Investment Help

Old Jun 8th 2016, 10:27 am
Just Joined
Thread Starter
Joined: Jun 2016
Posts: 5
NeVeRReSt is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Investment Help

Dear All,

Recently joined after getting lots of information by google searching and redirection to this website. However, I've not managed to find an answer to the following questions:

I'm in the process of completing an application form to get TD International Investment Account and they've attached form "W-8BEN" to their in-house account opening form. When completing the form "W-8BEN" - which is for U.S Tax exemption purposes - I was wondering if it's possible to utilise the UK Tax treaty to reduce the withholding tax, as I'm currently resident in Qatar which has no treaty with the US (which i find weird). I have no association with the US incase anyone would ask, except I'm looking to invest there.

Additionally, when purchasing ETF's can the above tax exemptions be mitigated by purchasing within other jurisdications which have lower tax and treaties in place with the US.

Sorry for the confusing nature of my Question. I guess overall I'm slightly confused by the Form to be completed and its implications on US investments. I'd like to avoid 30% being retained....

Kind regards,


Last edited by NeVeRReSt; Jun 8th 2016 at 10:33 am.
NeVeRReSt is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.