Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Info Needs of Settled and New Expats to Saudi?

Info Needs of Settled and New Expats to Saudi?

Old Oct 29th 2010, 3:56 pm
Forum Regular

Desert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really nice
Default Info Needs of Settled and New Expats to Saudi?

Hi guys.

For all those expats in Saudi/ Riyadh.

I was wondering if you would like share with me your needs relating to Information in Saudi/ Riyadh on events, places to eat, other essential info you feel you would be usefull for you. Areas can include lifestyle, fashion, events (expats or locals) culinary or anything else I may have missed out.

Do you think a webiste dedicated to both locals and expats (Arabic and English) covering various elements as mentioned above would be worthwhile launching in Saudi with focus on particular cities if required?

Feel free to comment?

Thanks.
DS.

Last edited by Desert Shaikh; Oct 29th 2010 at 3:58 pm.
Old Oct 30th 2010, 4:42 am
BE Forum Addict

coffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Info Needs of Settled and New Expats to Saudi?

Yes i think this could be a good idea. Deepending on the views shared of course
Riyadh is expanding at an alraming fast rate so many new projecting comming up.
Eating out plenty of nice places to go on an evening.
Just a shame about the traffic,
Riyadh for a most of the day now is grid locked.
Old Oct 30th 2010, 4:49 am
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute

good idea but wouldn't this sort of go against the security advice to Westerners of keeping a low profile and not having predictable schedules etc?
Old Oct 30th 2010, 10:34 am
Account Closed

weasel central is an unknown quantity at this point

where to get laid seems to be the biggest concerns of many ex-pats in saudi.

if you can provide this kind of information I can see you having a very successful website and then due to its popularity being soon banned by the saudi firewall
Old Oct 31st 2010, 10:59 pm
Forum Regular

Desert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really nice

Originally Posted by saudiflares View Post
good idea but wouldn't this sort of go against the security advice to Westerners of keeping a low profile and not having predictable schedules etc?
Hmm, I see where you are comming from.

I guess it would be then up to the individual to go out or not. I have seen many European and US expats out and about in Malls and Local Areas where there are resturaunts (Tahlia and Thalateen to mention a few).

But since the site would focus on all residents in Riyadh (Locals, Expats be they western or non western) the audience would increase.
Old Oct 31st 2010, 11:06 pm
Global Hobo

Norsk-also is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by weasel central View Post
where to get laid seems to be the biggest concerns of many ex-pats in saudi.
Isn't this what Bahrain is for? Thats the stories I hear.
Old Nov 1st 2010, 5:09 am
Account Closed

weasel central is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Norsk-also View Post
Isn't this what Bahrain is for? Thats the stories I hear.
yeah true but sometimes its nice to have someone call over on a boring monday night, rather than taking two flights
Old Nov 2nd 2010, 4:33 pm
Just Joined

pj44 is an unknown quantity at this point

If you can't do the "where to get laid" item you could try 101 recipes to make your own fuit juice
Old Nov 3rd 2010, 4:53 am
BE Forum Addict

hoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pj44 View Post
If you can't do the "where to get laid" item you could try 101 recipes to make your own fuit juice
..or alternatively what companies will deliver an entire truckload of expired non-alcoholic beer to an apartment building.