Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Inland revenue and working abroad?

Inland revenue and working abroad?

Old Mar 25th 2011, 7:07 am
Just Joined

aviduser is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Inland revenue and working abroad?

Hi guys,

Im working in Qatar for the last 6 months. I took an unpaid leave from my work in UK.

My family still living in UK and we get child tax credit.. what should I do? any advice?
Old Mar 25th 2011, 7:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Inland revenue and working abroad?

Originally Posted by aviduser
Hi guys,

Im working in Qatar for the last 6 months. I took an unpaid leave from my work in UK.

My family still living in UK and we get child tax credit.. what should I do? any advice?
move to cuba and fake your own death.
Old Mar 25th 2011, 7:43 am
Just Joined

aviduser is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by EmiratesMillhouse
move to cuba and fake your own death.
I'm serious man.. I called the Inland revenue before I left and to told them I'm leaving but wasn't sure if I will stick to my job abroad or not, they told me I dont need to do anything, but I think the lady I spoke to didnt have a clue. now after 6 months I think I will stay abroad. My family will in UK till the end of the academic year in UK.

I have 3 children and I still get child tax credit back abroad.. what should I do?

Im looking for those with similar cases please..
Old Mar 25th 2011, 7:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

I'm serious man.. I called the Inland revenue before I left and to told them I'm leaving but wasn't sure if I will stick to my job abroad or not, they told me I dont need to do anything, but I think the lady I spoke to didnt have a clue. now after 6 months I think I will stay abroad. My family will in UK till the end of the academic year in UK.

I have 3 children and I still get child tax credit back abroad.. what should I do?

Im looking for those with similar cases please..
cancel the tax credits - you are no probably longer entitled to them.
Fill in a P85
Don't go back to the UK for more than 90days until April, 2012.

Should do it.
Old Mar 25th 2011, 11:43 am
BE Forum Addict

jackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of light

Hi guys,

Where is UK? I only came here for a week in 1995! Is Harold Wilson, Ted Heath, or Margaret Thatcher still Prime Minister? Do they still have 'Dog and Television Licences?' - I need a Licence for my 'Old Dog!' She should not be let out!

What on Earth is 'Child Tax Credit?'

PS
Has National Service Finished?
Old Mar 25th 2011, 12:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

jackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by jackthehat
Where is UK? I only came here for a week in 1995! Is Harold Wilson, Ted Heath, or Margaret Thatcher still Prime Minister? Do they still have 'Dog and Television Licences?' - I need a Licence for my 'Old Dog!' She should not be let out!

What on Earth is 'Child Tax Credit?'

PS
Has National Service Finished?
Just checked on Wikipedia! The UK is the 51st State of the USA! Everyone speaks a new language called SMS! - Where can I find a translator to speak with my kids in SMS? - They send me messages that I cannot understand! - Particularly, I am interested in WTF, LOL, and ROFL! - Is this something to do with George Orwell and 1984? - Is there a 'Newspeak' in the UK? - As predicted? Or is the UK Governorate intent upon 'Conditioning' its population? I always thought that '1984' was meant to be a 'Warning' to Government, rather than a 'Template!'

Last edited by jackthehat; Mar 25th 2011 at 12:19 pm.
Old Mar 26th 2011, 8:08 am
Account Closed

weasel central is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jackthehat
Just checked on Wikipedia! The UK is the 51st State of the USA! Everyone speaks a new language called SMS! - Where can I find a translator to speak with my kids in SMS? - They send me messages that I cannot understand! - Particularly, I am interested in WTF, LOL, and ROFL! - Is this something to do with George Orwell and 1984? - Is there a 'Newspeak' in the UK? - As predicted? Or is the UK Governorate intent upon 'Conditioning' its population? I always thought that '1984' was meant to be a 'Warning' to Government, rather than a 'Template!'
I read your post in the style of someone who has just taken a huge inhalation of helium.