Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Internet Heroes Home Computer Support

Internet Heroes Home Computer Support

Old Apr 25th 2009, 3:28 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Internet Heroes Home Computer Support

Originally Posted by g18c
The problem here of course is that villas are made like nuclear bunkers with rebar and two foot concrete slabs! Wifi has a job getting through all of that, whereas back home wall cavities are filled with spit and tissue paper!
obviously you aint in an Emaar property ..
Old Apr 25th 2009, 3:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

deemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Roadking
Go on then, what's the problem here;

I have a wifi router in the downstairs lounge and a booster in the hall upstairs. Connectivity downstairs on my laptop is good and upstairs in my daughters bedroom is also good. However in the guest room upstairs, which in nearer the booster, the signal comes and goes. I've now cabled the PC to the booster but it still loses the signal and is a bitch to get back again.

What to do, galmi or can someone give me remote help?
When you say the signal comes and goes do you mean it completely cuts off or just that signal quality is very bad.....
Old Apr 26th 2009, 4:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Smoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by deemi786
if you want some advice (free of charge) regarding PC issues let me know...

Some places take the pi$$... ill give you free advice....then act upon as you wish
Hi There,

I need to have my keyboard on my Dell Inspiron changed (2 of my keys are ****ed) and driving me nuts especially since one of them is the number 2/@. The plastic cover came off when I was cleaning it, we fixed it a few times but it just won't stay in place.

Any ideas where I can take it - I cannot stay without it for weeks and weeks though
Old Apr 26th 2009, 5:11 am
BE Enthusiast

deemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Smoochy Girl
Hi There,

I need to have my keyboard on my Dell Inspiron changed (2 of my keys are ****ed) and driving me nuts especially since one of them is the number 2/@. The plastic cover came off when I was cleaning it, we fixed it a few times but it just won't stay in place.

Any ideas where I can take it - I cannot stay without it for weeks and weeks though
you really do need to be careful when putting those back on. Try putting them back on but this time make sure it clicks in place. Or next time it is off look at the clips to see if they are broken and/or damaged (i suspect they are)

Whereabouts are you..i may have a number 2 lurking around in my drawer.

Not sure where to take it....
Old Apr 26th 2009, 5:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Smoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud of

you really do need to be careful when putting those back on. Try putting them back on but this time make sure it clicks in place. Or next time it is off look at the clips to see if they are broken and/or damaged (i suspect they are)

Whereabouts are you..i may have a number 2 lurking around in my drawer.

Not sure where to take it....
Yes #2 is now broken - it did click in place but kept coming off till I lost my plot and GLUED it in place - came off first time I used it

My number is is still there but very - errrrm wobbly? Expecting it to come off soon too!

I live in Al Barsha 3 just behind the petrol station leading towards the Tecom crossroads.
Old Apr 26th 2009, 5:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Smoochy Girl
Yes #2 is now broken - it did click in place but kept coming off till I lost my plot and GLUED it in place - came off first time I used it

My number is is still there but very - errrrm wobbly? Expecting it to come off soon too!

I live in Al Barsha 3 just behind the petrol station leading towards the Tecom crossroads.
you glued it in place?!!!

Bloody hell, what did you use? Please tell me it wasnt super glue.....
Old Apr 26th 2009, 6:16 am
BE Enthusiast

you glued it in place?!!!

Bloody hell, what did you use? Please tell me it wasnt super glue.....
No, I know I'm an idiot, but not that big an idiot!! I used jewellery glue - only a little but it didn't hold it. Actually I just spoke to my dude who said he has the clickety bit for the key, but it won't hold. So no need to take your key ............ just need a professional to fix the damn things now - or change the keyboard cos very soon, the whole laptop is going to fly out through the window and I don't think my dude will be happy with that. Of course, if he'd have to use a laptop with NO @ sign for more than 2 days - he'd probably have gone out to buy a new computer but that's men for you

So once again - does anyone know where I can take this infernal machine to be fixed or is there a computer doctor - preferably expat - who knows what he's doing??
Old Apr 26th 2009, 6:24 am
Forum Regular

B Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of light

...I think just go to carrefour and buy a new keyboard for 50 aed!
Old Apr 26th 2009, 6:28 am
Forum Regular

B Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of light

...I think there must a a gremlin about now! My PC will not connect to the net on IE8 or anything else for that matter! The other PC working through the same modem (both by cable) works OK. I had this prob a couple of years ago and took it into one of the stores but they took 14 days, (only 50 AED though).... what a pain!!!!!!!!!!:curse:
Old Apr 26th 2009, 7:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by B Bear
...I think just go to carrefour and buy a new keyboard for 50 aed!
Its a laptop
Old Apr 26th 2009, 7:33 am
Forum Regular

Its a laptop
Ah haaa! glue and sellotape then!
Old Apr 26th 2009, 7:42 am
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by g18c
Hi Roadking, you said you connected it with a cable, i take it the link light is on and but the connection still drops out? How about if you run the following command (under vista):

1) goto start
2) where is says 'start search' in the bottom left, type 'cmd'
3) a block box pops up, type 'ping www.google.com -t'
text will come up looking like:

C:\Users\Chris>ping www.google.com -t

Pinging www.l.google.com [74.125.77.103] with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 74.125.77.103: bytes=32 time=147ms TTL=237
Reply from 74.125.77.103: bytes=32 time=144ms TTL=237
Reply from 74.125.77.103: bytes=32 time=145ms TTL=237

4) let this run for about 2 minutes, then hit 'ctrl' and 'c' keys at the same time

it will say how many packets were lost, similair to the following:

Ping statistics for 74.125.77.103:
Packets: Sent = 6, Received = 6, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 144ms, Maximum = 147ms, Average = 145ms
Control-C

Could you please let me know how many loss you have. I am wondering if this is a hardware fault. Do you have Antivirus installed?

Cheers,

Chris
deemi786
Quote:

When you say the signal comes and goes do you mean it completely cuts off or just that signal quality is very bad.....

Hi Guys, thanks for the responses, however I've completely lost internet at home now. Guess al my messing around has fewked it up somehow. Think I need to galmi (get a little man in) to fix the thing.:curse:
Old Apr 26th 2009, 7:47 am
BE Enthusiast

deemi786
Quote:

Hi Guys, thanks for the responses, however I've completely lost internet at home now. Guess al my messing around has fewked it up somehow. Think I need to galmi (get a little man in) to fix the thing.:curse:
whereabouts are you?
Old Apr 26th 2009, 8:02 am
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute

whereabouts are you?
Dubai
Old Apr 26th 2009, 8:09 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Dubai

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.