British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   the It's Raining, It's Pouring thread (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/its-raining-its-pouring-thread-506306/)

jvr20 Jan 15th 2008 5:13 am

the It's Raining, It's Pouring thread
 
so come on, let's have a good old British style whinge about the weather.

I'll start, shall I?

My 10 minute walk to work today was stretched to 30 by firstly avoiding large puddles, and then working up the dignity to de-shoe and roll up in the middle of the road for the final crossing... had to wait until I was out of view of a schoolbus-full of kids :eek:

I hear on the radio that Emirates is totally blocked in the northern direction from the first Sharjah turn off to National Paints.

Ankle deep outside my office, which is now an island :p

Paidtoplease Jan 15th 2008 5:17 am

Re: the It's Raining, It's Pouring thread
 

Originally Posted by jvr20 (Post 5789198)
so come on, let's have a good old British style whinge about the weather.

I'll start, shall I?

My 10 minute walk to work today was stretched to 30 by firstly avoiding large puddles, and then working up the dignity to de-shoe and roll up in the middle of the road for the final crossing... had to wait until I was out of view of a schoolbus-full of kids :eek:

I hear on the radio that Emirates is totally blocked in the northern direction from the first Sharjah turn off to National Paints.

Ankle deep outside my office, which is now an island :p

I love it, makes a nice change, even though the roof is leaking in my house but kind enough to fall into the bath :D

Must remember to not keep my window of car open as you quickly forget the effect of a passing speeding car going through a puddle has on you being soaked inside the car ......

Meow Jan 15th 2008 5:55 am

Re: the It's Raining, It's Pouring thread
 
I hate it. Feels as if I am living inside a dishwasher right now. :(

Inselaffen Jan 15th 2008 6:12 am

Re: the It's Raining, It's Pouring thread
 
its a nightmare. reminds me too much of England :huh:

my usual 20 minute commute took 1 hour and 20 minutes this morning!

Madam Medusa Jan 15th 2008 6:14 am

Re: the It's Raining, It's Pouring thread
 
omg, it's horrendous...the roads are wild, it took ages to do the school run and we all got soaked, and it's getting worse by the minute...

MM, xx

MataHari Jan 15th 2008 6:17 am

Re: the It's Raining, It's Pouring thread
 
Our street has been transformed into a kneedeep puddle...
Taking the little one to school this morning, there was a Ferrari going through a pool that reached the windscreen...that was funny....
I love to go to the desert in a couple of week, cause it will have turned really green just like last year...

lionheart Jan 15th 2008 6:58 am

Re: the It's Raining, It's Pouring thread
 

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 5789385)
Our street has been transformed into a kneedeep puddle...
Taking the little one to school this morning, there was a Ferrari going through a pool that reached the windscreen...that was funny....
I love to go to the desert in a couple of week, cause it will have turned really green just like last year...

I would love you to go to the desert too. Meanwhile, please leave my Ferrari alone.

MataHari Jan 15th 2008 7:00 am

Re: the It's Raining, It's Pouring thread
 

Originally Posted by lionheart (Post 5789506)
I would love you to go to the desert too.

what...and never come back again

lionheart Jan 15th 2008 7:53 am

Re: the It's Raining, It's Pouring thread
 

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 5789514)
what...and never come back again

You must be a mind reader amongst all your other many talents...

Inselaffen Jan 15th 2008 8:01 am

Re: the It's Raining, It's Pouring thread
 

Originally Posted by lionheart (Post 5789633)
You must be a mind reader amongst all your other many talents...

I'm sure it can be arranged ;)

MataHari Jan 15th 2008 8:22 am

Re: the It's Raining, It's Pouring thread
 

Originally Posted by lionheart (Post 5789633)
You must be a mind reader amongst all your other many talents...

yeah...it's shocking the amount of filth that goes on in that little head of yours.

MataHari Jan 15th 2008 8:38 am

Re: the It's Raining, It's Pouring thread
 
Uptown Mirdif Primary school has just been closed....too much leakage in the building, and if it keeps on raining they won't be open tomorrow either...

shakh your bootie Jan 15th 2008 9:00 am

Re: the It's Raining, It's Pouring thread
 
JVR, the image of you rolling up your trousers and wading through a puddle in the road is wonderful... You're a village boy at heart, aren't you?

Me, I'm liking the rain even tho I get soaked every time I go out for a fag break.

Madam Medusa Jan 15th 2008 9:52 am

Re: the It's Raining, It's Pouring thread
 

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 5789764)
Uptown Mirdif Primary school has just been closed....too much leakage in the building, and if it keeps on raining they won't be open tomorrow either...

oh joy...let the heavens open, lol...

MM, xx

Inselaffen Jan 15th 2008 9:54 am

Re: the It's Raining, It's Pouring thread
 

Originally Posted by shakh your bootie (Post 5789823)
JVR, the image of you rolling up your trousers and wading through a puddle in the road is wonderful... You're a village boy at heart, aren't you?

Me, I'm liking the rain even tho I get soaked every time I go out for a fag break.

do they let all the fags go out for a break?


All times are GMT. The time now is 7:36 pm.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.