Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Irish Village Get together....

View Poll Results: Which day would you prefer?
Friday the 1st of April
61.54%
Friday the 8th of April
38.46%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Irish Village Get together....

Old Mar 24th 2005, 2:26 pm

Heart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Irish Village Get together....

Originally Posted by Face81
Hi all.

I think we need to have one of those get togethers that we organised towards the end of last year.

Wot better place than the lovely Irish Village And I am not being partial or anything.

I was thinking either on the 1st of April or on the 8th of April..... both are fridays.... lets leave it open to a vote.

Those that are ok with either date should PM me with their mobile phone numbers or those that already have my mob # can text me whenever to confirm.

This is open to everyone.

Shud be fun..... the last one was!

I hope this works out....

Niether Face.... I wont be here!! Sorry hun
Old Mar 24th 2005, 2:29 pm
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Rumble Tumble
I have voted 4 the 1st of April but i'm fine with either. You have my mobile drop me a txt Face and let me know whats arranged
cool RT.

Will drop u a txt wen its all finalised.....

just cant figure out who voted for the 8th...... JB was one and I dunno who the other trouble maker was. LOLOLOL
Old Mar 24th 2005, 2:31 pm
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Heart of gold
Niether Face.... I wont be here!! Sorry hun
awwwwwwwwwww

well there will be more of these once i get back again at the end of april.

will set one of these up just for u!
Old Mar 24th 2005, 2:43 pm

Heart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Face81
awwwwwwwwwww

well there will be more of these once i get back again at the end of april.

will set one of these up just for u!
Ahh thanks will look forward to it!
Old Mar 24th 2005, 2:57 pm
Forum Regular

Nick01 has much to be proud ofNick01 has much to be proud ofNick01 has much to be proud ofNick01 has much to be proud ofNick01 has much to be proud ofNick01 has much to be proud ofNick01 has much to be proud ofNick01 has much to be proud ofNick01 has much to be proud ofNick01 has much to be proud ofNick01 has much to be proud of

I voted 8th of april, because this my birthday and the more people make party this day, the better for my following 365 days thank you
Old Mar 25th 2005, 5:43 am
Banned

Jellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond repute

Where are you off to then JB????? Anywhere exciting??

Sorry RT had already left, was an organised function I had to go to
Old Mar 25th 2005, 6:18 am
TA5
Banned (Always Correct)

TA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond repute

i can probably make it, either date is fine, keep me posted
Old Mar 25th 2005, 10:15 am
Sat on the fence ......

Rumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TA5
Hi TA5 haven't seen you on the board much, where've you been hiding??
Old Mar 25th 2005, 10:17 am
Sat on the fence ......

Rumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jellybean
Sorry RT had already left, was an organised function I had to go to
Well i'm off out tonite, dropping folks at airport at around 11.00 - 11.30 then i am hitting the town with or without any1 i'm in need big time
Old Mar 25th 2005, 10:36 am
Sat on the fence ......

How will we know everyone, ooh i know i'l lwear my trade mark smilies...shall i?? lmao
Old Mar 25th 2005, 11:09 am
Banned

Jellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond repute

Well i'm off out tonite, dropping folks at airport at around 11.00 - 11.30 then i am hitting the town with or without any1 i'm in need big time

You can't go out on your own!!!!
Old Mar 25th 2005, 11:28 am
Just Joined

blinkers is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

I am over in a couple of weeks and I am interested in learning more about Dubai - will be staying in the Deira district - will be asking loads of questions about what the reality of working in Dubai is.
First question is where is this Irish Village ?
Where can I go for a drink in a nice bar and potentially speak to other ex-pats ?
If your meeting is successful I would like to meet up for a quick drink - only over for a week so I am determined to try and find out as much as possible during this time.... bit of a mission really.

Already, working 7 years with a degree in IT for the offshore finance industry and I know how ex-pats can potentially talk a place up but it can be very different once working day to day in the place. So I really want to get a realistic view etc.

I plan to visit the following areas -
1. Nad Al Sheba Race Course (I'm Irish so this interests me)
2. Al Quoz Stables
3. Burj Hotel
4. Wild Wadi Water Park
5. Dubai Museum
6. Internet City
7. Media City

Any feedback on the above would be really appreciated. Your enthusiasm for Dubai is great and even though all costs / salaries are relative to the location, the quality of life appears from never having been there to be v good.
Old Mar 25th 2005, 5:03 pm
Sat on the fence ......

Originally Posted by Jellybean
You can't go out on your own!!!!

I will be i need a few bevvies and i'm off to our old late night haunt for sure if you wana join me i'll be there from 11.30 on xx
Old Mar 26th 2005, 4:17 am
The Oracle

Originally Posted by TA5
Hiya m8!

Glad to hear you can make it on either day...... will keep you posted with the details.... guess I can either PM u or drop u a txt once things r finalised.
Old Mar 26th 2005, 4:34 am
The Oracle

Originally Posted by blinkers
Hi,

I am over in a couple of weeks and I am interested in learning more about Dubai - will be staying in the Deira district - will be asking loads of questions about what the reality of working in Dubai is.
First question is where is this Irish Village ?
Where can I go for a drink in a nice bar and potentially speak to other ex-pats ?
If your meeting is successful I would like to meet up for a quick drink - only over for a week so I am determined to try and find out as much as possible during this time.... bit of a mission really.

Already, working 7 years with a degree in IT for the offshore finance industry and I know how ex-pats can potentially talk a place up but it can be very different once working day to day in the place. So I really want to get a realistic view etc.

I plan to visit the following areas -
1. Nad Al Sheba Race Course (I'm Irish so this interests me)
2. Al Quoz Stables
3. Burj Hotel
4. Wild Wadi Water Park
5. Dubai Museum
6. Internet City
7. Media City

Any feedback on the above would be really appreciated. Your enthusiasm for Dubai is great and even though all costs / salaries are relative to the location, the quality of life appears from never having been there to be v good.
Hello Blinkers. Glad to hear your enjoying the site.

The Irish Village is on the same side of the Creek as Deira, ie, in North Dubai.
It is probably Dubai's largest pub and is located in Garhoud (another neighbourhood in the North) at the Aviation Club. Most cabbies can easily get you there. i am sure u can meet other expats there and many of us can suggest other bars/pubs for that sort of thing.

Well if you are over by the 1st or 8th, you are most welcome to join us at the Irish Village. Otherwise, some of us will surely be happy to have a drink with you to talk about Dubai. Fear not matey.

Have PM'd u......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.