot then banned and shot again!

Each to their own eh...
I suggested designated areas - if people want to jet ski they can do so and not bother others. Really rather simple. It doesn't matter if I think jet skis are good, bad or used by idiots...like most things in life if there is no impact on others it's not my business what people do recreationally.

N.
Old Aug 4th 2013, 9:03 am
BE Forum Addict

csdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond repute

Which is incredibly noisy, but at least confined to a single location. The problem with jet skis is that they're incredibly noisy, unconfined, and tend therefore to hang around areas where non jet ski users are seeking peace and quiet (i.e. beaches).
Old Aug 4th 2013, 9:23 am
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute

I like jet skis, well anything that can be raced with an engine. But there should be a facility, I am sure jet skiers would like clear open water for themselves without swimmers also. So it's win-win
Old Aug 4th 2013, 10:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Norm_uk
I suggested designated areas - if people want to jet ski they can do so and not bother others. Really rather simple. It doesn't matter if I think jet skis are good, bad or used by idiots...like most things in life if there is no impact on others it's not my business what people do recreationally.

N.
Agreed.

Originally Posted by csdf
Which is incredibly noisy, but at least confined to a single location. The problem with jet skis is that they're incredibly noisy, unconfined, and tend therefore to hang around areas where non jet ski users are seeking peace and quiet (i.e. beaches).
Agreed, on both your points and I agree with the idea of a jet ski area, however, that wasn't what I was arguing.

Originally Posted by weasel decentral
I like jet skis, well anything that can be raced with an engine.
You're exactly the same as me. Anything with a big engine and I am there! I love speed and power! Be it offroading, rallying, sports bikes, power boats etc etc etc.

Only Friday I was hammering along past The Palm at 50mph on a sweet little boat with an inboard 5.0 V8.... agggggh! Planing like a peach!
Old Aug 4th 2013, 11:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Agreed, on both your points and I agree with the idea of a jet ski area, however, that wasn't what I was arguing.
What were you arguing?
Old Aug 4th 2013, 2:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

I love jet skis. As soon as Mini can ride one, I'm buying two.
Old Aug 10th 2013, 11:51 am
Just Joined

bridger is an unknown quantity at this point

Maybe it is not just about noise (which is reasonable), environment safety is a possible reason in addition.
Old Aug 10th 2013, 11:51 am
Just Joined

bridger is an unknown quantity at this point

Or something else...
Old Aug 10th 2013, 12:10 pm
Bored liberal

Environmental safety?

You haven't been here long have you bridger?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.