British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   Its getting bad ......... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/its-getting-bad-551063/)

Nav_72 Jul 24th 2008 8:46 pm

Its getting bad .........

http://www.gulfnews.com/nation/Housi.../10231586.html

WOW !!!!

Blue Cat Jul 25th 2008 7:20 am

Re: Its getting bad .........

very sad, 25 families in one house though!! :eek:

Norm_uk Jul 25th 2008 7:38 am

Originally Posted by Nav_72 (Post 6607308)

Dubai city that cares...cares enough to see women and small children sitting in 50 degree heat with no running water or any electricity.:curse:

They are paying tenants in a city with huge rent increases and they are suffering for trying to live. That's their crime...living.:confused:

These people are the one's guarding your villa compound, keeping you safe in the mall, driving your kids to school, landscaping parks and gardens etc....and this is how they are treated.

If there are major riots one day I will not be surprised...they need to stop this ban on sharing nonsense.

N.

twinkle-star Jul 25th 2008 8:19 am

Tsk Tsk not nice:(

Perhaps they should all move to the Uk!

Nav_72 Jul 25th 2008 9:24 am

Originally Posted by Norm_uk (Post 6608882)
Dubai city that cares...cares enough to see women and small children sitting in 50 degree heat with no running water or any electricity.:curse:

They are paying tenants in a city with huge rent increases and they are suffering for trying to live. That's their crime...living.:confused:

These people are the one's guarding your villa compound, keeping you safe in the mall, driving your kids to school, landscaping parks and gardens etc....and this is how they are treated.

If there are major riots one day I will not be surprised...they need to stop this ban on sharing nonsense.

N.

Spot on Norm - and when things turn sour for the people in UAE - they cant get their streets cleaned, or there isnt a bus to take the kids to school, or any other ancillary low end services in place, the word desert will very quickly come to the forefront again......

Really sad state of affairs now.......

rowell Jul 25th 2008 5:23 pm

Originally Posted by Nav_72 (Post 6609101)
Spot on Norm - and when things turn sour for the people in UAE - they cant get their streets cleaned, or there isnt a bus to take the kids to school, or any other ancillary low end services in place, the word desert will very quickly come to the forefront again......

Really sad state of affairs now.......

I have to admit this side is one sordid life of Dubai that the locals and also plenty of expats from al over the world don't think about.

BC on this forum does try to do her bit with others in helping these groups financially with contributions, but I think at the end of the day all expats no matter how much we complain about the place want to be here, otherwise we would be elsewhere, we alone due to numbers have the ability to make some difference but the powers that be are so powerful, we do not do what we would maybe do in our home country to help such people

Blue Cat Jul 26th 2008 9:54 am

Originally Posted by rowell (Post 6610611)
I have to admit this side is one sordid life of Dubai that the locals and also plenty of expats from al over the world don't think about.

BC on this forum does try to do her bit with others in helping these groups financially with contributions, but I think at the end of the day all expats no matter how much we complain about the place want to be here, otherwise we would be elsewhere, we alone due to numbers have the ability to make some difference but the powers that be are so powerful, we do not do what we would maybe do in our home country to help such people

your right, Helping Hands works away quietly in the background helping those who need help. The all guns blazing attitude here would have a serious backlash and the Charity doesn't need that, just plenty of cash to continuing feeding some of these labourers :(