Reload this Page >

information required

information required

Old Nov 30th 2007, 4:35 pm
Forum Regular

madscots will become famous soon enoughmadscots will become famous soon enough
Default information required

hi there

been looking at working in Dubai and have heard about a 10% payment from UAE goverment to me, have i got this right? or is this mis information.
also i have been told this applies for entering into UAE from 1st Jan 08 to qualify. Again is this mis information.

thanks
Old Nov 30th 2007, 5:50 pm
Powered by cows

Autonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: information required

i fear for the worst here - but pray tell, my fellow Scot, what are you talking aboot?

Originally Posted by madscots
hi there

been looking at working in Dubai and have heard about a 10% payment from UAE goverment to me, have i got this right? or is this mis information.
also i have been told this applies for entering into UAE from 1st Jan 08 to qualify. Again is this mis information.

thanks
Old Nov 30th 2007, 5:57 pm
Forum Regular

hi there,
i will see if i can explain what i was told by my colleages.
at the moment the company i work for are recruiting in dubai, i am going for an interview, re position, etc.
they have told me that if i got the offer and accepted i would be over there at the start of jan 08. they also muttered something about 10%, saying that because the UK pension would stop, 10% would be added to salary but you wouldnt see it as it would go elsewhere, i might not have got the full information about this. now for the life of me i have never seen / read anything like this on any of the forums, so i dont know if this is true or not.

thanks
Old Nov 30th 2007, 6:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

hi there,
i will see if i can explain what i was told by my colleages.
at the moment the company i work for are recruiting in dubai, i am going for an interview, re position, etc.
they have told me that if i got the offer and accepted i would be over there at the start of jan 08. they also muttered something about 10%, saying that because the UK pension would stop, 10% would be added to salary but you wouldnt see it as it would go elsewhere, i might not have got the full information about this. now for the life of me i have never seen / read anything like this on any of the forums, so i dont know if this is true or not.

thanks
I have never ever seen anything like this in my whole life!!!
Old Nov 30th 2007, 6:17 pm
Forum Regular

thanks, think folk here are giving me duff information.

as im hoping to be over in dubai early next year, whats the approx rental figures for different areas - international city, tecom, etc. (2 bedroom).

here is another odd one, all the posts i have been reading about folk moving out there, its all at the start of the year, never mid year, again is there a reason for this?

thanks
Old Nov 30th 2007, 7:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

thanks, think folk here are giving me duff information.

as im hoping to be over in dubai early next year, whats the approx rental figures for different areas - international city, tecom, etc. (2 bedroom).

here is another odd one, all the posts i have been reading about folk moving out there, its all at the start of the year, never mid year, again is there a reason for this?

thanks
it sounds like yur company may just be giving you an uplift on your salary as the will not be maintaining NI and Pension contibutions in the UK. Nothing to do with the authorities over here.

as for rent its better if you advise where you will be working then people on here can advise you on the best places to live and the rent
Old Nov 30th 2007, 7:58 pm
Forum Regular

hi there,

think that clears up this odd figure that folk have muttered to me. i would be working in the construction industry, hq is close to the emirates towers, areas they are working in are festival city etc.

thanks
Old Nov 30th 2007, 8:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond repute

hi there,

think that clears up this odd figure that folk have muttered to me. i would be working in the construction industry, hq is close to the emirates towers, areas they are working in are festival city etc.

thanks
Just get your offer clear in black and white.
Post the final analysis and we'll be happy to comment on whether it makes sense or no....

Welcome to the UAE if, Inshallah, you come...