Its about time!

Old Jul 31st 2005, 10:17 am
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light
Talking Its about time!

This ought to put a smile on your Face

Emirates battles growing pains
Sunday, 31 July 2005
7DAYS

Emirates airline has issued a stern warning to cabin crew about service standards, as staff numbers reach 25,000 globally. A letter to senior cabin crew from Terry Daly, senior vice president, service delivery, sent last month targeted grooming standards, attitude, and service standards, including cabin monitoring, noise and galley behaviour.

“I am very sad to say that we have been receiving more and more reports about our standards slipping,� said Daly in the letter. “I stood watching one of our peak departure periods recently and I was appalled at some of the things I saw.�

He said Emirates insisted on consistently high service standards and acknowledged that many staff et them. Emirates is one of the fastest-growing airline in the world, and now manages a staff of more than 25,000, of whom 5,600 are cabin crew.

“Given the scale, it is inevitable that there will be some differences in cultural outlook and in attitude,� said a spokesman for Emirates. “Many of our cabin crew are working in their first overseas employment ever and we appreciate that some may have difficulties in adjusting to a new and working environment. Emirates prides itself on taking customer feedback seriously,� said the spokesman. “The letters to our inflight staff were written in order to re-focus and re-engage our crew on key areas which our customers say are important.�

Emirates has more than doubled its fleet in the past four years. It has won numerous awards during its history, including Airline of the Year, Best Customer Service, and Most Innovative Marketing.
heh heh....... finally, we can now look forward to better service.

Old Jul 31st 2005, 10:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Jeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Its about time!

[QUOTE=Face81]This ought to put a smile on your Face

heh heh....... finally, we can now look forward to better service.

That's if they'll ever accept their own tickets and let you on the plane!
shower of bastards!
Old Jul 31st 2005, 11:09 am
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by kelvynd
That's if they'll ever accept their own tickets and let you on the plane!

shower of bastards!

deep breaths...... thats it........ inhale.... now exhale.

with something like this being leaked to the press, I am pretty sure their in flight service will improve..... they had better improve if they want to survive.
Old Jul 31st 2005, 11:27 am
W10

I doubt it somehow.

The decline in service is largely down to two things:

1, Emirates has expanded way too quickly and doesn't have the staff infrastructure to keep service levels high. New staff don't get the same level of training and support that they did a few years ago.

2, They have to treat their staff better - they are leaving in droves because of their conditions at the moment.

But rectifying this will take time, oh and of course will be dependent on Emirates admitting they made a mistake in the first place.

Old Jul 31st 2005, 11:35 am
Up in the air

Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by W10
I doubt it somehow.

The decline in service is largely down to two things:

1, Emirates has expanded way too quickly and doesn't have the staff infrastructure to keep service levels high. New staff don't get the same level of training and support that they did a few years ago.

2, They have to treat their staff better - they are leaving in droves because of their conditions at the moment.

But rectifying this will take time, oh and of course will be dependent on Emirates admitting they made a mistake in the first place.
Im all for Emirates getting better staff.
We need to get some new blood

I think they should sack all the old Air Waitresses, and get young ones in, keen and eager to explore their bodies and try new things.........
Old Jul 31st 2005, 11:36 am
W10

You could be employed as a quality control consultant.

Old Jul 31st 2005, 11:38 am
Up in the air

Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by W10
You could be employed as a quality control consultant.
For me to do that I'd need a big expat package.

excuse the pun..............
Old Jul 31st 2005, 12:06 pm
W10

Will you introduce personal incentives for the staff in order to help them perform better?

Old Jul 31st 2005, 1:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

BurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, but only if they pass the oral exam.

(OMG, I can't believe I am encouraging these two)
Old Jul 31st 2005, 1:03 pm
A Natural Blonde

Zannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BurpusMe
Yes, but only if they pass the oral exam.

(OMG, I can't believe I am encouraging these two)

I don't think these guys need much encouragement...lol...

Zannie x
Old Jul 31st 2005, 2:36 pm
Yes, Master...

Tami2 is a jewel in the roughTami2 is a jewel in the roughTami2 is a jewel in the roughTami2 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Jammy_Dodgers
For me to do that I'd need a big expat package.

excuse the pun..............
Hello my luv,
Rumor has it that you already have a huge package, no?
So, how's it going, sweetie? I never seem to catch you when you're on. PM me or something.

XX Tami XX
Old Jul 31st 2005, 6:34 pm
The Oracle

what a colourful thread.