Iraqi Dinnar ...

Old Oct 21st 2007, 9:44 am
semarang

novita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Iraqi Dinnar ...

My uncle back in Indonesia told me that alot of Indonesian bought loads of Iraqi Dinnar, they believe that in few yrs time the money will worth alot more.

Does anyone have any knowledge about this or do you think it is just purely scam?

http://www.bizcovering.com/Investing...nar-Scam.27144
Old Oct 21st 2007, 11:08 am
Expats Newboy

JohnG will become famous soon enoughJohnG will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Iraqi Dinnar ...

Better off buying US$ at the moment, they ain't worth much and they are sure to rise again..... not like Iraqi Dinar.!!!
Old Oct 21st 2007, 11:35 am
BE Forum Addict

jvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JohnG
Better off buying US$ at the moment, they ain't worth much and they are sure to rise again..... not like Iraqi Dinar.!!!
I hope so! My salary is defined in USD and I haven't bought any pounds since being out here...!
Old Oct 21st 2007, 11:45 am
Soupy twist

Eeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond repute

My friend's husband did this thinking he'd double his money within a year or two, how wrong he was. The Dinar not looking like it'll rise anytime soon with the current situation with Iraq.

As for buying the US Dollar, yes, you'd get a much better return sooner and it's almost guaranteed to rise at some point.
Old Oct 21st 2007, 11:48 am
Forum Regular

RitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to all

Originally Posted by GarethR
My friend's husband did this thinking he'd double his money within a year or two, how wrong he was. The Dinar not looking like it'll rise anytime soon with the current situation with Iraq.

As for buying the US Dollar, yes, you'd get a much better return sooner and it's almost guaranteed to rise at some point.
After you've taken into account charges and the crappy rates us normal people get I doubt anyone will make any serious money from any currency exchanges.
Old Oct 21st 2007, 1:41 pm
semarang

novita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks everyone ... anymore comments pls?
Old Oct 21st 2007, 1:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by novita77
Thanks everyone ... anymore comments pls?
only that i keep reading this as Iraqi dinner and was wondering what type of food it was, lol...

MM, xx
Old Oct 21st 2007, 1:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

IndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
only that i keep reading this as Iraqi dinner and was wondering what type of food it was, lol...

MM, xx
And I thought it was only me that read it as dinnEr.....lol
Old Oct 21st 2007, 2:40 pm
semarang

Ooops ... did i spell the dinnar wrongly?
Old Oct 21st 2007, 3:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

IndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond repute

Think it's more a case of MM and me needing an eye check up
Old Oct 21st 2007, 4:05 pm
semarang

Originally Posted by IndieGirl
Phew ... lol ...
Old Oct 21st 2007, 4:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by IndieGirl
...and the fact that it's got one "n" too many, lol (sorry Novi!!!)...

MM, xx
Old Oct 21st 2007, 4:19 pm
semarang

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
...and the fact that it's got one "n" too many, lol (sorry Novi!!!)...

MM, xx
no problem ...
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 7:55 am
Soupy twist

Eeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, it's "dinar".

And you have to consider the possibility that, should some kind of lasting peace actually occur, the Iraqi currency will be changed as part of the redevelopment of the country (not unheard-of in these sorts of situations), rendering the old notes valueless other than for a direct exchange with the new ones - at a rate that will ensure nobody profiteers.
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 10:28 am
Expats Newboy

JohnG will become famous soon enoughJohnG will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by GarethR
Yes, it's "dinar".

And you have to consider the possibility that, should some kind of lasting peace actually occur, the Iraqi currency will be changed as part of the redevelopment of the country (not unheard-of in these sorts of situations), rendering the old notes valueless other than for a direct exchange with the new ones - at a rate that will ensure nobody profiteers.
These are the new dinar, the old ones had Saddam's head on them and are no longer in circulation.!!!! They have not long been released, therefore they are unlikely to be phased out any time soon.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.