Reload this Page >

Iraqi Shoe Thrower Sentenced

Iraqi Shoe Thrower Sentenced

Old Mar 17th 2009, 6:52 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Iraqi Shoe Thrower Sentenced

Originally Posted by deemi786
None of those three have ever started an illegal war for no reason but to make their daddy proud!
That surely depends on which Queen of England you are referring to...
Old Mar 17th 2009, 6:55 am
Forum Regular

folic has a reputation beyond reputefolic has a reputation beyond reputefolic has a reputation beyond reputefolic has a reputation beyond reputefolic has a reputation beyond reputefolic has a reputation beyond reputefolic has a reputation beyond reputefolic has a reputation beyond reputefolic has a reputation beyond reputefolic has a reputation beyond reputefolic has a reputation beyond repute

Considering the gravity of the action (it could have been a bomb or knife) he got off pretty lightly and he'd be aware of that.

He would have known before he did it that his actions would land him in trouble. He did it regardless and more power to him.

But, if they'd given him any lesser sentence, those big, important politicians, dictators, mass murderers would have found themselves pelted by objects every time they stepped out from their door. And gee, being a big important politician, dictator or mass murderer is supposed to make you merely obscenely rich .. it's not supposed to inconvenience you.

I wish he'd been given a three week sentence. Because it might have spurred millions, world wide, to drag the politicians, dictators and mass-murderers from behind their desks and podiums and out into the streets for a good kicking.
Old Mar 17th 2009, 7:14 am
BE Enthusiast

deemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nice

Originally Posted by folic
Considering the gravity of the action (it could have been a bomb or knife) he got off pretty lightly and he'd be aware of that.

He would have known before he did it that his actions would land him in trouble. He did it regardless and more power to him.

But, if they'd given him any lesser sentence, those big, important politicians, dictators, mass murderers would have found themselves pelted by objects every time they stepped out from their door. And gee, being a big important politician, dictator or mass murderer is supposed to make you merely obscenely rich .. it's not supposed to inconvenience you.

I wish he'd been given a three week sentence. Because it might have spurred millions, world wide, to drag the politicians, dictators and mass-murderers from behind their desks and podiums and out into the streets for a good kicking.
He lost the plot when Bush tried saying something in Arabic if im not mistaken, so i dont think it was pre meditated.
Old Mar 17th 2009, 7:14 am
BE Enthusiast

deemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nice

Originally Posted by lionheart
That surely depends on which Queen of England you are referring to...
Well im not talking about Jade Goody
Old Mar 18th 2009, 4:43 am
Forum Regular

B Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by deemi786
He lost the plot when Bush tried saying something in Arabic if im not mistaken, so i dont think it was pre meditated.
But Iraq (like anywhere has laws), in this case assaulting/insulting a visiting head of state.

The fact that you don't like that head of state has absolutely no bearing on it.

If I was to give the 'finger' to lets say Pres Bashir of Sudan during a state visit to the UAE, should I be let off from the normal retribution because I and many others believe him to be a murdering tyrant and dictator?