Jebel Ali Village

Old Sep 4th 2013, 2:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Brains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Jebel Ali Village

We had pretty much settled on moving to Al Furjan when we move to Dubai later this year, however after having one last look around, it turns out that Nakheel have finished refurbing the villas in Jebel Ali (not the JVC/JVT ones, the older ones near the school - I think). I can't find floor plans for them either online or via a request to Nakheel, and haven't actually seen them myself. I'll head for a look over the weekend anyway, but just wondered if any of you lot have seen them and have an opinion on them.

Location seems perfect as its very close to where I will be working, we plan putting my oldest to the school there, and starting at 125 for 3 bed villas and 135 for 4 beds, it seems a lot more cost effective than villas in the surrounding areas.

Anyone know that area?

Cheers,
Brian
Old Sep 5th 2013, 6:21 am
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Jebel Ali Village

I live in JVT but not certain exactly where you're refering to. Is it the alphabetically named roads around Jebel Ali Primary school? Or closer to Winchester School?
Old Sep 5th 2013, 6:54 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by mikewot
I live in JVT but not certain exactly where you're refering to. Is it the alphabetically named roads around Jebel Ali Primary school? Or closer to Winchester School?
They're the ones opposite Jebel Ali Club, I'd move there in an instant.
Old Sep 5th 2013, 7:06 am
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

Hhhhmmm, can't see anything for rent yet, just found this story http://www.thenational.ae/news/uae-n...el-ali-village
Old Sep 5th 2013, 9:32 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

The traffic at peak times can be hellish around there.
Old Sep 5th 2013, 9:37 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Meow
The traffic at peak times can be hellish around there.
But there is tremendous work being undertaken on the road infrastructure between Ibn Battuta and JLT/Jumeirah Park plus they're going to open the link from Disco Gardens through to the 311.
Old Sep 5th 2013, 10:01 am
BE Enthusiast

Maxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond repute

But there is tremendous work being undertaken on the road infrastructure between Ibn Battuta and JLT/Jumeirah Park plus they're going to open the link from Disco Gardens through to the 311.
when?

It was an obvious issue for 2+ years, and it is only last week that they announced that they will plan and build something; so it may take quite a bit of time
Old Sep 5th 2013, 10:12 am
Account Closed

Things appear to be pressing on (other than that 20 metre stretch to join Disco Gardens to 311)

The work currently undertaken in JLT is the last stage of a Dh450 million project carried out by the Road and Transport Authority (RTA), aimed at providing improved accessibility to the JLT community and surrounding communities such as Discovery Gardens, the Gardens and Jumeirah Islands.
Al Khail First Road will be extended to Sheikh Mohammad bin Zayed Road, Discovery Gardens, Ibn Batuta Mall and will include a link to JAFZA in the future, clarified the CEO of RTA's Transport and Road Authority (TRA) Maitha bin Ada in a statement to Emirates 24|7.
In addition, seven additional bridges are built and existing internal roads and exit roads from Sheikh Zayed Road are improved.

http://www.zawya.com/story/Dubai_com...0130904033504/
Old Sep 5th 2013, 10:17 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

The exit from SZR Southbound to Jebel Ali Village (not by Disco gardens) is a nightmare in the evenings. How would a link to the 311 help most people? If the villas are refurbished and people move back the traffic will be even worse.

From your post above I am not sure that you know quite where Jebel Ali Villas are. They are the other side of Ibn Battuta from JLT.

Last edited by Meow; Sep 5th 2013 at 10:20 am.
Old Sep 5th 2013, 10:35 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Meow
From your post above I am not sure that you know quite where Jebel Ali Villas are. They are the other side of Ibn Battuta from JLT.
Yup. But the roadworks I'm talking about are linking up JLT/Jumeirah Park/Jumeirah Islands to Ibn Battuta which allows you to completely avoid SZR if you wish. I currently use that back way to/from JVT but it is a building site, although they're tarmacing all the new roads.
You will easily be able to get through from 44 Al Khail or off the 311 through JVT onto the link to Ibn Battuta.
The link off of 311 into Disco Gardens will only serve to reduce the traffic even more.
Old Sep 5th 2013, 2:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Brains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond repute

I was under the impression it was the ones beside the JA Club and school, but heading down for a gander the morro anyway.
Old Sep 6th 2013, 4:18 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Maxima
when?

It was an obvious issue for 2+ years, and it is only last week that they announced that they will plan and build something; so it may take quite a bit of time
The road is actually under construction, I see it as I leave Disco every day.

Al Furjan is canny, do you mean the apartments or the new villas?
Old Sep 6th 2013, 9:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Spugsy
The road is actually under construction, I see it as I leave Disco every day.

Al Furjan is canny, do you mean the apartments or the new villas?
wife prefers a villa for the space & garden. I don't mind them, they aren't too dissimilar to the ones we are in at the moment. we'd probably prefer the green community / springs / ranches but they are a bit out of our price range...
Old Sep 14th 2013, 3:24 pm
Just Joined

BellaUK is an unknown quantity at this point

Old JAV villas have great plots, very spacious and the villas are a good layout, certain ones are better than others as some are the prefab types but they seem to have done a great refurb jobs on the ones I have seen. The only thing I would say is that these villas are OLD, and there was a lot of addition/extension work which tenants did themselves and there were concerns about asbestos when they were going to knock them down and I would really wonder whether they tackled this issue properly. The other thing to consider is that maintenance is the responsibility of the tenant (I believe).
Old Sep 14th 2013, 4:59 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Brains1983
wife prefers a villa for the space & garden. I don't mind them, they aren't too dissimilar to the ones we are in at the moment. we'd probably prefer the green community / springs / ranches but they are a bit out of our price range...
Yeah they look good, and pretty much brand new as well.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.