Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

International Warrant for Arrest - Leaving Debts Behind

International Warrant for Arrest - Leaving Debts Behind

Old May 5th 2009, 10:32 am
Forum Regular

mysteryme is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation International Warrant for Arrest - Leaving Debts Behind

OK I know there are plenty PLENTY of rumours going around as to what really happens if and when you leave your debts behind. One of them is that the UAE can issue an international warrant for your arrest, even for small amounts If so, what happens to UK/US citizens if they go on holiday?

Sounds a bit far fetched to me! Hence it being a rumour probably. Just was wondering what other people's opinions were!
Old May 5th 2009, 10:40 am
BE Forum Addict

admon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: International Warrant for Arrest - Leaving Debts Behind

It would be nice if they could do it, thats for sure.
Old May 5th 2009, 11:12 am
BE Enthusiast

AnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of light

I have debts in the UAE which remain unpaid. I dont have an international arrest warrant. Does that answer your question? Do you know how many people around the world flee debts from various countries???
Old May 5th 2009, 12:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ronnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by admon
It would be nice if they could do it, thats for sure.
Really?? Why would you wish for people who have come over here in good faith (and then been unceremoniously sacked and given a month's notice) to face prison time? Not really their fault that the system is so utterly draconian.

As an aside, in reality are you really such a complete _______ or do you like to come on here and play the pantomime villain...I'm intrigued. Perhaps in everyday life you are a friend to animals and the needy?
Old May 5th 2009, 12:15 pm
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mysteryme
OK I know there are plenty PLENTY of rumours going around as to what really happens if and when you leave your debts behind. One of them is that the UAE can issue an international warrant for your arrest, even for small amounts If so, what happens to UK/US citizens if they go on holiday?

Sounds a bit far fetched to me! Hence it being a rumour probably. Just was wondering what other people's opinions were!
Utter, utter nonsense.
Old May 5th 2009, 12:38 pm
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

Bollox.......
Old May 5th 2009, 12:47 pm
Forum Regular

mysteryme is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TGFKASE
Bollox.......
that's what i thought!!!!
Old May 5th 2009, 12:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ronnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond repute

TOTAL SHIT.
Old May 5th 2009, 12:51 pm
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

that's what i thought!!!!
Just giving my opinion.....
Old May 5th 2009, 5:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

admon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ronnie Biggs
Really?? Why would you wish for people who have come over here in good faith (and then been unceremoniously sacked and given a month's notice) to face prison time? Not really their fault that the system is so utterly draconian.

As an aside, in reality are you really such a complete _______ or do you like to come on here and play the pantomime villain...I'm intrigued. Perhaps in everyday life you are a friend to animals and the needy?
oh take that trumpet out of your arse dear boy..

Adult responsibilities. If people run away from thousands of £/$/whatever debt, then they should be able to be held responsible.
And I don't even want to hear the crap about credit being 'forced onto people'.
Adults make their own decisions. Live with the consequence and stop crying like a baby.
Old May 5th 2009, 6:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

AnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of light

oh take that trumpet out of your arse dear boy..

Adult responsibilities. If people run away from thousands of £/$/whatever debt, then they should be able to be held responsible.
And I don't even want to hear the crap about credit being 'forced onto people'.
Adults make their own decisions. Live with the consequence and stop crying like a baby.
So, as opposed to western laws (even backwards middle eastern laws), you believe a debt issue should be a criminal rather than civil matter?
Old May 5th 2009, 7:09 pm
Is not impressed...

Aikman7981 is just really niceAikman7981 is just really niceAikman7981 is just really niceAikman7981 is just really niceAikman7981 is just really niceAikman7981 is just really niceAikman7981 is just really niceAikman7981 is just really niceAikman7981 is just really nice

I suppose an International Arrest Warrant would land you...

In the International Criminal Court (ICC)???

You could be tried right after the president of the Sudan!
Old May 6th 2009, 6:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by AnotherWorld
So, as opposed to western laws (even backwards middle eastern laws), you believe a debt issue should be a criminal rather than civil matter?
deliberate evasion from debt should be able to be collected.

It is tantamount to fraud in cases where there is no attempt to repay the debt - which in theory is then a criminal issue.

Yeah yeah I know you have outstanding debts here, well documented.
Old May 6th 2009, 8:48 am
BE Enthusiast

It is tantamount to fraud in cases where there is no attempt to repay the debt - which in theory is then a criminal issue.
Good thing thats not gonna happen eh?
Old May 6th 2009, 4:19 pm
Go on.. Pull my finger..

Yeah yeah I know you have outstanding debts here, well documented.
Yeah, but admon, its not deliberate evasion from debt, its forced on people.. Not the debt, but the evasion..

Lose your job, account frozen, jail...

Or lose your job, attempt to come to an arrangement with the bank, account frozen, jail...

Or lose your job, jump on a plane, attempt to come to an arrangement with the bank, account frozen, no jail...

What would you do

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.