Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Interview in Dubai

Interview in Dubai

Old Jun 13th 2006, 8:22 pm
Just Joined

venus28 has a spectacular aura aboutvenus28 has a spectacular aura aboutvenus28 has a spectacular aura about
Default Interview in Dubai

Whilest on holiday in Dubai I manage to have an interview and they were seemingly interested but I have not heared for a week and half although they did said approx in a week to give an answer. Is that normal for a local company? I feel they interested as they ask money,package and availability.

Last edited by venus28; Jun 13th 2006 at 8:54 pm.
Old Jun 13th 2006, 8:35 pm
Powered by cows

Autonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Interview in Dubai

Originally Posted by venus28
Whilest on holiday in Dubai I manage to have an interview and they were seemingly interested but I have not heared for a week enough although they did said approx in a week to give an answer. Is that normal for a local company? I feel they interested as they ask money,package and availability.
Yes. Did they say the word Inshallah? Honestly.... call them if worried...
Old Jun 13th 2006, 8:44 pm
Just Joined

venus28 has a spectacular aura aboutvenus28 has a spectacular aura aboutvenus28 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Autonomy
Yes. Did they say the word Inshallah? Honestly.... call them if worried...

Cheers I try not to worry as much.

Also they ask renumeration I told them 16,000 AED a month plus standard allowance (housing, education, car, etc.) is this ok for managing small work.(construction)
Old Jun 15th 2006, 1:52 am
Remember

Desert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond repute

.......they did said approx in a week to give an answer.......
1 day=1 week on Dubai time. Add an Insha'alla factor and give yourself another few days and that'll be about time!

Seriously, call them and say you were out all day and wondered if they had tried to call as it has been a week. Be pushy without being pushy.
Old Jun 15th 2006, 8:09 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Desert Dweller
1 day=1 week on Dubai time. Add an Insha'alla factor and give yourself another few days and that'll be about time!

Seriously, call them and say you were out all day and wondered if they had tried to call as it has been a week. Be pushy without being pushy.
Cheers! really appreciate it!
Old Jun 20th 2006, 4:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Benson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to behold

Cheers I try not to worry as much.

Also they ask renumeration I told them 16,000 AED a month plus standard allowance (housing, education, car, etc.) is this ok for managing small work.(construction)

not a bad deal but you might want to specify what type size of house you want. Prices range quite dramatically from area to area. Ask if they will provide or you must find. If you must find don't tell the agent/land lord it is your company paying or they might hike it up more.
Old Jun 21st 2006, 8:40 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Benson
not a bad deal but you might want to specify what type size of house you want. Prices range quite dramatically from area to area. Ask if they will provide or you must find. If you must find don't tell the agent/land lord it is your company paying or they might hike it up more.
Cheers! Im excited to ask more details but of course I have to get this job first, just dont want to count my eggs yet, I guess no news is a good news.

I heared you have to know people around Dubai for more chances of getting a job but dont know many so Im taking advantage to advertise myself, so If there's any one looking for Estimator or Construction Management (Civil engineer). please feel free to contact me. (fingers cross) Drinks on me!!! :