Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Internet Heroes Home Computer Support

Internet Heroes Home Computer Support

Old Apr 26th 2009, 8:11 am
BE Enthusiast

deemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nice
Default Re: Internet Heroes Home Computer Support

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
i dispair........
Old Apr 26th 2009, 8:21 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by deemi786
i dispair........
welcome to BE
Old Apr 26th 2009, 8:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Smoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud of

Its a laptop
Does this mean the keyboard of a laptop cannot be changed
Old Apr 26th 2009, 8:40 am
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute

i dispair........
Sorry, should have been clearer; I'm in my office in Dubai. My pc is in my villa in the upstairs bedroom.

Is that better?

hehehe

Jumeirah 1.
Old Apr 26th 2009, 8:48 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Smoochy Girl
I am sure it can, my Dad was trying to get me a new keyboard for mine as all the letters have rubbed off mine, must ask him if he had any luck.
Old Apr 26th 2009, 8:48 am
BE Enthusiast

deemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nice

Some very small plastic mounting arms hold the keys in place and are often broken, either that or the little clips that the mounting arms click into break.

Ok get a philips screwdriver and some tweezers.

Have a look at the video. Model might not be the same but the same applies, is very easy to do, remember to pull gently when you've unscrewed both screws, you dont want to pull the connector or damage it. Once you've taken it off it will be easier to attach the ones your friend has to the keyboard.

If you take it to a computer shop they will try and get you to replace the whole keyboard which might cost you a bit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XabecfFe2XY
Old Apr 26th 2009, 8:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Smoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud of

Ok thanks - you're a love. I will get my husband to do it tonight - inshallah if he comes home before the middle of the night that is

I will keep you informed ................... so watch this space tomorrow
Old Apr 26th 2009, 8:55 am
BE Enthusiast

Ok thanks - you're a love. I will get my husband to do it tonight - inshallah if he comes home before the middle of the night that is

I will keep you informed ................... so watch this space tomorrow
If you really screw it up let me know, if im free ill do it for you....i do travel allot though....

Inshallah you'll be fine.
Old Apr 26th 2009, 8:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Roadking
deemi786
Quote:

When you say the signal comes and goes do you mean it completely cuts off or just that signal quality is very bad.....

Hi Guys, thanks for the responses, however I've completely lost internet at home now. Guess al my messing around has fewked it up somehow. Think I need to galmi (get a little man in) to fix the thing.:curse:
ok so internet not working?

U got a router you're connecting from? Whats the router make and model.

Reboot the router (easiest way is to take the power out and put back in after a min)

Try and reconnect.....see what happens.
Old Apr 26th 2009, 8:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by B Bear
...I think there must a a gremlin about now! My PC will not connect to the net on IE8 or anything else for that matter! The other PC working through the same modem (both by cable) works OK. I had this prob a couple of years ago and took it into one of the stores but they took 14 days, (only 50 AED though).... what a pain!!!!!!!!!!:curse:
how is it connected, hard wired or wireless?

can it connect at all? all pc's in the house working ok? laptops?
Old Apr 26th 2009, 9:35 am
Forum Regular

B Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of light

...hard wired other pc working ok........
Old Apr 26th 2009, 9:52 am
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

Smoochy Girl,

You can change your keyboard on your Laptop.
Is yours an Inspiron 1501? The reason I ask is that
I have replaced a keyboard on this Dell Model.

Last summer in the UK, my usual Laptop accidently collided with a wall:curse:
and I had to use a Dell Inspiron.We had 4; 3 of which had lost keys!!!.While using the 4th, keys fell off.I went loopy on the phone to Dell in Dublin - outcome was I got a new keyboard shipped within 24hours even though they were all out of warranty.(Would have cost @ £86 to replace from Dublin inclu p&P) I have no doubt they agreed to replace free of charge because of the number of machines with this problem-I know of other ppl using them and same same....p'haps a design fault with this model??? The Dell Latitute is a far more robust model and better quality of keyboard etc.
Now I believe there is a Dell shop in Khalidya Mall ,Abu Dhabi.Given the keyboards are manufactured in China, they may well be cheap as chips in AD...worth a try becos, believe me, the keys ain't never gonna go back on and stay on...Also, I replaced the keyboard myself- easy(I'm an idiot when it comes to stuff like that so anyone could manage it ).If you indeed have the Inspiron 1501....look on the strip where the wifi and on/off button is.To right of that and near to 'page up' key you will see little indentation about 1cm long-just above serated vent.Carefully flip this out with a knife or screwdriver....it's plastic be careful......and then simple to fit new keyboard.HTH

Last edited by Eva; Apr 26th 2009 at 9:58 am. Reason: layout
Old Apr 26th 2009, 9:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Eva

Smoochy Girl,

You can change your keyboard on your Laptop.
Is yours an Inspiron 1501? The reason I ask is that
I have replaced a keyboard on this Dell Model.

Last summer in the UK, my usual Laptop accidently collided with a wall:curse:
and I had to use a Dell Inspiron.We had 4; 3 of which had lost keys!!!.While using the 4th, keys fell off.I went loopy on the phone to Dell in Dublin - outcome was I got a new keyboard shipped within 24hours even though they were all out of warranty.(Would have cost @ £86 to replace from Dublin inclu p&P) I have no doubt they agreed to replace free of charge because of the number of machines with this problem-I know of other ppl using them and same same....p'haps a design fault with this model??? The Dell Latitute is a far more robust model and better quality of keyboard etc.
Now I believe there is a Dell shop in Khalidya Mall ,Abu Dhabi.Given the keyboards are manufactured in China, they may well be cheap as chips in AD...worth a try becos, believe me, the keys ain't never gonna go back on and stay on...Also, I replaced the keyboard myself- easy(I'm an idiot when it comes to stuff like that so anyone could manage it ).If you indeed have the Inspiron 1501....look on the strip where the wifi and on/off button is.To right of that and near to 'page up' key you will see little indentation about 1cm long-just above serated vent.Carefully flip this out with a knife or screwdriver....it's plastic be careful......and then simple to fit new keyboard.HTH

Hi There, No my Dell is the Inspiron 6000 but it sounds like they all have the same problems since this is exactly what happened to my keys. I will check through friends in AD about the keyboard. Thanks for your help
Old Apr 26th 2009, 10:00 am
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute

ok so internet not working?

U got a router you're connecting from? Whats the router make and model.

Reboot the router (easiest way is to take the power out and put back in after a min)

Try and reconnect.....see what happens.
Yeah, tried the reboot yesterday. Think that might be what killed access for the whole house. I've a Sitecom Mimo-XR wifi router.
Old Apr 26th 2009, 10:08 am
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Roadking
Yeah, tried the reboot yesterday. Think that might be what killed access for the whole house. I've a Sitecom Mimo-XR wifi router.
Sometimes when you are running both ehternet and wireless connections, the router doesn't like it;I 'm told it can throw up multiple IP adresses and you may get a warning message to disable either or....
Try switching off all pcs, laptops, router etc.Those p.c's on wireless connections -leave off. Power up wired/ethernet unit and router;*router first*.See if that works and that the signal is consistant, then once running a while, power up wireless units.You can pay me later

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.