Jeep Cherokee

Old Jul 20th 2008, 6:54 am
Forum Regular

andyjock will become famous soon enoughandyjock will become famous soon enough
Default Jeep Cherokee

Guys,

Anyone got a 2008 Jeep Cherokee? been thinking about buying one and can get a good deal including 3 years servicing at the moment just wondered what peoples views were on it i.e is it any good off road.

Cheers
Old Jul 20th 2008, 8:13 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Jeep Cherokee

Eeyore has one, he should be on line soon
Old Jul 20th 2008, 8:17 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

Best deal going right now is on a new Dodge Durango...

5.7 Hemi SLT, 8 seater with reversing camera and other little toys, all for under AED 105K...
Old Jul 20th 2008, 10:46 am
Soupy twist

Eeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond repute

We have a 2005, not a 2008

Haven't driven one of the new ones, but had a sit inside, and they definitely seem to have addressed the issues I've got with the old model. More toys, more room, more comfortable, better interior design. It's the same engine as the old models, though.

As for offroad ability, if you want something that will do a lot of the driving for you, go Japanese - you'll get computerised this and assisted that. The Cherokee can go where any other offroader can go, but like most Jeeps they're a bit more old-skool and you get less technological assistance.

What this means is that you need to have a better understanding of the principles of offroad driving to get the most out of it (which isn't a bad thing, obviously), whereas lots of the Japanese ones are just "point and go", and do a lot of your thinking for you. Naturally, all that extra technology makes them more expensive too, and the big advantage of American cars out here is that they're dirt-cheap. If you need the space, that Dodge Durango deal sounds stunningly good for a brand-new car.

Last edited by Eeyore; Jul 20th 2008 at 10:49 am.
Old Jul 20th 2008, 10:55 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Eeyore

Haven't driven one of the new ones, but had a sit inside, and they definitely seem to have addressed the issues I've got with the old model. More toys, more room, more comfortable, better interior design. It's the same engine as the old models, though.

As for offroad ability, if you want something that will do a lot of the driving for you, go Japanese - you'll get computerised this and assisted that. The Cherokee can go where any other offroader can go, but like most Jeeps they're a bit more old-skool and you get less technological assistance.

What this means is that you need to have a better understanding of the principles of offroad driving to get the most out of it (which isn't a bad thing, obviously), whereas lots of the Japanese ones are just "point and go", and do a lot of your thinking for you. Naturally, all that extra technology makes them more expensive too, and the big advantage of American cars out here is that they're dirt-cheap. If you need the space, that Dodge Durango deal sounds stunningly good for a brand-new car.
I think the Durango may be a touch on the big side for the mrs to drive but if that if the price mentioned for that is true then thats a great deal.

Think I can get the cherokee sport with 3 years servicing for 100k which seems pretty reasonable to me had a look at the Pajero as well but with the engine I want could probably only get the swb which will be tight for space

Few of the guys at work have got the Xterra which is great off road but is lacking in any toys really
Old Jul 20th 2008, 10:59 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by andyjock
I think the Durango may be a touch on the big side for the mrs to drive but if that if the price mentioned for that is true then thats a great deal.

Think I can get the cherokee sport with 3 years servicing for 100k which seems pretty reasonable to me had a look at the Pajero as well but with the engine I want could probably only get the swb which will be tight for space

Few of the guys at work have got the Xterra which is great off road but is lacking in any toys really
The price is true... I know coz Im looking at it on the order form for the missus' Durango....lol
Old Jul 20th 2008, 11:40 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

We bought a second hand Jeep Cherokee and have had no major problems.
Old Jul 20th 2008, 11:45 am
Powered by cows

Autonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Eeyore

Jeep Wrangler 4 door vs Cherokee Sport?
Old Jul 20th 2008, 1:05 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Autonomy
Jeep Wrangler 4 door vs Cherokee Sport?
The Cherokee comes with a few more creature comforts.
Old Jul 20th 2008, 1:09 pm