Reload this Page >

Info on family of 3 moving to UAE/Abu Dhabi

Info on family of 3 moving to UAE/Abu Dhabi

Old Jan 19th 2013, 4:37 pm
Just Joined

Dafydd.Jones is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Info on family of 3 moving to UAE/Abu Dhabi

Hi,
My dad has asked me to do some research for him on moving to Abu dhabi. What would happen is he would go out there and me and my mum would visit every school holiday to see if we like AD. If we did go out we would do so in Jan14. The school that I would hope to attend is Brighton College but if that doesn't work out Al Yasmina, BISAD, BSAK Cambridge High. First we would need ratings on the schools which one would be best, we would prefer somewhere (preferably a villa) on island as close to Corniche as possible. The requirements are at least a shared pool 2-3 bedrooms. Rent upto 140,000 AED per year not buying. Also my mum would hope to get a job out there as she doesn't like not working as she has never stopped working for 30 years at different things. She has no university degree but has worked in the admin industry for about 15 years. She world hope to have a job around school holidays so we could come back to the UK. If anyone could suggest a job then that would be great. Also how much would it cost to ship a : 27" iMac, Xbox 360 and some clothes to the UAE? Hope you can help
Dafydd Jones
Old Jan 19th 2013, 5:04 pm
Forum Regular

Arcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Info on family of 3 moving to UAE/Abu Dhabi

Originally Posted by Dafydd.Jones
Hi,
My dad has asked me to do some research for him on moving to Abu dhabi. What would happen is he would go out there and me and my mum would visit every school holiday to see if we like AD. If we did go out we would do so in Jan14. The school that I would hope to attend is Brighton College but if that doesn't work out Al Yasmina, BISAD, BSAK Cambridge High. First we would need ratings on the schools which one would be best, we would prefer somewhere (preferably a villa) on island as close to Corniche as possible. The requirements are at least a shared pool 2-3 bedrooms. Rent upto 140,000 AED per year not buying. Also my mum would hope to get a job out there as she doesn't like not working as she has never stopped working for 30 years at different things. She has no university degree but has worked in the admin industry for about 15 years. She world hope to have a job around school holidays so we could come back to the UK. If anyone could suggest a job then that would be great. Also how much would it cost to ship a : 27" iMac, Xbox 360 and some clothes to the UAE? Hope you can help
Dafydd Jones

Hi...parents wont get a villa close to corniche for 140,000 but will get a really nice apartment.

Your mum might stand a good chance of getting a job in one of the schools or nurseries as admin which will give her school hols off or quiet a lot of them.

Just take your xbox etc in your suitcase.
Old Jan 19th 2013, 5:08 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Arcadia
Hi...parents wont get a villa close to corniche for 140,000 but will get a really nice apartment.

Your mum might stand a good chance of getting a job in one of the schools or nurseries as admin which will give her school hols off or quiet a lot of them.

Just take your xbox etc in your suitcase.
OK agree with villa bit where would be the best place to get villa and if we had one near corniche how much would it cost and where. Also I don't think I could fit a 27 inch iMac in a suitcase cos 1 it's too big and 2 it weighs 10kg
Old Jan 19th 2013, 11:04 pm
Forum Regular

Arcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond repute

OK agree with villa bit where would be the best place to get villa and if we had one near corniche how much would it cost and where. Also I don't think I could fit a 27 inch iMac in a suitcase cos 1 it's too big and 2 it weighs 10kg
Cheapest villa to the corniche would probably be Khaladia village which are around 270,000 dhs.

Much better to look around Al reef or raha or even Khalifa A or B areas..a long way from the corniche though.

Regarding your personnel items some companies offer a shipping allowance depends who your dad will be working for.

Theres lots of advice on here, and you have quite sometime before coming to Abu Dhabi.
Old Jan 20th 2013, 10:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,
Dafydd Jones
you wont get a villa for 140 on the island, perhaps off the island. the best school is bsak as its been around the longest, in a few years it will have more competition when brighton college does get over its teething problems. the problem with your mum working in admin quite often a degree is required, you can work perhaps in a school but you need to show that you have alevels etc, and then the pay would be perhaps around the 6k mark and thats the only time you would get school holidays.
Old Jan 20th 2013, 10:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

to get a villa near the corniche at least 250k.
Old Jan 20th 2013, 11:36 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by busybee2
to get a villa near the corniche at least 250k.
OK can u give me a name of a complex with those villas on please
Old Jan 20th 2013, 1:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OK can u give me a name of a complex with those villas on please
no they will be individual but 250k is an awful lof of money like 43,000 pounds in one payment and thats cheap too!
Old Jan 20th 2013, 3:39 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by busybee2
no they will be individual but 250k is an awful lof of money like 43,000 pounds in one payment and thats cheap too!
ok that is a lot, where do you recommend off island for 3brs and budget of 140,000
Old Jan 20th 2013, 3:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ok that is a lot, where do you recommend off island for 3brs and budget of 140,000
i said al reef, perhaps you could find in khalifa city a or b.