Reload this Page >

Info required Re moving to Dubai

Info required Re moving to Dubai

Old Apr 18th 2004, 5:51 am
Forum Regular

MCA27 will become famous soon enoughMCA27 will become famous soon enough
Default Info required Re moving to Dubai

Hi all

I am contemplating a move to Dubai sometime next year. I am British, but currently living in Germany. What would interest me is the following;

Healthcare - I assume that all expats would have private health insurance as there is no state health system?

Education - For those of you that that have children, again I assume that education is paid for by parents. What would the average yearly fee be, that one can expect to pay for education per child.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Martin
Old Apr 18th 2004, 7:59 am
Forum Regular

CarolFraser is an unknown quantity at this point

Re healthcare, I'm not entirely sure but I think you can get free healthcare if you have a health card. HOWEVER, it will involve queueing for ages with a bunch of Indians in a hospital probably not of your choice. Most ex-pats do have health insurance but if (unlike me!) you get the usual sort of ex-pat package, health care may be included.

Same goes for education - most standard packages include school fees. My eldest is at Jumeirah Primary School & the fees are approx 26,000 Dirhams pa. A bit more than some other schools here I believe but cheaper than fee paying schools in the UK. The website expatmum.com has loads of info on schooling as no-one seems to bother reading previous threads first. Best advice I can give on schools is to register with all of them ASAP as the waiting lists are chronic.

Good luck!
Old Apr 19th 2004, 5:07 am
Forum Regular

MCA27 will become famous soon enoughMCA27 will become famous soon enough

thanks