Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Issues with Daughter's Visa

Issues with Daughter's Visa

Old Mar 26th 2013, 10:14 am
BE Forum Addict

LaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Daughter's visa issues

Originally Posted by Kix
Why dont you go to the residency department with her birth certificate and ask.

Better than turning up at the airport on a hope and a prayer.
I don't live in AD.
Old Mar 26th 2013, 10:26 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by LaLaLayla
I don't live in AD.
Yes, you said that. How about renting a car for the day/getting a taxi/getting the bus.

Shirley if it's important to you you can do that?
Old Mar 26th 2013, 10:29 am
BE Forum Addict

LaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kix
Yes, you said that. How about renting a car for the day/getting a taxi/getting the bus.

Shirley if it's important to you you can do that?
Yeah, actually it's not really that. My experience with the AD govenment (I used to work for them) is that you never really get a straight answer. Hence this ridiculous situation we're in now. I could get a day off work and take my son off school for the day, drive all the way there, to be told they don't know. Or worse, to be told the wrong answer.
Old Mar 26th 2013, 10:34 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough

Yeah, actually it's not really that. My experience with the AD govenment (I used to work for them) is that you never really get a straight answer. Hence this ridiculous situation we're in now. I could get a day off work and take my son off school for the day, drive all the way there, to be told they don't know. Or worse, to be told the wrong answer.
I didn't mean ask a question, I meant get the visa.

Take everything (including the kitchen sink), explain it to the Captain and I'm more than certain you'll walk out with a visa.

All done and dusted in a couple of hours, no need for master LaLaLayla to take a day off school.
Old Mar 26th 2013, 10:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Kix
I didn't mean ask a question, I meant get the visa.

Take everything (including the kitchen sink), explain it to the Captain and I'm more than certain you'll walk out with a visa.

All done and dusted in a couple of hours, no need for master LaLaLayla to take a day off school.
No, we can't get a Visa without a Tenancy Contract attested by Ojari.
Old Mar 26th 2013, 10:40 am
BE Forum Addict

... sorry, 'Ejari'.
Old Mar 26th 2013, 10:49 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

... sorry, 'Ejari'.
Thought I'd leave that one rather than correcting an angry mother.

I've just remembered my boss had to get it Ejari'd to sort his kiddies visa or maid's visa. I don't think the landlord needs to do anything Lala, I think you just take it and pay 160dhs and it's done.
Old Mar 26th 2013, 11:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Scamp
I don't think the landlord needs to do anything Lala, I think you just take it and pay 160dhs and it's done.
Yeah, but you need the Title Deeds and the landlord won't give them to us.
Old Mar 26th 2013, 11:36 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Yeah, but you need the Title Deeds and the landlord won't give them to us.
You're meant to get them when you rent the place. Have you been in less than a year? Ring the agent?

Tell the Landlord you legally have to have it...
Old Mar 26th 2013, 12:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

You're meant to get them when you rent the place. Have you been in less than a year? Ring the agent?

Tell the Landlord you legally have to have it...
Yes, we moved there in June. He has told us that we can have it... once we sign the Vacation Notice.
Old Mar 26th 2013, 12:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

archie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to behold

I've just remembered my boss had to get it Ejari'd to sort his kiddies visa or maid's visa.
As I said before, here in AD I have never needed a copy of the tenancy for my children's visa (OK, I realise rules might have changed in the past year since we last did it). As most of the other posters here seem to be Dubai residents, can I again ask why you need it? Are you absolutely sure AD visas require it?

My company just renewed my own residency visa, less than a month ago, and even I didn't need to provide my tenancy agreement, so why do you need it for a baby?
Old Mar 26th 2013, 12:15 pm
Account Closed

Yes, we moved there in June. He has told us that we can have it... once we sign the Vacation Notice.
Why would you vacate though?

They (probably) legally have to give it to you when you move in.
Old Mar 26th 2013, 12:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by archie159
OK, I realise rules might have changed in the past year since we last did it.
Yes, this is a new thing.
Old Mar 26th 2013, 12:37 pm
Account Closed

He wants us to move out as he wants to sell. He is blackmailing us.
Get one of the local girls to ring him and hammer him, or just ring the police
Old Mar 26th 2013, 1:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

archie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to behold

Yes, this is a new thing.
OK, just spoke to my HR and PRO (we are AD based, with several hundred western employees, so they do this a lot). Technically you are correct - that was news to me. However - in reality, they said if you go into the MoI yourself, first floor on the left somewhere, there is a Captain or Lt who is "the waiver guy". You explain to him why you don't have a copy of the tenancy, he stamps a form and you get your visa. As long as you don't look like you are someone who is likely to be living in a 30-man sub-leased tenement, you'll be fine. But they did think it would take a trip in person, or by a helpful local PRO who can vouch for you. As I said, they didn't even ask for my tenancy agreement.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.