British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   Internet Cafes... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/internet-cafes-483342/)

Jeeper Sep 25th 2007 6:19 am

Internet Cafes...

Can anyone tell me where I can find one......as near to spinneys in Um Sequim as pos....

jvr20 Sep 25th 2007 6:21 am

Re: Internet Cafes...

Originally Posted by Jeeper (Post 5351245)
Can anyone tell me where I can find one......as near to spinneys in Um Sequim as pos....

Have you tried asking any of the staff at Spinneys? or any watchman in the buildings nearby...

Inselaffen Sep 25th 2007 6:34 am

If you have your own laptop then I think Central Perk has free wireless! From Spinney's cross over the main junction (Al Wasl Road) and head straight down in diraction of Jumeirah Beach Road. Its on the left after a couple of hundred yards.

shakh your bootie Sep 25th 2007 6:37 am

Originally Posted by Inselaffen (Post 5351264)
If you have your own laptop then I think Central Perk has free wireless! From Spinney's cross over the main junction (Al Wasl Road) and head straight down in diraction of Jumeirah Beach Road. Its on the left after a couple of hundred yards.

positive confirmation on that - there is free wireless at central perk. a vacancy also exists there for a blonde with a guitar to sing "smelly cat"

Jeeper Sep 25th 2007 6:41 am

Originally Posted by Inselaffen (Post 5351264)

Thanks but no....it's my other half who's stuck at home all day and we have internet in the complex we're in but she doesn't have a laptop....
Need to find somewhere with the whole deal...

MataHari Sep 25th 2007 6:54 am

Originally Posted by shakh your bootie (Post 5351274)
positive confirmation on that - there is free wireless at central perk. a vacancy also exists there for a blonde with a guitar to sing "smelly cat"

lol...pity though Central Perk is closed during the day cause of Ramadan...

shakh your bootie Sep 25th 2007 7:00 am

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 5351326)
lol...pity though Central Perk is closed during the day cause of Ramadan...

You are a lady-lunching Mirdif Mona, then???

They do have live music in the Jumeirah Beach Rd branch - a mate of mine plays there... The eggs benedict is good hangover food.

Inselaffen Sep 25th 2007 7:01 am

Originally Posted by shakh your bootie (Post 5351274)

another opening for FD if she didnt take that Maid's job in the Deocratic Peoples Republic of Mirdif

MataHari Sep 25th 2007 7:02 am

Originally Posted by shakh your bootie (Post 5351348)
You are a lady-lunching Mirdif Mona, then???

They do have live music in the Jumeirah Beach Rd branch - a mate of mine plays there... The eggs benedict is good hangover food.

no...no lunch no brunch...
There is one in Uptown Mirdif, but I never go there, totall lack of atmosphere...

shakh your bootie Sep 25th 2007 7:03 am

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 5351357)
no...no lunch no brunch...
There is one in Uptown Mirdif, but I never go there, totall lack of atmosphere...

:rofl:that's mirdif all over!!

MataHari Sep 25th 2007 7:10 am

Originally Posted by shakh your bootie (Post 5351363)
:rofl:that's mirdif all over!!

if I hadn't already met you I'd invite you over...