Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Iran claims it brought down US drone

Iran claims it brought down US drone

Old Dec 4th 2011, 3:45 pm
Some say, he adores KSA

iamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud of
Exclamation Iran claims it brought down US drone

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/asia/2...599102532.html

No independent verification yet.
Old Dec 4th 2011, 4:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Paracletus will become famous soon enoughParacletus will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Iran claims it brought down US drone

But it would hardly be surprising that a US drone would be in Iranian territory..No fan of Ahmadinejad, I do agree somewhat with his sentiments on the 'Iran is a threat? We are the ones who have enemy forces in 2 neighbouring countries'. Perhaps one of the few sane conclusions the man has made in his rule.

It is an incredible situation..

Old Dec 4th 2011, 4:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Oyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond repute

It's also a rumour that the Israelis have already been helping themselves. I just wonder who allowed them to overfly.....
Old Dec 4th 2011, 5:12 pm
You read these things?

auzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Paracletus
But it would hardly be surprising that a US drone would be in Iranian territory..No fan of Ahmadinejad, I do agree somewhat with his sentiments on the 'Iran is a threat? We are the ones who have enemy forces in 2 neighbouring countries'. Perhaps one of the few sane conclusions the man has made in his rule.

It is an incredible situation..

http://youtube.com/watch?v=xBgRAWHJ89U
Exactly. Of course the US is spying on Iran. It's about as surprising as finding out that bears shit in the woods, that the sky looks blue, or UAE banks are all shit.

And yes, I agree that his point about Iran being surrounded by enemies is a valid point. But when you piss off all your neighbours, of course you're going to have enemies surrounding you.
Old Dec 5th 2011, 7:53 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by auzdafluff
Exactly. Of course the US is spying on Iran. It's about as surprising as finding out that bears shit in the woods, that the sky looks blue, or UAE banks are all shit.

And yes, I agree that his point about Iran being surrounded by enemies is a valid point. But when you piss off all your neighbours, of course you're going to have enemies surrounding you.
Exactly - Iran isn't exactly sterling when it comes to diplomacy, straightforward foreign policy and being trustworthy.

And only a stupid country doesn't spy on others, especially when that country holds "Death to America" rallies...what do people expect America to do, sit back and ask the Iranian government to please be a bit nicer?

The US's biggest mistake was not putting down the revolution there when it was in it's infancy...

N.
Old Dec 5th 2011, 2:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Paracletus will become famous soon enoughParacletus will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Norm_uk
Exactly - Iran isn't exactly sterling when it comes to diplomacy, straightforward foreign policy and being trustworthy.

And only a stupid country doesn't spy on others, especially when that country holds "Death to America" rallies...what do people expect America to do, sit back and ask the Iranian government to please be a bit nicer?

The US's biggest mistake was not putting down the revolution there when it was in it's infancy...

N.
I don't agree with collective punishment. Nor do I agree with western intervention in every instance possible. I don't agree with the Iranian leadership much either, but nor do I condone the invasion of sovereign nations. I hardly see Iran as a threat to the US or Europe. As much as I'd like not to, I favour Putin's stand on this, and he is a sick man.

But let me get this straight, you agree that the US should intervene in countries that they don't agree with in terms of leadership and direction? i.e Installing the Shah over a democratically elected leader? Hardly makes for a straightforward ideology on behalf of the 'democratic' west, 'fighting for freedom'. Do you think the west will or should now intervene as elections are being held around the Arab world which might lead to governments not favourable to the west?

At least I don't fear that should there be an all out conflict, the major battlefields will not (hopefully) be in Europe as in the past 2 big wars.
Old Dec 5th 2011, 3:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Oyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond repute

At least I don't fear that should there be an all out conflict, the major battlefields will not (hopefully) be in Europe as in the past 2 big wars.

Of course they won't. The big games will go back to their traditional battlefields of the Middle East, which date back several thousand years.

And what with Sarky obviously bumming the German porker, it all looks very pally pally in Europe.
Old Dec 5th 2011, 6:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Oyibopeppeh
Of course they won't. The big games will go back to their traditional battlefields of the Middle East, which date back several thousand years.

And what with Sarky obviously bumming the German porker, it all looks very pally pally in Europe.
Well, we'll see what happens at the end of the week and how united Europe really can be. Merkele has already for an unknown reason used the word war in a speech a few weeks ago in the bundestag when talking about Europe and saving the Euro..and not talking about Iran.

In the words of Berlusconi, Bunga Bunga.
Old Dec 5th 2011, 6:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

Well, we'll see what happens at the end of the week and how united Europe really can be. Merkele has already for an unknown reason used the word war in a speech a few weeks ago in the bundestag when talking about Europe and saving the Euro..and not talking about Iran.

In the words of Berlusconi, Bunga Bunga.
And in the words of the sane, "Oh, bugger..."