British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   Iraqi Shoe Thrower Sentenced (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/iraqi-shoe-thrower-sentenced-597077/)

lionheart Mar 12th 2009 11:39 am

Iraqi Shoe Thrower Sentenced

Seems a bit harsh to me...

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/5/20090312/...s-3fd0ae9.html

MacScot Mar 12th 2009 11:55 am

Re: Iraqi Shoe Thrower Sentenced

Originally Posted by lionheart (Post 7371387)

Agree...he missed didn't he ?? :rofl:

http://features.csmonitor.com/politi...1/picture1.jpg

Compare with that of the British woman from the "Plain Stupid" group got of scot-free when she threw green 'custard' in Peter Mendelson's face !! She didn't miss !

http://rlv.zcache.com/free_al_zaidi_...20qzje_400.jpg

Investoman_uae Mar 13th 2009 7:33 am

He is one of very few brave people I have seen. Braver than Superman. I mean goodness... who thought of that... shoes, bush, ... the perfect idea. May God bless the shoe thrower... he is a hero for many of us.

Inv.

admon Mar 13th 2009 9:11 am

Originally Posted by Investoman_uae (Post 7374714)
He is one of very few brave people I have seen. Braver than Superman. I mean goodness... who thought of that... shoes, bush, ... the perfect idea. May God bless the shoe thrower... he is a hero for many of us.

Inv.

hero? the guy is a bit of a prick really..

nottmbantam Mar 13th 2009 9:37 am

No, I disagree, I don't think he's a prick at all, I think he has been very harshly treated indeed. All he did was to demonstrate his feelings over the war - in the same way the woman did with the green custard and Mandelson's position in the cabinet.He chose to take a stance, show some backbone.

How on earth he could be given three years for that is unbelievable.

Investoman_uae Mar 13th 2009 12:59 pm

The idea was much better than the condom thrower's with Tony Blair. The target was well chosen and the thrower has better skills as well.

Why 3 years? Because Bush installed a dictatorship in Iraq that bends over whenever Bush says it should. You cant upset your master now can you.

Inv.

Roadking Mar 13th 2009 4:30 pm

Originally Posted by Investoman_uae (Post 7375483)
The idea was much better than the condom thrower's with Tony Blair. The target was well chosen and the thrower has better skills as well.

Why 3 years? Because Bush installed a dictatorship in Iraq that bends over whenever Bush says it should. You cant upset your master now can you.

Inv.

:zzz::zzz::zzz::zzz:

teach_k_jp Mar 14th 2009 5:39 pm

And if he had thrown it at the queen? How would you feel then?

B Bear Mar 16th 2009 7:59 am

Originally Posted by Investoman_uae (Post 7375483)

Inv.

3 years? - because that is the sentence for threatening a head of state in Iraq OK?

Don't worry, I know it seems strange, but as any arab will tell you that this is the most insulting behaviour imagineable, and therefore the penalty had to be commensurate with it - he knew what he was doing! What if he had done this to say the ruler of the UAE? - your view?

Finally, what would have happened to him and his family under Sadaam Hussein if he had thrown a shoe at old uncle Saddaam before these dictators were involved? ......Yeah, I know, a bit of a chuckle, gosh what a laugh! - fancy you throwing your shoe at me - aaaahhh, we must do lunch!!

Get real!

Roadking Mar 17th 2009 5:50 am

1 Attachment(s)
It's not that easy to throw a shoe. Try and see how you do...:lol:

deemi786 Mar 17th 2009 6:17 am

Originally Posted by teach_k_jp (Post 7379050)
And if he had thrown it at the queen? How would you feel then?

The guy is a hero.....

Shame he didnt knock him spark out in my opinion , Bush is a cheeky w****r for coming there and even trying to condone he did a great job!

Spugsy Mar 17th 2009 6:28 am

Originally Posted by deemi786 (Post 7387373)
The guy is a hero.....

Shame he didnt knock him spark out in my opinion , Bush is a cheeky w****r for coming there and even trying to condone he did a great job!

Bush is a piece of shit, but throwing your show at the head of the USA is only going to lead you in hot water, I'm sure he knew that and can't really complain can he?

Good job it wasn't in Saudi.

B Bear Mar 17th 2009 6:31 am

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 7387401)
Bush is a piece of shit, but throwing your show at the head of the USA is only going to lead you in hot water, I'm sure he knew that and can't really complain can he?

Good job it wasn't in Saudi.

...or any other ME country. He carried pot the act in full knowledge of the consequences - (that in the new Iraq at least he wouldn't be chucked in the mincing machine!) - so I guess that's a plus!

B Bear Mar 17th 2009 6:35 am

Originally Posted by deemi786 (Post 7387373)
The guy is a hero.....

...so laws should only be applied selectively to suit?

Delete Bush, insert the following:

Pres of UAE
King of Saudi
Queen of England

Three years still cause an outcry?

deemi786 Mar 17th 2009 6:44 am

Originally Posted by B Bear (Post 7387423)
...so laws should only be applied selectively to suit?

Delete Bush, insert the following:

Pres of UAE
King of Saudi
Queen of England

Three years still cause an outcry?

None of those three have ever started an illegal war for no reason but to make their daddy proud!