Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Internet Explorer - Microsoft

Internet Explorer - Microsoft

Old Jan 31st 2011, 8:36 pm
hnd
BE Forum Addict

hnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond repute
Default Internet Explorer - Microsoft

Not sure if this should be on here or in the SandPit but anyway, here goes:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...-Explorer.html

Yes, I know, it's the Daily Wail but if there's a grain of truth in it
perhaps it will help just one person.
Old Feb 1st 2011, 3:09 pm
You read these things?

auzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Internet Explorer - Microsoft

Originally Posted by hnd
Not sure if this should be on here or in the SandPit but anyway, here goes:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...-Explorer.html

Yes, I know, it's the Daily Wail but if there's a grain of truth in it
perhaps it will help just one person.
In all honesty, I fail to understand why people even continue using IE. It's the biggest target for cybercriminals and is the number one way people's computers become infected, aside from social engineering.

Seriously. Do yourself a favour. Download the update for IE, but then download either Firefox, or Google Chrome. I use the latter, and it's far better than IE, without a doubt, and arguably better than Firefox.

They're both free and easy to install. Just remember, when it asks if you want to make Firefox or Chrome your default browser, make sure you click yes, or the box is ticked.

From a professional point of view, IE's a pain in the arse for anyone who codes for the web because it refuses to follow the rules laid down by the governing body. But meh, that's not important for anyone who doesn't code.
Old Feb 1st 2011, 6:21 pm
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by auzdafluff
From a professional point of view, IE's a pain in the arse for anyone who codes for the web because it refuses to follow the rules laid down by the governing body. But meh, that's not important for anyone who doesn't code.
Qu'est-ce que c'est?
Old Feb 1st 2011, 6:31 pm
Forum Regular

zaaboot is a jewel in the roughzaaboot is a jewel in the roughzaaboot is a jewel in the roughzaaboot is a jewel in the rough

Forget IE - I have been on Firefox for a few years now, no going back really - nice and easy and bug free

Z
Old Feb 2nd 2011, 2:39 am
You read these things?

auzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart
Qu'est-ce que c'est?
There's a set way pages are meant to be coded so that they work the same across all browsers, from one with a billion users, to one with just a few.

The problem is, Microsoft has never followed those rules. Which means that when I code a website, I have to code one version for every other browser, and then make hundreds, or sometimes thousands, of adjustments so it works the same in IE as it does the rest of them.
Old Feb 2nd 2011, 3:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Bigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by auzdafluff
There's a set way pages are meant to be coded so that they work the same across all browsers, from one with a billion users, to one with just a few.

The problem is, Microsoft has never followed those rules. Which means that when I code a website, I have to code one version for every other browser, and then make hundreds, or sometimes thousands, of adjustments so it works the same in IE as it does the rest of them.
Since when has Microsoft cared about anyone else!?! I use Chrome and love it! Much faster and user friendly.
Old Feb 6th 2011, 6:24 am
BE Enthusiast

CeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of light

IE is so 90's.

Chrome / Firefox are the only way to go. Personally its Chrome for me.
Old Feb 6th 2011, 10:11 am
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, I prefer Chrome too....no idea about the browser though!