Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Its getting a little rough in Saar

Its getting a little rough in Saar

Old Mar 21st 2009, 12:31 pm
need a new teeshirt

heartofdarkness is a jewel in the roughheartofdarkness is a jewel in the roughheartofdarkness is a jewel in the roughheartofdarkness is a jewel in the rough
Default Its getting a little rough in Saar

I think elyesda may have been right. Things are getting rather tense in the Saar area. Five houses where robbed in one area over the last couple days and teenage girls are being harassed. I'm hearing lot of expats are looking to move out of the area.
Old Mar 21st 2009, 12:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

bimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud of
Default Re: Its getting a little rough in Saar

Things are a bit dodgy in Bahrain in general I guess..

If it detoriates further the GCC will assist with security forces to help stabilize the situation and perhaps establish a rule of decree.
the Bahrain troublemakers might take head as Kuwait just dissolved its parliament as the religious nutters that always gets the votes made governing the country impossible.

The days of democracy experiments are perhaps over..At least I hope so
Old May 29th 2009, 12:54 am
Forum Regular

meseta has a spectacular aura aboutmeseta has a spectacular aura aboutmeseta has a spectacular aura about

What are the areas I should be looking at for a low(er) cost villa ? Possibly moving in the next few weeks from the UAE to Bahrain. Any advice appreciated.
Old May 30th 2009, 10:40 pm
Banned

eylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to all

Saar is the best location for schools, supermarkets, expat clubs etc.

Prices coming down as loads of expats leaving at end of school term., July 7th)
Glut of compound housing so don't agree to first offer.

Be very careful about your land lord, generally they are the scum of the earth.

Security:
Just take care and always be aware of your situation, car doors locked, don't
stop for anyone, see tyres burning in the street you MUST take a different route or TURN AROUND! Avoid the viallages.....

Good luck.
Old May 31st 2009, 4:52 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

see tyres burning in the street you MUST take a different route or TURN AROUND! Avoid the viallages.....
**** me its like Black Hawk Down....
Old May 31st 2009, 5:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Morecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by commander
**** me its like Black Hawk Down....
Or Mirdiff according to letters page in 7 Days today!!!
Old May 31st 2009, 5:18 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Morecambe Mindy
Or Mirdiff according to letters page in 7 Days today!!!
just read that...all a bit weird
I see plenty of police driving round, so not sure what she is on about in that respect...unmarked patrol cars...hmmmm, guess they are not easy to spot being unmarked and all that...
the marked villas...let me just check outside...omg there's a bit of green paint on our wall...I'm dead
roadkills...yes, there was a girl run over that's true, Algeria Street is a dangerous road to cross and something needs to be done...
Old May 31st 2009, 7:38 am
Banned

eylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to all

Now we know why they are rioting!

http://www.gulf-daily-news.com/NewsD...storyid=251845