Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Informal Abu Dhabi Networking

Informal Abu Dhabi Networking

Old Jul 8th 2008, 10:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: The city of many visions - and fast performance cars
weescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Informal Abu Dhabi Networking

Let me do the wiggling Norm! I can do any night - esp as a few others want to get together...
Old Jul 8th 2008, 3:19 pm
Just Joined

proximity is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Norm_uk
So a Sunday or a Tuesday at around 7pm...righty ho I reckon this saturday at 3pm then!

I think I have something on next sunday and tuesday so it might have to be the week after unless I can wiggle out of my commitments.

N.
So, if anybody else would be around on this Sat. @ 3pm, I would be there...
Old Jul 8th 2008, 4:12 pm

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by proximity
So, if anybody else would be around on this Sat. @ 3pm, I would be there...
Let's make it 3am as a few people might be able to make it then and there won't be much traffic
Old Jul 9th 2008, 12:53 pm

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Alright how does next week Wednesday at 7pm at a to be disclosed location in the tourist club area sound to everyone?

N.
Old Jul 9th 2008, 6:20 pm
Just Joined

proximity is an unknown quantity at this point

Alright how does next week Wednesday at 7pm at a to be disclosed location in the tourist club area sound to everyone?

N.
Couldn't be better...
Old Jul 13th 2008, 6:55 am
BE Enthusiast

weescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond repute

I can make it by around 9...
Old Jul 13th 2008, 7:15 am
Banned

Sam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, count me in.

Sam x
Old Jul 14th 2008, 6:02 am

Originally Posted by weescot
I can make it by around 9...
As it's networking focused (albeit casual) the time is 7pm and should be over long before 9 so if you turn up and we're still there expect a group of drunkards babbling incoherantly
Old Jul 15th 2008, 9:04 am
Just Joined

Nickster is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi There,

Apologies to cut in on your networking arrangements. I'm looking for some advice/contacts to generate some work out in the Middle East. I have a design agency in London (motion graphics, web and print/brand design) and am keen to get some clients in what seems to be an interesting and exciting market.

I'm coming out to Abu Dhabi for a few days at the end of October and wanted to show some of our work out there. Is this the right kind of forum to be finding contacts/getting advice - I'm not overly experienced with online forums.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Old Jul 15th 2008, 9:08 am
BE Enthusiast

N.
As it's networking focused (albeit casual) the time is 7pm and should be over long before 9 so if you turn up and we're still there expect a group of drunkards babbling incoherantly
Location?
Old Jul 15th 2008, 9:57 am
Just Joined

Was that a response to my question weescot? If so, the location of what?
Old Jul 15th 2008, 10:22 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nickster
Was that a response to my question weescot? If so, the location of what?
no she was answering Norm
Old Jul 15th 2008, 10:25 am
Just Joined

Thank you for that. Slowly starting to understand the way it works!
Old Jul 15th 2008, 11:24 am
Forum Regular

Nav_72 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey all

I'm new to this forum and also will be new to AD in August when I move and take up a new job there. Will be working in and ard AD mall, the east and west towers. As i am new - and will not have "many" friends, meeting expats would for sure help me cover on some of the do's and dont's. I was working in AD last yr for a few months so have a bit of understanding, but any other advice would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

Nav
Old Jul 15th 2008, 3:49 pm

Originally Posted by Nickster
Hi There,

Apologies to cut in on your networking arrangements. I'm looking for some advice/contacts to generate some work out in the Middle East. I have a design agency in London (motion graphics, web and print/brand design) and am keen to get some clients in what seems to be an interesting and exciting market.

I'm coming out to Abu Dhabi for a few days at the end of October and wanted to show some of our work out there. Is this the right kind of forum to be finding contacts/getting advice - I'm not overly experienced with online forums.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Hi

No need to apologise...these are open forums

Get in touch a few weeks before you come out in October and we can try to get a few of us together so you can network and see what a bunch of heavy drinking scoundrels we are!

N.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.