British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   Indoor tennis courts in Dubai? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/indoor-tennis-courts-dubai-618068/)

Timmy Molloy - London Boy Jul 3rd 2009 8:13 am

Indoor tennis courts in Dubai?

I been scouring the internet this morning trying to find such a thing - does anyone knw whether these exist?

Had fallen out of love with tennis for a few years, since the game lost all the good characters. But have enjoyed watching Wimbledon this yr

I reckon there's no better way to start the weekend than picking up your bat and a few balls, getting on court and playing a 3 setter.

TM - LB

Blue Cat Jul 3rd 2009 11:35 am

Re: Indoor tennis courts in Dubai?

well the Country Club used to have them til they pulled the place down, can't think of anywhere else. There is the Clark Francis Tennis Academy down at the Hyatt, they might have some or might know where some can be found.

Timmy Molloy - London Boy Jul 3rd 2009 12:12 pm

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 7719975)
well the Country Club used to have them til they pulled the place down, can't think of anywhere else. There is the Clark Francis Tennis Academy down at the Hyatt, they might have some or might know where some can be found.

hello Blue Cat. Thanks for the tip - 4 courts there, all outdoor

i dont think they have indoor here, as I had a good ole look

thx again

TM - LB

Blue Cat Jul 3rd 2009 12:16 pm

the only other place I can think is Jumeirah Beach Hotel, their Sports Pavillion?

Nic1 Jul 3rd 2009 12:27 pm

what about the place that does the sports parties in Al Quoz ? Can't remember what it's called but they have indoor cricket, football and other stuff. They might have tennis courts - will post the name if I can remember it.

N

Euc- Jul 3rd 2009 12:36 pm

I believe there is something in Abu Hail, near century mall and that bowling centre. No idea about any contact details though, I do remember they also have indoor footie facilities.

Blue Cat Jul 3rd 2009 12:46 pm

yes you are right! there is an indoor gym etc isn't there that does monthly memberships. Information should be on EW somewhere.

Scratcher Jul 3rd 2009 2:23 pm

Originally Posted by Nic1 (Post 7720181)
what about the place that does the sports parties in Al Quoz ? Can't remember what it's called but they have indoor cricket, football and other stuff. They might have tennis courts - will post the name if I can remember it.

N

Inzsports, or something like that. I've played football there but I don't remember any tennis courts.

Scratcher

Nic1 Jul 3rd 2009 4:51 pm

That's the place. :)

Or try these people they may know :

Supersports
PO Box 76343, Dubai, UAE

Tel / Fax: +971 4 3994826

Mobile: +971 50 6575021

Email: [email protected]