IT Industry Jobs?

Old Aug 23rd 2008, 8:44 am
Just Joined

mandi_allardyce is an unknown quantity at this point
Default IT Industry Jobs? Please Help!

Hi Guys,

My husband and I are planning to relocate to Dubai this October. Although it seems very difficult in finding IT industry positions. I work in property so haven't had a problem. But he is currently a Flash developer with experience in many different IT skils.
Could anybody tell me what the market is like for young professionals in the IT industry? He has an amazing skill set although that wont help until he manages to secure some interviews.
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Mandi

Last edited by mandi_allardyce; Aug 23rd 2008 at 8:54 am.
Old Aug 23rd 2008, 9:01 am
Soupy twist

Eeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IT Industry Jobs?

Any IT-based jobs, apart from management roles, are difficult here because there's a colossal pool of highly-qualified people from India and Pakistan who will do the job for much less money than Westerners will expect, and as the cost of living in Dubai continues to rise, companies are actively trying to reduce their staff costs as much as possible.

Given that he works with Flash, I'd try banging on doors at media and creative companies rather than IT ones. He might get lucky.
Old Aug 23rd 2008, 10:03 am
Just Joined

yeah to be honest I was thinking the same thing. I just really hope we find something. Right now we are trying to contact every recruitment agency and sending his CV everywhere, and we will be there to do it face to face in October.
Old Aug 23rd 2008, 10:06 am
Forum Regular

Saj786 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mandi_allardyce
yeah to be honest I was thinking the same thing. I just really hope we find something. Right now we are trying to contact every recruitment agency and sending his CV everywhere, and we will be there to do it face to face in October.
may be able to help, i have sent you a PM
Old Aug 23rd 2008, 10:39 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Saj786

Could you send that again please? The admin wont let me see PMs until I have 3 posts
Old Aug 23rd 2008, 10:48 am
Just Joined

Ah got it. Thanks - Theos emailed you.
Old Oct 17th 2008, 11:29 am
BE Enthusiast

LukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Saj786
Do you possibly have anymore IT vacancies. I can send you my details etc.